“Not even fit to be a no star hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Serene Hotel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Serene Hotel & Suites
Save Saved
You added Serene Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
12004 Coastal Hwy, 121st Street & Oceanblock, Ocean City, MD 21842 (Formerly Georgia Belle Hotel & Suites)   |
Ranked #99 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Annapolis, Maryland
“Not even fit to be a no star hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed for about 30 minutes. Checked in around 12:30 am. Climbed the steps covered with trash past the overflowing dumpster to our scenic room overlooking the alley. Managed to get the lock to work to open the door, turned on the light and watched a roach run out of the room!! Stepped inside to the smell of dog urine, a corner shelf falling down, paint covered couch, plaster peeling off of the ceiling and I do not know even what on the toilet seat. I wish I was making all of this up but not even my imagination is that good. Teenaged girl on the front desk was no help, so we left for another hotel. Came back the next morning to get the rest of my stay refunded. Told the assistant manager all of this and his only comment was, " well, we are only a 2 star hotel and you got a good rate"!! Really?? Never again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Gardners, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

When we checked in I was suppose to get vouchers but they didn't have them,the assistant manager said he would have them in the morning.I said o.k..Then he made the comment if I didn't have the dogs he could put us in a nicer room.We got to the room and you could smell other animals in the room,the sink was ready to fall to the floor,they had one blanket no extras,they turned the hot water off all the time,there was human hair on the towels,the elevator was dirty.If I was a family traveling with a pet I would never stay here,I would rather sleep in my car.This was just the pet room we stayed in.We never got our vouchers either they lied about them so we checked out and got refunded.never will we stay there again...................

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here for anything
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Bel Air, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The rooms smelled very musty and dirty some of the amenities that were listed was NOT available IRON, BLOW DRYER, COFFEE MAKER . Had a old 19 inch,TV lousy reception . Pool was as big as a bath tub Thank God was able to get refund and stay at Days Inn same price .. Refund took 10 days to be in my account .. I called General manager Sal who was never there to give feedback never returned phone calls ... BAD BAD BAD !!!!

Room Tip: Never use price line .com to find a place .. Do your own resaerch .
Pasadena, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed at this hotel because I wanted to take my son and our dog for a few days to the ocean. This place is horrible. No smoke detector, holes in the walls, a sofa bed that was broken, room was filthy, and service stunk!!!! Would never stay here again. Reported them to the Health Department, Fire Department and every other agency we could think of. Came home and immediately gave the dog a bath. Do not stay here!!!!

Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Don't stay at this moldy hotel. There is moss growing on the balcony, hole in the door, 19" TV bring your own cable and TV stand, bring throw rugs. Don't plan on taking a shower. The toilet was leaking and the sink was outside of the room. Furniture was dirty and for midgets. Fridge was gross, bring a cooler. Bring your own bedding and lysol by the case. We slept in our clothes and shoes on top of the blanket. So if you don't mind crusty have a great time.

Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Serene this past weekend. We have stayed their before and took our pups with us. Probably the only reason we decided to go back since it was the only place with vacancy on such a short notice. Well every time we go...it gets worse! Room was disgusting, hair on floor in bathroom, on pillow and comforter, floor does not look like it has seen a sweeper all summer long, glass sliding door on balcony was broken and did not lock, looks like punch marks in the wall, rust everywhere, you could see light in the door from rusting, someone so kindly left their boogers on the wall by the sofa, and the bathroom smelled worse than a men's locker room! So after we noticed all the disgusting things I asked for someone to clean our room...well that never happened. So I whipped everything up and vowed we will NEVER stay their AGAIN! NASTY PLACE!! EWWWW!!

Room Tip: Nasty Place! Yes it is Cheap But Nasty!
Charles Town, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here after our campsite was demolished by the storms. We found the staff to be friendly and polite. We had a problem with the key to our room and they fixed it right away. The room was dated, the couch had stains on it. One blanket had a hole in it. The beds were not comfortable, you sank to the middle when you laid down in it. There was a big rusty hole in the bathtub. The door had rust around it. The first number on our door was rusted away as well. The balcony was ok. The bathroom needed to be updated. However, we only paid $125.00 per night, which is cheap for OC in July. The pool was clean, small, but clean. It was a little sandy at the bottom. Also our "peep hole" on the door was shattered. There was plenty of parking and it was in a good location, very close to the beach. Husband liked it, he would stay again, wife and kids not too sure about returning. They advertise free WIFI, but it didn't work for us!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Serene Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!