“The Last Nice Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Pennsylvania
“The Last Nice Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My fiance and I decided to travel to Ocean City for a spontaneous trip. Friday was to be one of the last great days to be at the beach for the year and Restaurant Week so it was a win-win. By far, one of the easiest hotels to get to right off the bridge and so close to the main parts of the boards. We were placed in a corner room on the 5th floor where you could see the ocean horizon just sitting on your bed and the bay off of the balcony. The hotel was quiet and perfect for a few days away. Even the bus stopped right outside the front door if you wanted to take a trip down the way and not drive. A lot of the hotels that our balcony overlooked seemed questionable so it was nice to have found the diamond in the rough! Friday was a perfect beach day and the hotel is only a block from the boards so it was easy to go over for a quick minute and come right back. Carol was amazing and even recommended some great places to eat and visit. We met quite a number of people; Nick Tekman, the GM, Don the front desk agent and even a few of the housekeepers. Everyone was really friendly and happy that you were there with them. They kept everything really clean and inviting. Breakfast on Saturday was a typical continental and enough to get you by until lunch time. Many of the shops and restaurants were preparing to clsoe for the season so we got some great deals! The hotel was also getting ready to close for renovations so expect more next year! I would most definitely recommend this hotel for your 2014 Ocean City vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for a 5th floor room if possible. The views are great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Anonymous0411,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review! We are delighted that your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Ocean City Md was a memorable one. It’s great to know that you found our rooms clean and spacious and that our team made a good impression on you. We will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future!

Sincerely
Nick Tekmen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Checked into this hotel after we left another hotel because it was terrible. I walked in and the lady at the front desk was more than helpful. I told her why I was looking for another room and she gave me the last room they had at a discounted price. She even allowed us to check in right away so we could get ready for the day at their place. She also said we could hit their free breakfast even thou we didn't stay the night before.
When we got up to the room the floors cleaning lady stopped by to make sure the room was clean enough for us and asked if there was anything she could do to make our stay better. She said she takes pride in her floor and it showed. Room was very large, clean, had a balcony, fridge, coffee maker, cable tv, ect...
We really enjoy this hotel and we plan on going again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear NYtravler49!
It is a great pleasure to read your review and to know that our commitment to deliver exceptional service made a positive impact on your stay. Carol is a great addition to our team and I want to assure you that we will recognize her effort for making your stay a memorable one.
I hope that on your next trip to Ocean City we will get a chance to welcome you back!
Kind Regards,
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My original reservations did not pan out. I needed another hotel to stay for the weekend. The front desk was friendly and professional. They could tell I was not having a good day but keep the conversation light. The room rate was good so I checked in. The staff greeted me on the way in and out. That made me feel good because I was a single woman running around in OC. Knowing the staff was keeping track of its guests whereabouts made me feel good.

The hotel itself is clean. Some rooms do not have a microwave but they are roomy. The closet can hold 3 large luggage bags. The deli shop in the hotel serves a free breakfast. Waffles, eggs, toast, apple on, cereal, etc. The pool is small so first come first get a spot. The parking lot is narrow so long or large SUVs will have a tough time. Located 1 block from Division street directly near the best Gyros and Funnel cakes on the boardwalk.

I will stay at the hotel next year. I would go back this weekend if I could afford it.

• Stayed September 2013
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear treki999
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on your recent stay at the Sleep Inn& Suites. It’s great to know that hotel location was suitable to your needs. I am happy to hear that our commitments to provide our guests with clean room and exceptional service created a good stay for you . Your comments in regards to the microvaves shows that this is an area that needs to be improved and I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will make sure to take a closer look into this matter.
I hope that we will get another chance to welcome you back in the future.
Edgewater, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

It had been 13 years since my wife and I had been to OC. Just decided to go and were able to get a reservation at The Sleep Inn and Suites. What a wonderful treat. Carol gave us a top floor room with a beautiful view of the ocean. The room was very clean and in excellent condition. Breakfast couldn't have been better. Had one little problem with the water but Nick the owner took care of the problem and made a personal trip to our room to assure us everythin was OK. Many thanks for a grat time and we will return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Jim P!
We are so excited that on your recent trip to Ocean City you were able to stay at our property and thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The team at the Sleep Inn & Suites work very hard to provide our guests with exceptional service I am glad that you were able to experience some of their warm smiles and willingness to assist.

We look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back to our property and provide you with another exceptional stay!

Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway and loved it! We reserved a room on the 5th floor with a private balcony. Although quite small, the view from the balcony, 509 was fantastic as we could easily see the ocean. Carol at the front desk was great, and the breakfast buffet was more than adequate. Being mere steps from the boardwalk was great. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for 509!
Dear SteveTDC!
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We greatly value each guest’s impression of our property. It’s good to know that the hotel staff was helpful and friendly - great customer service is what we strive for here at the hotel and I am happy that we were able to reach this goal during your stay.
I hope to get a chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We are staying here second year and love this place. First: customer service is great, people are very friendly, always ready to help if you need something. Location is perfect, only a step away from the beach. Rooms are always clean and full of supplies. We were staying with baby and never had an issue ! Oh and let me tell you, breakfast is amazing, there is something to eat for everybody, lots of choices!

• Stayed September 2013
Tekmen, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Maria B!
It is a pleasure to read your comments! It is great to know that our goal to deliver exceptional guest service was reached during your stay and that your second trip to Ocean City was a memorable one. I am happy that rooms, location and parking were to your like and I hope that once traveling back to Ocean City you will stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel&room was clean, recently updated (we stayed on the 5th fl.) Staff was friendly. .only drawback was the configuration of the breakfast room..kinda small for the size of hotel and # of rooms..There was a log jam of people every morning trying to get their AM goodies...

Dear danno17314!
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. It’s good to know that hotel location was convenient and room was clean with all the desired amenities I hope to see again in the future.
Nick Tekmen

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!