This was our third time staying here within the past 12 months...twice in December ('11 and '12) to attend Christmas parties, and once in September as a stopover on our way home from Vermont. My overall impression is that this is a nice hotel, but the beach location must be what drives Marriott to consider this a '7' in their rating scale for what constitutes a free night in frequent sleeper points. So, while I do not feel that it deserves the high rating for free stays, it's nice enough that I have paid to stay there three times in the past year!!!!! The location on the boardwalk is really a great perk if you are so inclined to use it.
Now for the details.....the parking is crazy tight and the 3rd floor lobby is kinda weird. I have never asked why it is located where it is, but I have never seen another hotel arranged like this. For our three stays, we have had ocean front, side street, and Baltimore Ave. street rooms. The Baltimore Avenue room was in the best shape, as it appears to me the ocean front get the most use as well as wear and tear. It came with a jet tub and was really quiet despite the street location....must be because it was December and there was little Sat night traffic. And there was a sweet little in-room bar area where you could have snacks or make drinks that included a mini-fridge and microwave The beds are comfortable and the linens are also nice. They are very strict about smoking in the rooms ($250 fee per incident) and won't even let you burn a candle, or if I remember corectly, smoke on the balconies. I'm OK with that as I can't stand staying in rooms that have been smoked in. And because it is so clean, there is no need for a scented candle (why we always bring one). It could also be about fire safety issues, which is also OK.
Never have used the pool area, so can't comment. The bar is great, and we had breakfast in the restaurant this morning and it was very good and reasonably priced for what you get. The entire hotel is very clean.
The staff is the best thing about this hotel...they are professional and pleasant, and are willing to help out with anything that they can. This goes from the front desk clerks to the bar and restuarant servers.
We will continue to come here in the off-season as opportunities present themselves, but it's pretty pricey in-season due to the location.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Courtyard By Marriott Ocean City Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City Oceanfront offers the most elegantly appointed guestrooms on the beach. Our hotel is located directly on the boardwalk and is the newest hotel on the oceanfront. Whether you are enjoying a weekend getaway, a family vacation or a business trip you will leave looking forward to your next visit. Enjoy breathtaking sunrises, glorious afternoons and the exciting night life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.