“Great Find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Mechanicsburg
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I just returned from spending the 4th of July weekend. The price is great. The ocean and Boardwalk are a block away. The rooms are a little small, but very clean and appear to be recently refurbished. The refrigerator and microwave were an added bonus. Another perk were the fresh baked brownies and cookies each evening. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were planning on staying for just one night, a last minute trip, the visitor center recommended this hotel. I usually like to be ocean front, but took a chance. It was a good price and just a short block off the beach. We loved it so much we stayed a second night. The rooms were older then you find in some hotels, but everything was clean and everyone so friendly. The manager Marie-Nicole recommended some restaurants that we loved. She was so helpful. This hotel doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but if you are looking for an affordable, safe, clean, and friendly place to stay, King Chales is it. Having stayed at many different hotels in Ocean City this is the first one that we said we have to come back. Hope to make it back before the end of the summer!

Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the King Charles hotel in June 2013. It was lovely! The price was perfect for our budget (half what many other hotels wanted that weekend). The room was large and had a great balcony. It is not the most beautiful and newly renovated hotel, but it was super clean. The staff was amazing and so friendly! They had fresh cookies for us one evening. They gave me a band aid when my flip-flop cut my toe. They were incredibly friendly and made us feel like we were staying at a friend's house all weekend. The hotel itself was very quiet and relaxing. The location is also amazing! 1.5 blocks from the boardwalk right near 12th street. If you want to spend most of your time down by the Jolly Roger, then it is quite a hike, but its central location was perfect for us. Plus, easily accessible parking made it so convenient! I will gladly stay in this hotel again.

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the King Charles Hotel June 13-16 and it was absolutely wonderful. I think we accidentally booked the weekend of "Senior Week 2013" so OC was swamped with loud teenagers. But not at King Charles. It was a fantastic, quiet haven away from the commotion of the boardwalk.

As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by the owner who was extremely warm and accommodating. Our room was beautiful -- we had a brand new air conditioner, a flat screen TV, mini-fridge and microwave, and the carpets looked brand new as well. The room was EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN which is something I look for when booking rooms. I don't think I've stayed in a cleaner room even in large big-name hotels. We also chose a balcony room which I definitely recommend if you stay here. It was nice to have a place to sit outside and enjoy the weather.

The hotel is a block off the boardwalk between 12th and 13th so it is in a great location with tons of food options. If you have a car, you also get a spot in the small lot behind the hotel to park. We used our car many times but we never had to worry about parking once we got back to the hotel.

With so many OC, MD hotels/motels that allow teenagers and more rowdy groups to book with them, it is nice to know I have a hotel that prefers a more quiet, family-style atmosphere. I will ABSOLUTELY book this hotel the next time I am in OC and will definitely request the same room since we were so happy with it.

Thank you to the owners and staff of King Charles -- you have a wonderful establishment!

Room Tip: Definitely book a balcony room!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the King Charles Hotel from June 12th - 16th. I had an excellent time and the hotel was wonderful. Extremely clean, well kept and the owners were extremely nice and would bend over backwards to accommodate you. I will be definitely staying here anytime I go back to ocmd. I frequent ocean city a lot and I have to say this was one of my best stays. And the value is unbeatable!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Cherry Grove Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the King Charles Inn during the Mid-Atlantic Reginal Surfing Championship. We had two rooms. Besides Pops and I, we had four teenagers with us. The owner of this little hotel went out of the way to make us feel at home. I have never experienced so much personal service. She made fresh coffee for us 15 minutes after we arrived. She left cookies outside our doors. We had a wet sandy wetsuit hanging in one of the rooms, and she took it out after cleaning up the room and rinsed it off and hung it up to dry!

I felt like I was visiting a very nice woman's house rather than a hotel. I had to give her a hug when I left

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sunnydays1209, Manager at King Charles Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Luke it was lovely having your group stay with us at the hotel. It's customers such as yourself that make this business so fun. Happy the Girls moved up in the Surfing tournament - hope they did well in the next set of finals. If you find yourself in Ocean City in the future we hope you'll stop by and see us. Have a great summer and say hi to the kids.
Marie-Noelle
Newark, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

well if you want a clean homely, friendly ,hotel this is the place to go .one block from the beach .awsome porch to go sit outside for drinks or coffee owner well she was just great .rooms were great whatever you wanted she made it happen if she could you want a great place to stay in oc this one one of them .you dont need a big fancy name you looking for somewere to go were they hold the hands out for tips go down the road your looking for a great place to stay this is it but am telling dont wait .you will lose out till next year :))

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to King Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!