“Great place to stay steps from the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Beach Walk Hotel
2 North 10th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #19 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
New York City, New York
“Great place to stay steps from the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've stayed here several times and it's always been great. The owner and staff are so nice and helpful. Last time I was there I lost my bus tickets back to NYC and they let me reprint them from their personal computer (Thankfully!!). The rooms are very clean and perfectly comfortable for those who care more about location right near the beach at a great price than luxury resort type amenities. One of the best things about this hotel is the private outdoor shower that has hot water so you can wash off the sand and salt after the beach. Especially nice on your last day when you've already checked out, but you don't want to travel home covered in sand.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Very accommodating and friendly. The owner and her sister or sister in law that worked while we were there were very friendly and helpful. Our room was updated and very clean. The hotel is very close to the beach and boardwalk. A perfect location. Will definitely stay here again!

WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at the Beach Walk when deciding to extend my vacation by one day prior to my check in at my usual hotel and one day after, since my usual hotel was booked up at that point. I had the room with one bed, and it was small, but clean and perfectly adequate for what I needed at that time. The first room I got only had one towel left for me, and when I tried to call for more, I was unable to reach someone. I will note it was after 8:00 when I noticed though so they were probably off duty for the night. I liked my first room a lot better than my second, as the first was situation more toward the front of the hotel next to the porch area, and I honestly just felt more secure there. The second you had to go up the back steps and it was kind of isolated.

The only real negative I have is that when I called to book the second night, they did ask that I pay on the spot. I had just transferred the money over to my credit card (I refuse to pay for hotels on my debit card) and it wasn't available right away, and the next day when it still wasn't available I got a call, which led to me having to call my credit card company and go through that whole fiasco, which I really didn't want to deal with on vacation. Most hotels don't make you pay until you check in, and under that set-up, the funds would have been available in plenty of time, but I guess that's their policy. It did end up being a small negative for me though due to a last minute decision.

I will stay here again if I ever need a night or two extra, like the reason I ended up here for this trip. It would be perfect for someone who is constantly on the go and never in their room on vacation, but my family also sometimes enjoys lazy mornings or afternoons on an oceanfront balcony, or even just taking a nap with the ocean breeze flowing through, so because of that, Beach Walk won't be our first choice. I really think it's a matter of preference, but if you are looking for cleanliness and somewhere to sleep without a whole lot of frills, this would be perfect for you!

Room Tip: Try to get a room more towards the front of the building. Room 20 even has a peek of the ocean when...
Etters, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've been visiting Ocean City and staying at the Beach Walk for the past nine years. Every time we visit we're greeted with a friendly smile. This has to be the best value on the boardwalk. I look forward to going back each year and seeing the owners and their beautiful daughter. Thanks for helping us to have another great vacation.

Room Tip: Their connected rooms - one for your kids and one for you are great! It's like getting two room...
Thomaston, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Second time at this hotel. Last visited in 2005 but found current visitors to be ruder and mostly inner-city types. Saw two African-American men smoking what looked like crack next to hotel. One guy was looking around the corner and they ran off when a cop came by.

Boardwalk was very well patrolled by police but more would be better. Like maybe a hundred more cops?

Plastic bottles were being thrown from balconies along the Boardwalk. There were many classless people from city areas such as Phillie, New York, and NJ. They kind of spoiled it for those who wanted to feel safe.

Prices are VERY inflated and an average breakfast for a family of 4 is $50 or more. Mini golf for four will run over $60. Best bet is to go to Assateaque National Park 10 miles away for unspoiled beauty. Watch out for wild horses and surf fishing. If you like alcohol type parties than there are many of those. There seem to be far fewer "family" style restaurants than in years past.

Great food at Dumsters and Laytons. Although D Lazy Lizards says they have a "kids" area, they are still a booze bar and should be avoided after 6pm or when they have a booze special.

Parking fees are outragious at the inlet area. Could cost up to $72 for a day. Take their tram but be willing to cough up $3 one way per person. Anyway you slice it, Ocean City is expensive. We spent less at Fort Lauderdale beach than we had spent for 5 days at Ocean City. The water temp was cold for July and had quite a smell. The drinking water is very poor - make sure you buy bottled even to brush the teeth.

Beachwalk is very well managed and the owner is so pleasant. Housekeeping gals changed the towels once per day and made the beds. Clean sheets may have been used twice and the floor was NEVER vacumed or swept. The A/C was old and noisy but did cool the air when temps outside were near 90f.

Beach is OK but the town fathers could spend more on cleaning the trash. The constant electronic bill boards floating by with the attack of the bill board planes really detracted from the vacation.

Wish OC would clean up their act and get back to being a family resort area. Don't get fooled by the founding fathers that this is a "family friendly" area -

Room Tip: Go to a cheaper resort if you can find it. Room 18 is the best
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife booked a stay here for our anniversary. She jus happened to find while searching for affordable places to stay close to the beach. What a find this was! The rooms are clean & comfortable & your steps away from the beach:) You could spend three times the price for a fancy resort but your not going to be in your room much anyway.
Five minutes after leaving our room we were relaxing on the beach. The owners even let you borrow umbrellas & chairs. It just doesn't get any better. The owners & staff are very friendly and helpful. We fell in love with this place & are planning to return next year:)