“The perfect hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serene Hotel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Serene Hotel & Suites
You added Serene Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
12004 Coastal Hwy, 121st Street & Oceanblock, Ocean City, MD 21842 (Formerly Georgia Belle Hotel & Suites)   |
Ranked #100 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Wappingers Falls, New York
“The perfect hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I came in very late and we were hot, tired and just wanted to sleep. When we got to the hotel, we checked in and the room that was assigned to us wasn't what I was expecting; so I went back down to the lobby and they gave me two keys to look at two different rooms to see if I like either of them to make up for the room that was assigned to us; and we picked the room that suited us best and we were so happy. It fitted just what we needed, along with our dogs that traveled 6 hours with us as we came down from upstate New York. The staff here really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and happy. If anyone were to ask us where to stay when in Ocean City, I would highly recommend Serene Hotel and Suites; the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant! I literally cried the day we had to leave; but I will be coming back next year to the same hotel, that is for sure!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mankato, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

This is the first BAD review I have felt the need to write. I travel on a budget and don't expect plush, but I do expect clean. This place was dirty, the carpet hadn't been vacuumed in who-knows-when, there were piles of sand, and long hair everywhere. The bathroom floor was dirty too, not just the brownish tile grout but the corners and baseboard were filthy. Loose hair that a simple broom would catch. Ceiling in the bathroom was about to fall in, the shower curtain had mold spots on the edges.

Had we not book online and paid in advance we never would have stayed there. We saw much nicer hotels with Vacancy signs ON advertising lower rates than we paid.

I had to clean the fridge before turning it on. You can't leave your patio door open at night or when you leave because all the balconies connect, so there is a stick of wood for you to lay in the door jam when you leave or sleep. The door jam was of course filthy with crud.

The first morning I noticed the sheets were covered in every color and length of human hair because we picked it up with our feet off the dirty carpet. So we left the bed open and blanket on the floor so the maid could change the sheets, the only thing the maid did was swap out the towels, never even made the bed, certainly didn't vacuum. The new towels were embedded with....you guessed it, long black hair.

So we switched to the other bed the second night, as I got in bed and moved the pillow, the headboard actually fell off the wall...because I moved a pillow?

The front desk staff were friendly enough when we checked in, but the evening staff were outside on their cell with personal calls each time we walked by on our way the the elevator, which is even dirtier than the rooms, and the cement stairwells only get cleaned when it rains...does rain remove gum? Nope.

I have stayed in hotels where the wallpaper is peeling and gave them great reviews, but this place needs better housekeeping and maintenance like I have never seen before, needless to stay the envelope tucked into our mirror for tips for the maid stayed empty.

Cape May, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My family and I just recently vacationed in OC and stayed at the Serene Hotels and Suites. Probabl like many others, i sat at the computer day after day reading reviews over and over, somehow hoping they would change so i could feel better about the hotel. The reviews were bad, but the price was unbelievable, so i said what the heck, push come to shove we leave and stay somewhere else. We had a party of 6 including our dog. From the moment i walked in , I was SHOCKED. No its not a a 5 star hotel, but the reviews didnt do it any justice. We stayed in a King suite, with 2 queen beds. I think what upsets people is that when you think Hotel, you expect certain things, but to me this was more like an apartment. It was spacious, clean, and their in the process of painting and changing the carpets. The location is THE BEST, and the beach is awesome, its not as crowded as other beaches. Its a little far from the Boardwalk, bt for 2 dollars you can get on the bus that rides up and down the strip!!!!!!!!! It beats driving and trying to park. THe staff was very friendly and accomadating. we didnt see holes in the wall, bugs, or dirty carpets. We had a great time at a great price. AGAIN, SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I work in the hospitality industry and actually have several choices to stay when I travel; however, we always stay at Serene. You'll read the other reviews and hear the bad, the worse, etc. The hotel is not fancy by any means, if you are looking for the vacation of a lifetime and expect concierge level of service do not stay at Serene.

However, if you are looking to enjoy a vacation and have a front desk that you feel like it is your aunt and you can call and ask for anything, then stay at Serene. Each guest gets a free bag of ice once a day. This doesn't seem like a big deal but you get to walk down from your room, top off your cooler and roll right down to the beach.

The beds are comfortable enough, the views from the balconies are great. There isn't always enough towels, that does annoy me but the front desk does what they can.

Honestly, I would say the #1 problem with the hotel is the owners willingness to put any more money into it. The staff that is there is friendly as can be though. And after a day on the beach it is nice to relax in the pool for a bit which the sun hits perfectly in the evening hours.

Also, the restaurant on the block has great bloody mary's and breakfast. You can walk accross the street to 7-11 or WaWa.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Traveled to Beach without reservations not wise move, but found serene motel to have vacancy for nights needed. First red flag should have been nasty motel office, looked dirty. So we pay extra for an ocean view room on 3rd floor, me and my husband are traveling with 3 kids 8,4,under 2 year old. We walk in the room it stinks of some nasty oder, now the motel lets pets so the carpet is all stained I can only imagine how much dog matter was on the carpet my children were walking on. Ants were crawling all over the microwave and refrigerator across the dressers on walls. All snacks had to be securely wrapped. So we check out our "private balcony" the railing is broken on the bottom, so if my childern were to be out there and push on it they could fall 3 floors, so extra money spent on a ocean view we could not use. Also broken hand rails on steps where children could fall down between the concrete steps several floors. Place was dirty, smelly and unsafe.

indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Unfortunately we did not see the reviews for this "hotel" until after having the worst hotel experience of my life. It was so uncomfortable that I felt compelled to warn others of this atrocious place. In addition to the comments the other reviews have made, I wanted to add that the carpets were so filthy (what word can mean dirtier than filthy??) I literally had to scrub my children's feet with soap right before we left because the soles of their feet were BLACK. Room was nothing like the website published. Also, they advertised two televisions, and we only had one tiny one. There were two tiny bars of soap, but none of the other toiletries one expects at a hotel, and there was no coffee pot or iron in the room. The towels were clean, and the bathroom wasn't dirty, but it was very stained and badly water-damaged. Staff was friendly enough and any time we asked for something we got it, but over all this place was AWFUL!!! I would have been more satisfied in a tent on the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Serene Hotel is a wonderful place to stay. We went down twice already and the service was very friendly and polite. The last time we went down we took our dog and its a very good place to stay for your money. Location is wonderful your only about 2 blocks from the beach and there are so many place you can walk to. I would definitly go back again and again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Serene Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!