“Good Food At A Good Price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Salisbury, Maryland
“Good Food At A Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I work in Ocean City at one of the hotels in the area. I had seen very negative reviews about Yang's Palace when one of the guests inquired about its ratings, so I was very hesitant to try it. The owner of Yang's Palace came to the front desk and explained all the changes and informed us that it was under new management, so I gave them a chance and it was a good decision. The food is delicious and the service is fast, not to mention it's very decently priced for the area. And I will continue ordering food from them as well as suggesting them to the guests.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Salisbury, Maryland
“An excellent experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

The atmosphere was very nice, and the staff was very friendly. The owner of the restaurant even came out to see if everything was okay. I ate from the all you can eat buffet. The food was fresh and looked and smelled really good. My favorite had to be the crab wonton, and mei fun. I will definitely return!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Will no longer go there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

We used to go to Yang's Palace every year when we go to OC but no longer. The place is just getting too shabby and run down. The last few years we've had trouble getting our server's attention and there seemed to be a long wait between placing the order and receiving our soup. Then, the entree arrived before we'd had a chance to finish the soup.

The food is adequate but nothing special. Coupled with the spotty service and the seedy appearance, I think we'll pass in the future. The Blue Fish Japanese/Chinese restaurant is a much better choice.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York
“A Bad Experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We went on a Saturday night and were seated right away. Reasonably pleasant atmosphere if you could ignore the fact that our round table for 6 was broken and definitely badly lopsided. Our Diet Pepsi's arrived and they tasted like they were chlorinated. The Service was very slow and by the time our food finally arrived, it was really cold. Not just lukewarm but COLD! The portions were really small. The food tasted as if it could have been enjoyable, but due to the cold temperature it was difficult to tell. My son loves Sesame ckicken and always orders it and has enjoyed it at numerous restaurants. This was the first time ever he has not been able to eat it. On tasting it, some of the chicken pieces were fllavored with some type of curry spices, making it too burny for him. When complaining about the temperature of the food, the waitress apologized and explained that she had to leave the food ready and waiting in the kitchen until the whole order was ready. Whether it was a poor decision on her part or a bad planning/timing issue by the Kitchen Staff I don't know, but the reslut was bad. They seemed to be short-staffed and our Waitress seemed unable to multi-task or carry more than two things at a timehe'She also had no initiative. They did give us 15% off our Dinner, but we would have preferred a decent meal on our last night of Vacation.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
East Coast
“Excellent Chinese Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

The food was marvelous - especially the Sechuan Green Beans cooked with a very tasty sauce! Yummy! My daughter loved the Chicken Wings and the Egg Drop Soup (especially the fact that it contained NO mushrooms). Great atmosphere, cloth tablecloths and napkins in a spacious, well-decorated and relaxing room. Modestly priced. Yang's Palace is on the agenda for my next trip to OC. Delish!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere