“Staff Very Tolerant of a Bunch of Teenagers” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Staff Very Tolerant of a Bunch of Teenagers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I spent a weekend with a church youth group here. The front desk staff never lost their cool with our large, though well-behaved (I Think!) group. The rooms are spacious. Ours had an ocean view. The kitchen has a full size fridge! I also liked the "firm" and "soft" labels on the pillows. A good experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and we loved it. The view from our balcony was breathe taking. I would wake up around 5:00am and watch the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean and I was taken away by the beauty of it all. The hotel allows smoking. The room was clean and spacious, the bathroom was nice also and modern. The restaurant had excellent food and so beautiful, we ate there twice for dinner, try the French onion soup!! The hotel has an indoor pool and great location to everything you want to do. We love to fish so we could fish in the bay or the ocean, WHAT A TREAT!! there is also a carnival on the board walk which was not open yet because we went in November 2013 and that was off season. I prefer off season because I don't want to be crowded by all those spring breakers. I loved it so much that I am going to take my twin girls and nieces there for there spring break this year 2014.

Room Tip: the higher the room the better the view of the ocean
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed her for a couple of nights with my family. Maybe it was a great place 20 years ago. Now it is just really worn down.
This is the worst Holiday Inn I ever stayed in. The place needs thorough renovation really bad.
Hot tub was closed. Tanning bed broken since weeks. Fitness room with broken machines. Rooms not very clean. Found dirty dishes in the closet and puke on the cupboard. The charming scent of unwashed bodies, old garlic and mold will welcome and accompany you in many locations. Great location and view on the ocean, though. Front desk helpful and polite.

• Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Usain J,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Came with my family of four and LOVED my stay! Here's why:

Suki at check-in was super friendly and accommodating, giving me a late check out on Xmas Day, even though the hotel was tight on staff that day.

The restaurant was very accommodating as well. Instead of the normal breakfast spread, the hotel served a free continental breakfast to all guests (even to our friends who came to visit us who weren't even staying on property). The waitresses from Romania were friendly too.

The rooms are all suites. Though a little dated / old, the rooms are very spacious and have resort-like amenities (full size fridge, stove, and pull out couch). Of our three phones in the room, only one worked... so I don't know what was up with that. Other than the phone situation - the room was great.

Finally, the hotel had two indoor pools (adult and kiddie), and two hot tubs. Honestly, for the rate we paid - it was a steal.

Next year - we'll be back!

Stayed December 2013
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Great location, older hotel but well kept up. This is an annual trip for us always in the off season and though we have tried many other hotels but none compare for us. The views from direct oceanfront are unmatched and eastern oceanfront are nearly as spectacular. Every room has a kitchen and a living area with a couch, many have fireplaces. The common areas are very nice with a great indoor pool, two jacuzzis and a full exercise room. Both eating establishments do a good job. There is always fresh fruit and hot coffee in the lobby.

The staff is stable, they are the same wonderful folks year after year and always do that little extra which makes us know that they enjoy having us as much as we like staying with them.

Can't wait for my next trip

Room Tip: Oceanfront as high up as you can get. We prefer the eastern oceanfront because we like the fireplac...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
washington, dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here for a night last week. The town felt deserted since it is December as did this hotel. Reserved a room with a garden view, but there was no garden or anything close to it in sight. The balcony oddly was shared with the room next door. The view was of the parking lot and some other lodging facilities. There was an obstructed view of the ocean.

The room itself was adequate with a kitchenette and flat screen TV. The amenities were ok too with a little gym and pool + hot tubs. The service from the front desk staff also was adequate. One complaint is how I had to go down to the desk multiple times due to the room key not working. The young lady asked if I have anything in my pocket scratching the magnetic strip. After the first time I intentionally put nothing in my pocket other than the key. I have stayed at probably close to 100 hotels and this happened to me maybe 3x, and never so many times during the same stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear niteflite,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am sincerely sorry about the problems you encountered with the room key you were given. Despite this, it is nice to know that the room you were given was sufficient enough for your needs. We take all feedback seriously and your comments will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area, you will give our hotel another try.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fallston, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here this past Thanksgiving and as I was checking in I told Marylou that even though we were told that the customer appreciation rate was not availble for our stay that we decided to come anyway because we love staying there. She immediately said that that was incorrect and that we qualified for the special rate because of our previous stay in Sept. and adjusted the rate. She also made sure that eventough we did not get the room that we requested we had one that was completely comporable. Whe we got to our room we discovered that the heat was not working and that one of the lights were missing a light bulb. We also like to have a bath mat for the tub because it can be slippery. On our way out to dinner we went to the front desk and told Tiara about the heat and light bulb and mat and she was very accomodating and said that she would have things taken care of by the time we came back from dinner. We we got back the heat was working and everything else was taken care of. We have been coming here for years and always enjoyed our stay but it's the great customer service that we receive from employees like Marylou and Tiara that keep us coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Ocean City? Share your experiences!