Overall, a very nice hotel with a few negatives.
First, the positives:
- Room was very clean and spacious
- the indoor pool saved us on the rainy day we had...we had somewhere to take our 4 year old.
- free wifi
- microwave and refrigerator in the room.
- even though our view was not "ocean-front," we had a room on the side of the hotel and still had a great view of the beach from our balcony.
- hotel is right on the boardwalk so it's a quick and easy walk to the beach.
-it is obvious that this is one of the cleanest, most well-maintained hotels in the area.
- The pool area is dangerous for children. Although the front desk will swear that they have non-skid surface around the pool, it is only on the outskirts where the chairs are. The tile directly surrounding the pool where your children will be walking is dangerously slippery. We told my son to only walk by the pool when we saw adults skidding everywhere. However, as careful as we were, he still slipped and hit his head twice....very scary. When we told the front desk, they just smirked and replied that they have wet floor signs there and a non-skid surface...no apologies. They send someone to mop up the tiles a few times a day but the surface becomes wet again immediately afterwards. It is a huge problem and is going to ruin someone's vacation with a trip to the emergency room.
-it clearly states that there are no roll away beds at this hotel, which is ridiculous. There were no king beds available so we had two queens. My husband slept with my four year old in one and I slept in the other. But if you have a bigger family, I can imagine it would be very difficult to squeeze everyone in a bed.
-the mattress was so hard that it actually felt like I had bruises on my hips from sleeping on my side.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Ocean City Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City Oceanfront offers the most elegantly appointed guestrooms on the beach. Our hotel is located directly on the boardwalk and is the newest hotel on the oceanfront. Whether you are enjoying a weekend getaway, a family vacation or a business trip you will leave looking forward to your next visit. Enjoy breathtaking sunrises, glorious afternoons and the exciting night life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.