“Good oceanfront hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good oceanfront hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My mom and I stayed for 2 nights mid-May. The water was still freezing cold, but it was nice getting to the beach nonetheless. We got there late (around midnight) and the hotel was sold out. I think this was due to Crusin Week.

There was some construction still going on but they did end up giving us the complimentary breakfast in the mornings, which was nice. I don't think there was any fruit or a waffle maker, but it was enough to make do.

When walking to our room on the 3rd floor, we noticed construction on the roof of the restaurant and several stores and mini golf i think nearby. The hallway wasn't anything exciting and made me wonder if it'd be as nice as the pictures I saw ahead of time. I did see newspapers left at each room's door. You walk in and immediately enter the kitchen/bathroom section. The kitchen has some cabinets filled with plates, cups, utensils. A small sink, can opener, decent sized fridge, and even a small dishwasher, stove, and microwave. Across from that, they had a high table with 2 stools with coffee maker.

We had a 2 bed hotel room. Wasn't as close to the ocean and high up as we would've liked, but could still see the ocean and hear it a bit. I did notice some noise outside late at night (people drunk yelling for no reason I assume) but oh well. I couldn't tell if it was from people on their hotel balcony or neighboring building not part of the hotel. The room had a sofa bed in addition to the 2 beds, a tv, dresser, and closet. The balcony was nice to have as well.

In the hotel itself, there was a game room (along with vending machines in there), a pool with 2 hot tubs, a business center, and a gym with a tanning bed. Most of these needed a key card to enter.

Overall a decent stay and would recommend, especially if can get a higher room or 1 of the few in the L shaped hotel that are closer to the beach (and not a view of the outdoor pool/bar and tennis court)

Please see my attached pictures to help visualize the hotel. :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Hellertown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've never stayed in one of the rooms at this hotel. However, a group of relatives and myself go to the beach every memorial day and eat lunch at their pool bar, along with getting drinks etc.

The atmosphere, is more for younger individuals. However, there are people who are their with their families (such as myself)as well. I took my children, and they loved that they had transformers Popsicles and "virgin daquires."

I highly recommend this place as a fun spot to grab some lunch and drinks.

Vienna, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Some of the amenities of this hotel are quite nice, like the gym or the outdoor pool and bar, while others (or rather the lack of others) are a bit disappointing. Overall, the hotel is in need of some serious updating. The old carpet, wallpaper and low ceilings all give this place a cramped and dirty feel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Facsy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I arrived at the hotel at 1:00am and the front staff who greeted me was fantastic. I'm sorry I can't recall her name, but she was attentive and very helpful.

The front lobby was a little cluttered as they are remodeling, but nothing that would detract from the stay.

The room was clean, neat and tidy. It's an older hotel so I was expecting to find smudges and it to be a little rough around the edges. It didn't detract from my stay at all. The room was quiet even with a larger group a couple of doors down.

The only knock on the facility, the breakfast could be a tad better, but I understand they're remolding for a new restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Walking in to the hotel I got a little turned around due to the construction going on (new restaurant). Once I found the desk, the staff were excellent. The room was clean but did smell as though it had been smoked in in the past and a scent was used to mask it perhaps? That was the only delta. Everything else about my stay was excellent. The reservation was cheaper thru Holiday Inn than on the other web sites. Caviet emptor! I would recommend this hotel to a friend and I will likely be back.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room, I didn't, which I had.
Green Features: This hotel asks guests to reuse towels and linens so they do not have to be changed daily, they also recycle, which is rare for Ocean City (unless they've started recycling again) Yea Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were really happy with the helpful and friendly staff, location and really nice clean rooms. The indoor pool, hot tub and gym was super clean and the perfect size. The kitchen was equipped with everything needed except a pitcher and cutting board. Our only complaint was the internet was the ABSOLUTE WORSE CONNECTION we have EVER EXPERIENCED. The restaurant was closed for construction so the hotel offered a nice complimentary breakfast which was nice.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay in OC, you have found the place, book it now. I have found the hotel that I will continue staying at from now on. The entire staff, not just one or two, extremely professional, very kind and they will go out of their way to help you and make your Ocean City experience an unforgettable vacation! When you drive into the hotel you can see just by the outside cleanliness how nice the inside is going to be, and it is! The lobby is very nice and clean. You are welcomed with fresh fruit and greeted with smiles from the front desk associates & a warm but excited how can we help you,(no matter how busy they are) . The rooms are CLEAN & the beds are comfortable. If you have a room with a view then you are hooked for life and you will not want to check out! My experience was amazing and I will add it doesn't get better than this. The pool is incredible and so relaxing. You can swim right up and get a drink or walk right out to the beach! It is so close to shops and restaurants you don't even have to drive. What is so special about this place, you can come with your family and have an enjoyable family vacation or run away for the weekend with your husband and have a romantic getaway, or just run with your girlfriends, the hotel is made for couples, families or a girlfriends weekend. They have an incredible general manger, Mr. Lloyd who is so passionate about his hotel you will see why this place stands above all the others in Ocean City, Md. Try it once and YOU WILL BE BACK! I LOVED IT and every room has a beautiful view!

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor. I did not have a problem with it. We went at the end of summer in S...
Green Features: I did see reminders on Green practices and I believe an award but to be honest with you I did not pay to must attention to it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Ocean City? Share your experiences!