“Good Location To Stay For The Long Holiday Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Sun 'n Fun Motel
29th Street & Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #42 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington Dc
“Good Location To Stay For The Long Holiday Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

It has been over twenty years since we went to Ocean City on Labor Day weekend. The Sun N Fun offered a good rate for the three of us. The room was clean with double beds that provided good support. The room had a nice size fridge, safe and flat screen TV. The maid service was good the three nights we stayed.

The motel is about fifty yards from the beach which made it nice to walk and go back to room when we wanted or forgot to bring something.

Parking was fine, the last night we got back late from being on the boardwalk so I found a place to park on the street close-by with no trouble.

The desk clerks were friendly and provided good recommendations during our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 days, 2 nights in August 2013. We got there a few hours before check in but our room was ready so we got to put our stuff in right away. The room was a typical motel like room. It had a nice tv with Comcast xfinity so we got lots of good channels. The AC unit worked great and you could easily adjust the temperature. The mini fridge and the microwave were clean.The carpet was dirty so you had to wear shoes all the time unless you wanted black feet. There was small pieces of trash underneath the bed. The shower water constantly changed temperature while taking a shower. A few of the shower towels had some spots on them but they were not dirty. They just looked like stains that wouldn't come out. I found multiple long black hairs on the towels as well (I have blonde hair and my boyfriend has short hair). The door had a pretty large gap in it so you could hear lots of noise outside. I actually heard a cleaning lady say something about bed bugs in one of the other rooms so I'm hoping that as just a joke or something but I did bring bed bug spray to spray around the bed. The location is great, only 1 block from the beach/boardwalk and there is plenty to do on the other side of the street. Overall, I would stay here again for the price and location. The manager seemed very nice and seemed like he actually cared about you but I definitely think they need to clean the rooms a little better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We decided at the last minute to go to the beach for an overnight stay. Found the Sun 'n Fun online and the price was right. We weren't looking for any place super fancy, just a place to sleep and clean up and this place fit the bill. Check-in is at 3 but we got there at noon. Went in to the office to see if we could at least park there while we hit the beach since we would be checking in that day. David was super nice, we did a pre-registration getting everything out of the way then and he gave us a parking pass and then took my cell number and offered to call us as soon as the room was ready. He also offered us coffee and apples while we were in there and said any time we wanted some, to stop by the office. They have a small coffee bar there with a Keurig machine and a small selection of coffees an teas.

We hit the beach for a few hours and then decided to head back and see if the room was ready. It was but I can forgive not getting a call as he was swamped with people checking in at that time! We had room 28, which was the end room on the 2nd floor facing the beach. It was nice only having neighbors on one side and we actually COULD see the ocean despite being a block back from the beach. Room was clean, plenty of towels, temp was nice and cool. No complaints.

Manager Chad was also super nice at checkout. We would definitely stay here again. If you're looking for fancy luxury, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for clean, simple and a reasonable costing room, the Sun 'n Fun fits the bill. There are several places to eat within walking distance (pizza & sub place, Subway, Pizza Hut) and best of all, The Fractured Prune was just a minute's walk away on 28th St. Each room also has a decent-sized fridge and small microwave if you prefer to eat-in or keep snacks/drinks in your room. Hotel is back one block from the beach, a very reasonable short walk and as I stated earlier, we could see the ocean from our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This motel is a hidden gem in Ocean City! It has everything you need in a hotel--clean rooms, plenty of towels, mini fridge and microwave, and a flat screen TV. My group had absolutely 0 complaints, and everyone agreed that this is the place to stay in OC from here on out. The manager and staff are extremely helpful and friendly, and we never had to go far to get what we needed. I highly recommend Sun 'N Fun to any OC guest looking for a great place for a great price!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights over the 4th of July and found it to be adequate. We were looking to spend time on the beach and in the bars - this place allowed us to do both within walking distance. If you are looking for any level of luxury or if you are looking to lounge in the hotel, pick another place. If you need a place to shower and sleep in between the beach and the bars, book a room!

• Stayed July 2013
Moon Tow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Sun 'N Fun is one of the nicest little motels I have found in a long time. This has been the 4th year of staying there. The addition of the coffee bar is one of the best improvements. Our stay was 3 nights. The Manager, Chad, was most helpful and so very friendly. The housekeeping staff are so pleasant, always a good morning greeting from them. I will return again the the Sun 'N' Fun. Over the past 4 years there has been many improvements all of which would make any stay a fun one! Sun 'N'Fun a great name for this motel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay a couple of days more in Ocean City, but the hotel where we were staying did not have any other rooms. We found Sun N Fun motel online and although we had never stayed there before, decided to give it a try. The day manager/owner was so helpful, kind, and caring. It was obvious that he cared about his hotel, the guests, and his employees. The rooms were clean and quiet and no one bothered us. My husband loved the big screen tv with cable and free on demand. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sun 'n Fun Motel? Share your experiences!