“Location, Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I visiting the Beach Walk Hotel in early July 2012. The location was the best part. We loved being so close to the boardwalk, restaurants, bars, and of course, the beach !! The room was spacious enough for us; and although was your basic "bedroom, and bathroom" it was good enough for two people that didn't spend much time in the room. If we come back to the Beach Walk (for the price, you can't beat it !) we might request something a little bigger, but the overall Hotel and Room was clean, pleasant and just what we needed. Thanks to the owner for letting us borrow her beach chair, when my boyfriend's broke!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Obnixious drunken teens were everywhere not just in the hotel (although the manager seemed to have a hold on them)...suprised the police were not called.

The room had no alarm clock, phone or hair dryer. No water pressure the shower. No fabric softner was used on the towels. The bed was so uncomfortable we slept horribly and the 2 flimsy pillows didnt help either.

Also, be wary of the rickety wooden steps that must be climbed to check in and access your room!!!

I would not recommend this "hotel" for famalies. This place is only good for drunken teens.

• Stayed June 2012
, Owner at Beach Walk Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I am the owner of the Beach Walk Hotel....I would like to address the “Big Big Mistake” comment.
The Beach Walk Hotel is a 1930 building that has been brought up to modern times as much as humanly possible. The building is maintained and operated by my husband and myself and we also live here. If there is an issue with water pressure we need to know as it may be something in the shower head but we need to know what room. We do not take showers in the guest’s rooms; however my husband is a plumber so he can address the issue right away, if he knows about it. Our porches were replaced about 8 years ago and are sturdy, sound and constantly checked and maintained as needed.
The month of June is “Senior Week” the entire town is filled with teenagers who just graduated high school. During Senior Week, Hot Rod weekend, Bike weekend or any event that would attract a loud environment I inform the person on the phone before making a reservation of such. During the not so “family” events we do our best to “keep a handle on it!” We also hire security in the month of June to keep everyone safe.
We advertise all amenities that we DO have. Ice machines are loud and wake people, we have ice cube trays in each room for drinks and there is a little store one block away who sells ice to fill coolers. We have a hair dryer, ironing board, beach umbrellas and coffee and tea located in the lobby for anyone to use. Extra pillows, blankets and towels are available upon request. We have alarm clocks if needed, 99.9% of the population today has a cell phone with an alarm. Phone systems, pools, elevators etc. are costly to rent and maintain. We are trying our best to keep the hotel AFFORDABLE for everyone. As you can see by other comments we strive to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible. This hotel is steps from the beach clean, friendly and family priced.
Glen Burnie, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

When ever I want to take my grandson to the ocean I go stay with Danielle and Mike. They are good, decent people. I can call her anytime and usually get just what I ask for. This year I got two bedrooms and my grandson thought he was so cool with his own room right off of mine. They do their best to keep things quiet and family friendly. The rooms are clean equiped with ever basic need. Thanks to the Amos family for a nice clean place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Canyon Lake, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

The Beach Walk is just like a Bed and Breakfast without the breakfast. This is not a hotel - no ice machines anyplace - we asked the owner for an ice cube tray for our refrigerator - they had none and didn't seem to care. The room was small - just the bare essentials - it was clean. The location is excellent - just steps from the middle of the boardwalk. The parking was also very close. The large shared balcony was very nice.They did have coffee in the tiny lobby every morning. Overall - it was OK.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Bethesda,MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay! The Beach Walk hotel reminded me of the cozy places I stayed at as a kid on our annual Cape Cod family vacations. In other words: quiet, family oriented and relaxing.

I liked NOT having a typical large hotel feel (waiting for elevators, long hallways, generic rooms etc) Our day consisted of walking to beach and having fun! After beach time, we rinsed off in the outdoor shower which was very clean. Next to the showers there is a collection of chairs and umbrellas for use. A quick nap in the wonderfully clean room and then off to dinner. We didn't have a care in the world!

After dinner we returned to our room and to our private balcony for a nightcap and people watching. On the downstairs porch, some folks were watching the Ravens pre-season game which looked like fun too.

One surprising note: I was prepared to be awakened many times a night by passing beach revelers. It's pretty much the price to pay for being one house down from the boardwalk, right? But to my delight, I slept like a log. I believe the calm, light fan sound from the small window AC kept the bulk of the outside noise away.

Comfortable, clean, and no driving to the beach! We will return!!

Room Tip: Room #12 has a private balcony which is partial ocean view-loved it!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The Beach Walk hotel was recommended by a co-worker. We will definitely be returning and recommending to others. The service when checking in was great and all the other people staying there were very friendly as well. It appears to be very family oriented and returning people who stay there year to year. The parking lot has moved to the corner adjacent. There also remains parking on the street too. Unfortunately, we had a death in the family and had to return home shortly after arriving on our vacation. They were very compassionate and refunded our money for the time we would not be staying. Everyone was friendly, not a lot of noise, and as I first stated we will for sure be back.

Room Tip: Clean room, great service, and ammenities included.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We only went down to ocean city for one night and wanted to stay close to the boardwalk..This was very close to the boardwalk and beach..The hotel is in great condition. The only complaint is that our room had a small shower and the water pressure wasn't very good. I would stay there again. I also think that they have apartment rooms so I'm sure that would be more spacious.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Walk Hotel? Share your experiences!