“Still the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Still the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We have stayed here for the last several years and continue to be impressed. We had a larger party and were accommodated with adjoining rooms which we booked months in advance.
Parking for 1 vehicle is guaranteed per room but it is snug. We have a large SUV and we were parked between two other large SUVs. I've read other comments about tight parking and it is, but myself and the SUVs on either side were all within our own spaces and yes the doors still all opened.
The breakfast area was expanded since last year and it appears that another waffle iron added. It is still a busy area - best time to go is before 8:45-9 - it's crowded after that. You can still take your breakfast items up to your room if seating is tight. We thought that the staff did a nice job of replenishing items even during the busiest times. Even with 3 waffle makers there can be a line but everyone who wanted a waffle in our party was able to have one.
Our rooms were clean and we have no concerns about the quality of the furnishings or cleanliness. We asked for extra towels as we had 4 teenage girls in our party and the front desk staff quickly and very politely provided them.
We travel quite a bit and appreciate the quality and service of this hotel. The location is great for us - we want to be near the beach and boardwalk. Please be careful crossing the street to the beach even in the marked crosswalk. Signs are posted right before the intersection but drivers rarely seem to pay any heed to them. We actually had to "stop" traffic to help an older couple - one in a wheelchair cross at the marked crosswalk - no drivers would stop for them. So please be careful. Otherwise - love the location and recommend the hotel. We will be back again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Minnie2452,

We at the Sleep Inn and Suites are delighted to have offered you a superior stay, year after year! The team appreciates your business and will be waiting for your visits in the future!

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have stayed in OCMD a bunch of times and this was by far the best trip yet. The sleep Inn was perfect. When we walked in the lobby it smelled like fresh soap and that smell followed us up to our room. No nasty cigg smell! Everything about it. The location was amazing. The room and bathroom was clean. Air conditioning great. Balcony! Reasonable price.
We rented scooters and ended up having them over night. Only having one parking spot we were nervous to find parking. I asked the front desk and he said to just pull them in the lot in the small spaces. We were so happy. They were so accommodating.
The continental breakfast was amazing. Waffles!
When I go back to OCMD I will only stay at the sleep inn. My boyfriend and the couple we traveled with would agree with me as well. Can't beat it. Can't wait to go back. Wish we stayed longer than 3 nights!!

Stayed August 2014
Tekmen, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Lindsay M,

The Sleep Inn and Suites is thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay! The team hopes to provide the same level of hospitality for all of our beloved guests! We will be waiting for your return!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I, stayed at this hotel for three nights, it was our first time in Ocean City, is a very nice hotel, is right across the street from the Boardwalk and the beach, our room was clean the staff is friendly and helpful, it is a good option if you are not looking for luxury, don't expect the service or the look of a five star hotel, for what you are paying.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Christian M,

The Sleep Inn and Suites appreciates your feedback! We hope you return in order to enjoy our excellent accomoadations once again!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I normally don't write reviews, but after experiencing the customer service at the sleep inn, I just had too. It was my boyfriends and I's first trip together and the customer service we received really made the trip for us. I believe it was Don and Carol who checked us in and were extremely friendly and welcoming. Working in customer service myself I know how monotonous the job can be and was amazed by how genially welcoming their staff was. I also wanted to mention at one point during our trip my boyfriends phone died and we had forgotten the charger aka. no fun vacation photos for us during the weekend. When we went to the front desk to ask about where we could purchase one in the area, the staff went above and beyond to find us a charger. even offering up their own for us to use!!!!! I hope the manager at the sleep inn reads this message, if only to realize what wonderful employees they have staffed!. We will be back next year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Carrie L,

Our staff at the Sleep Inn and Suites are thrilled to hear such positive feedback and thank you for your kind words. The team will be waiting to provide you and your boyfriend with another great stay!

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a 4day/3night trip. We picked this hotel based on cost, location, & reviews. We were pretty impressed at how accurate the reviews were. I don't typically write reviews but I really liked our experience and wanted to share.

