“site visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Pitman, New Jersey
“site visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I went to the Carousel for a site visit for an upcoming reunion. We were treated very well and were happy with the resort and all the amenities it provides. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very pleasant. I look forward to returning when we can stay for a longer period of time and enjoy even more of the amenities that are offered there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear valued guest, thanks for considering us for your family reunion. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and accommodations. We have a ton of great amenities in the Summer for you and your family to enjoy. Thanks again for choosing The Carousel!

The Carousel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Baltimore, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have stay here in the past and just haven't been able to go back, but with a one day notice for a sunny warm weekend. I took advantage and book a overnighter at the Carousel. With such a short notice I was still able to book a Oceanfront room and still have a very inexpensive stay. I am a picky person and my room was very comfortable and clean. Even the bathroom was clean and had extra towels waiting. Even though there were 4 pillows on each bed,they had extra pillows and blankets in the closet. The only reason I needed to call the front desk for anything, was to receive the access code for the internet. The next morning we ordered breakfast from their restaurant to go. For under 10.00 we had 2 meals which filled us. I highly recommend everyone to stay here.

Room Tip: If you have young children that will be ice skating a lot. I recommend staying in a room that faces...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for the excellent review! Right now is one of the best times to visit the beach for relaxation. The weather can be very nice, you can beat the crowds, and the price is always much more inexpensive than on season.

Thanks again for the kind words! We can't wait to have you again as our guest. PS: Our biggest promotion is going on now, if you want to get discount rooms for the "on-season".

The Carousel Group Management Staff
Voorhees, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Horrible service especially from management. I reached out to them and still have heard from any of them that is authorized to give me any type of refund. I stayed in room 331. Dirty room, broken toilet, unacceptable. I'm a hotel manager as well and I am appalled!!! Never again!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear valued guest, we are sorry your stay was less than exceptional. Contrary to to your review, we did offer a partial refund. We did offer a room move as well as fixed the issue with the bathroom. We truly hope you give us a chance to amend the situation and earn your business back. As a seasonal hotel, we do rely on repeat business and we do generate many repeat customers. Certainly we can offer accommodations suitable to your needs, and prove that we do offer the level of aptitude and quality one expects when staying away from home. We apologize once more for your stay, and hope your next trip to our beautiful beach town is a pleasant one.

Harvest, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was working in Ocean City, MD and needed a hotel for 5 nights. I tried 5 hotels and non would grant my Gov Rate for the weekend, there was a Cheerleading Compatition in town. I had stayed at the Carousel last summer and called them. With in 10 minutes the sales office had a room for me with GOV rates for my entire stay. I can always count on the Carousel staff to make sure my stay in Ocean City is the best. Thanks again !!!!!! I will not stay anywhere else when I come to Ocean City.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for choosing The Carousel for your business retreat. We do cater to a multitude of groups which often times adds to the excitement of the atmosphere. We have a great time no matter what season, and we welcome our guests to do the same. We hope you continue to choose us as your Ocean City business getaway. Thanks again for being our guest!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I recommend this hotel to anyone who has children first as it is very child friendly and has the ice skating rink, pool, and game room. Our organization has stayed here for cheer competitions 4 years in a row. This is my 2nd year and I would not go anywhere else. They are very accommodating to your needs and all around a great place to stay. They are clean, friendly have everything you could possibly need. The only thing I would change is the oceans rest. There is not a lot of selection on there menu. I did not want to go out and eat so we ate there.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear valued repeat-guest, thanks for staying loyal to your favorite beachfront resort in OCMD. It's guests like you that make our jobs fun and exciting! We work hard to make sure that your stay is anything but mundane. We hope to see you this Summer for our greatest Summer yet! Thanks again for being our guest, and thanks for the great review!

Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great time for my daughter and friend who are both 11. Everyone was great! Girls had so much fun we are going back in 2 weeks again. Ice skating was a hit as well as pool. Hotel staff was friendly and rooms were very clean. In off season not much is open but at the Carousel everything is open. Can't beat the freebies and kids eat breakfast for free. Staff caters to all ages and can't say enough about how safe you feel while staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued customer, thanks for choosing to escape the snow with us down here in Ocena City Maryland. We do offer a lot of freebies and we offer even more if you book online. Check out all the great upgrades coming in 2014. Stay tuned for great deals and hot rates for The Summer of 2014! Thanks again for being our guest, we can't wait to see you again!

Budd Lake, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The room was just ok. It did however have a balcony which was nice. It's located right on the beach and on the main drag. There's parking that's included which is a plus. It's a short bus ride to Seacrets which is a really fun place. Just about everything about the hotel was average. If you get a good deal this place is worth it. It tends to be a bit overpriced.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the ocean. Better view and quieter at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest, thanks for the review! We strive to be the best resort in Ocean City, which is why we offer the most amenities out of any hotel in the area. During the Winter we offer discounted skating to our guests, indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness center, game room and bamboo lounge and restaurant. During the Summer we add a ton of free family entertainment like free ice shows, movies on the beach, tropical lawn parties, family photo night, live bands and more! We challenge you to make your next summer vacation with us and find out why we are anything but ordinary. Thanks again for your business, we look forward to having you again as our guest!

The Carousel Group Management Team

Been to Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums? Share your experiences!