“Terrible Event Planning, Rude Bar Tenders, But great crab dip!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Ocean City, Maryland, United States
“Terrible Event Planning, Rude Bar Tenders, But great crab dip!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

A great local band that plays original music was just booked to play someones surprise 30th birthday party at Pit and Pub, and while I love their food.. especially the Cuban and the Crab Dip, which is probably the BEST CRAB DIP in Ocean City, the event planning and band booking was completely disorganized and all wrong for this event. If the birthday planner could not do research on the band that they booked for their friends birthday, and realize that who they had coming to play was an Original Song Band, not your typical cover band, not ones to pander to their audience and sing played out old songs like Journeys "Dont Stop Beleivin" (dont get me wrong... we ALL love that song, but make a playlist on your IPOD and play it over the sound system if thats what you want) They shouldnt promise musicians who traveled over 300 miles only because they were promised 200 dollars by this establishment to play a show they were told nothing about, their music is out there to be sampled so they could decide that YES this is the band we want or NO that is isnt, instead they booed these great creative original musicians offstage and kicked them out, without paying them and sending them back to DC empty handed. They need to do their research and book another typical Jimmy Buffet cover band for their next preppy yuppy event. There was a football game going on and drunk bar customers were screaming at the top of their lungs at the screen, yet the bar tender blamed all the noise and not being able to hear his customers orders on the band being too loud. um WELCOME to BARTENDING BUDDY> You must have never asked a punk band to turn down the volume before, or you never would have asked in the first place ; ) Still, the food is always great, and if the kitchen staff keeps up the great work, they will keep this place alive.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
Waldorf, Maryland
“Unapologetic Manager, Sub-par Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had originally posted a 5 star review for this restaurant almost a year ago because we had great service and the food was just as good. Unfortunately, I had to delete that review and that experience has been overshadowed by this one and we will never return.

The place is never really crowded so we got sat pretty quickly and put our drink order in. The waitress was very nice. The waitress brought our drinks out, and the two alcoholic beverages we ordered were warm and they had to know it because you could tell just by touching it. When the waitress came out, I told her about the drinks and gave her a heads up that we had purchased a gift certificate that can be used just by showing it on my phone. She talked to a manager and the waitress came back and said we no longer accept those certificates. I explained to her that I paid money for this certificate and they never expire. Again, the waitress talked to the manager and the same outcome. Finally, after going back and forth, the manager came out and talked to us instead of going through the waitress. She said the same thing and that there was nothing she would do for us. She was unapologetic, was wearing clothes that you would wear to the gym and very unprofessional.

Normally, we would not stand for this type of service, but unfortunately it was late and we were hungry. We ordered food, and expected it to be at least the one good thing, but it was disappointing.

All-in-all, I lost the money I spent on the gift certificate and we expected the same service and food that we got on our first visit, but left us so disgusted that I felt the need to delete that awesome review and replace it with this one.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible bartender”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited on Sunday and the bartender was terrible. It took ten minutes to get a beer because she was too busy having a conversation with a girl at the bar even when she saw I needed a drink. Even when I finally got her attention she then felt the need to continue her conversation with another person before retrieving our drinks. Worst service in oc

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elkridge, Maryland, United States
“Ok I guess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Will do in a pinch. I had an overdone steak, the pulled pork was average and my sons kid meal was cold. Service was average

Visited August 2011
reading, pa
“Tasty Food, Great Service, Nice AYCE Deal !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We saw the ad for the $15.00 AYCE deal and decided to try it. The steamed shrimp were a nice size and the ribs meaty. We didn't add any sides (additional $) Both were delicious and cooked perfectly. Bartender Patrick did a great job holding down the bar and dining area. We really enjoyed the food and banter among the mix of locals and tourists. It was an enjoyable experience. They also have a roasted oyster and bull AYCE deal on a thursday.

• Visited January 2012