We were here in August of 2011 and found the experience to be just average. We decided to try it again, as we were returning to OCMD and the hotel we chose could not offer a full week's stay. So we started our OC trip with a two night stay at the Carousel.
Just like last time, housekeeping is not very thorough. Last stay, there was a set of keys found on the floor, and this time, there was a toothbrush found right in the middle of the bathroom floor. I can't say the room appeared dirty, but if the toothbrush in the middle of the floor (you literally would step on it as soon as you entered the room, the bathrooms are very small here) could not be picked up, it makes you wonder what other corners are being cut with cleanliness.
Also the same as last time, the ice rink was partially melted. Last time they blamed the humidity. However, it rained during this trip and it was only 70 degrees outside. Still melted, but they offered up the same excuse of humidity, even though there was none. I guess it's just their standard line.
My main complaint this time is the pool attendant. The first day we were there, no issues at all. Second day, the pool attendant told us our children could not use the boogie boards they had. They were purchased at the resort, next to the pool. Several other children had them, but she singled out our children. Initially we put them away, but upon asking why our children had to stop using them but no others did, she said she decided theirs were OK because they were smaller, and our bigger ones were unacceptable to her. We asked if this was a pool rule and she just shrugged her shoulders at us. We allowed our kids to continue using the boards, and a second employee came over to tell us the same thing. We again stated others were using the boards, and a few of them were the same size as the ones we had. Again, no one else was told to stop using them. So we asked for a supervisor to come see us and go over the pool rules with us. She appeared about 10 minutes later, but did not come to speak to us. She walked into the pool area, stood at the door, stared at us, but made no move to come to us.
We were leaving for dinner anyway, so dried off and approached her. She opened the door for us and told us to have a good day. Not a word was spoken about the boards, so I have no idea why the pool attendants were harassing us so badly that day, when not a word was said the day before, and when other children were using the boards.
We liked having the little bistro there so we could get water and snacks for the kids, the pretzels and ice cream were good. We didn't try the restaurant, due to the bad food we got there the last time we stayed here.
So, I stand by my average review of this place. If we were in the area, we'd probably stay again, as the kids like it, but it's nothing special here.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Resort Hotel And Condominiums
- Carousel Resort
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City Md
- Carousel Resort Hotel
- Carousel Hotel Condominiums
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family can enjoy a tradition of fun and relaxation at one of Ocean City Maryland's most popular family resorts. Come join us on our famous Ice skating rink or relax in our spacious atrium. Kick back and enjoy our beach patio with live music, exceptional Ocean City cuisine, and sip a frozen cocktail as you lounge beach side. Drop the kids off for ice skating and relax in our indoor pool, hot tub, or sauna. No matter what your expectations are for an ideal family vacation in Ocean City Maryland, Carousel has it all. We are Ocean City Maryland's favorite family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.