It was pretty reasonably priced compared to most places, especially during summer time.There was a large breakfast - but I agree with some reviews about the long line to make your own waffles but overall we didn't have any issues with space in the breakfast area. We thought the hotel was pretty modern and clean... The bathroom we had, had a large shower that wrapped around and no shower curtain needed (never saw that before but it was cool)... The staff was really friendly and helpful.... The location from the beach was great...

The ONLY negative we had was the parking... HORRIBLE!! The spots were so small and lots of people had trouble fitting between the lines and to back up and adjust was virtually impossible so people parked on the lines which mean the small space was now too small to fit a car. It was tight. If you have a large car/truck/SUV.... Good luck! (We have a Nissan Altima...just to give you prospective).

Overall... We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Beachbum17202,

We at the Sleep Inn and Suites appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. The team will be waiting to offer our excellent service and amenities to you again!

St. Louis Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is our first trip to Ocean City. We choose this hotel based on the reviews on here. Here are the issues- breakfast - it's so packed, there isn't anywhere to sit. If you do get something to eat- is just basic substance- it will fill your stomach. There are 3 waffles makers, but the line was 10 people deep to make a waffle- crazy! Everything is very outdated and old. The carpet has to be original to the building. The furniture in the lobby looks like its from a 70's tv show, the bedspreads and furniture In
the rooms are only a decade ahead of the lobby. This hotel needs an overhaul. The shower curtain doesn't cover the tub so water gets all over the floor, the tub doesn't drain and it smells like an old dish rag. Parking is horrible. There are people that take up 2 spots, people that don't even try to park on the mini lot and just park on the grass in front on the hotel- when I raised concerns I was told if we couldn't fit in a space to come in and and an expert from the front desk could find a way to make our SUV fit- no way! often just park Ridiculous!

Stayed August 2014
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear julesmom97,

I would first like to say we thank you for your business and especially for your input.

Let me begin by addressing breakfast. We admit it gets busy, but that is simply the result of offering such a delicious and deluxe, hot breakfast. Over the past winter we not only renovated our breakfast room but expanded it in size as well. Another waffle maker and flavored batters were also added just this month for the benefit of our guests.

I would also like to mention that our property is only 5 years. We are in fact the newest hotel in downtown Ocean City. However, I will admit that thousands of guests will take their toll on any hotel. This is the main reason we thoroughly clean and renovate the hotel at the end of every season. We also shampoo the carpets weekly in order to provide the cleanest accommodations for our guests.

Lastly I would like to discuss parking. We understand our parking is tight and it is the one facet of the hotel we simply can not improve on. However, every guest is guaranteed one parking spot per room. That is the reason we resort to parking on the lawn. It by no means standard parking but simply an overflow area. We tell all of our guests that if they have any issues with parking or otherwise to inform the front desk. It is our obligation to ease any problems that our beloved guests come across during their stay.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay. We hope you visit us again in spite of your difficulties.

Leominster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

During a recent 3-day vacation a friend and I stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites hotel located a block from the several miles long Ocean City boardwalk and spectacular beach. The staff was welcoming and accommodating although a bit confused at first with our reservation.

Our comfortable room with a balcony was on the second floor across the hall from the outside hotel pool. Our room faced the street front with the traffic noise. The noise was not however noticeable and became less so later in the evening. Although the pool was small it was clean and well maintained and had plenty of lounge chairs. There was only one umbrella by the pool and since the sun was overhead most of the day in pool area, another umbrella or two would provide some relief from the hot sun.

The hotel offers a breakfast buffet in the morning from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. The usual fare of juices, choices of coffee, tea, cereals, milk, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, white bread toast and bagels, muffins, pastries and make your own waffles is available. The price was affordable for the height of the summer season with its amenities and proximity to the beach.

The hotel lobby carpeting could use an upgrade but otherwise it was clean and well maintained. This hotel is a definite must stay when in Ocean City.

Room Tip: Upper rooms (2nd plus) in the back facing the parking lot have a view of the ocean