“Good Food and Fast Delivery” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Bear Creek Twp
“Good Food and Fast Delivery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Tugos is a great little pizza place that has great food and they deliver right to your room. They have a good selection of pizza, wings, salads and more. Great for a night when you don't feel like going out to eat after a long day on the beach. The staff is always friendly and courteous. Prices are very reasonable and they always have some type of special going on.

Visited August 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Staple of our trips to OC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife, an eastern shore native and summer OC worker for 8 years turned me on to Pizza Tugos 4 years ago. Since that time, we have not made a trip to Ocean City with out getting some Tugos. It's great weather it's carry out or delivered at 3am. We have never had a bad experience. The pizza is always hot, delivered when promised, and tastes amazing. If only you guys would open one in Baltimore!

We'll be calling for delivery Friday night when we get into town!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
THANK YOU! For being a regular customer, and the GREAT review. We try really hard, glad it shows.
Scott Heise
New York City, New York
“Not NY pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It's okay. Not the best but not the worst either. Convenient location but they had the condiments changed to the counter...hmmmm.

Visited July 2014
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
What a GREAT REVIEW! Thank you!
Impossible to be New York pizza unless you are in New York, and true New Yorkers will NEVER concede that anyone has pizza as good as theirs (of course I disagree, but I digress).
I have found over the past thirty years that an OK from a New Yorker is as close as I will ever get, and about the highest compliment you will give. Thanks for coming in and for the GREAT REVIEW!
Darnestown, Maryland
“Tugos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

we always go to this tugs because of prior experience. this is the one located on 110th street or next to green turtle. we went in the dining room but it was filled with teens and college students. our waitress filled our order. the pizza was as good as before. we asked for water and got a jug of warm water and small cups because if you take a larger cup the thing you will take and steal drink from the machine. biggest complaint was the flies all over the place. didn't help the pizza. we also had a garden salad that was really poor. wouldn't go back to this one but would probably go back to west end.

Visited June 2014
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Glad you though the pizza was GREAT. We LOVE KIDS, and are very family friendly, hence the many kids of all ages. Not sure why you have complaints about the FREE water, we brought you a growler, and cups,so you would not have to get up, we would have been happy to replace it with a colder one, had you asked, and there was ice and cold water readily available in the machine, which you were free to get. Same goes for the salad, we would have been happy to replace it or take it off your bill. I agree with you, its a shame we have to give a different size cup for water, to prevent people from stealing.
Scott Heise
Maryland
“Decent food, terrible service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My only experience with Pizza Tugos has been delivery service (or lack thereof), but after 2 out of 2 bad experiences, I felt the need to write this review.

To be fair, both of my experiences with Tugos were during the air show (2013 & 2014), but that is no excuse for the service I've had. I should also note that I would have rated them 1/5 rather than the 2/5 I gave them if not for the fact that the food (last year, anyway) was pretty good when I finally got it. I had to cancel my order and didn't get to try it this year, unfortunately.

In 2013, we were staying at a hotel on the boardwalk. I ordered delivery. They told me to expect around 30 minutes. Even though they have multiple locations (including one in West OC), there is only one number to call for delivery orders. Despite the fact that I was right on the boardwalk, my order was filled by the West OC location. I felt sorry for the driver, who must have been sitting in traffic trying to get IN to Ocean City for most of the hour and a half I was waiting. I had to call them and they, in turn, had to call the driver, who did keep me updated after that.

Well, I decided to give them another shot this year. I called the number, told them where I was staying, and was told it would be about 30 minutes. I called back 45 minutes later to see where my order was. I had to give the girl the name of my hotel at least four times and the location just as many. She would still get it wrong when she repeated it back to me - multiple times and kept asking me if I was located in one of two or three completely incorrect places. It was ridiculous. After about an hour and fifteen minutes, I just threw something else in the microwave and called to cancel my order. I had already been told that the driver was on his way and would be to me in a few minutes (at the wrong location, no doubt) and the story didn't change. She actually tried to talk me out of canceling the order. I had to repeat myself three more times and explained that I needed the meal when it was expected, and that I had made alternate plans. About 10 minutes after that, the driver finally shows up and I had to tell him that I had already called to cancel the order, which I'm sure was ice cold by the time he had been to the other three locations she apparently had sent him.

It's not like I was stuttering or even hard to find. If you're going to have a delivery business in OC, you should probably be at least vaguely familiar with the major boardwalk hotels. If you know traffic is bad for whatever reason, you should also not be inanely repeating the copy on your ad about "30 minute delivery".

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
THANK YOU! For giving us a second chance. Sorry we let you down. Although it may seem simple the delivery business is a little more complicated, than your normal restaurant. Weather, Traffic (especially during air show week), accidents, all unpredictable and uncontrollable by us, do affect delivery times. We do the best we can, but sometimes its just not enough. Please also keep in mind, we have dedicated order takers, that their sole job is to take orders. Cell phone coverage is spotty on ocean front hotels (the Commander included), and the order taker was having a hard time understanding you, she is of course on a land line.