My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway to Ocean City. Oddly enough, he'd never been there in the years that we been together...and me - not back since I was a kid. Let's say the excursion whether god or bad would've been interesting. I was a little leery, when he finally had to tell me where we were staying (he got a little turned around). I guess for me "Holiday Inn" doesn't resonate a vacation stay/sleep here - maybe it's "Inn." At any rate, I screamed a little inside, but oh well. However, surprised from the start - the check in experience was easy and they were welcoming. The lobby desk was arrayed with a gigantic basket of bananas and oranges. They informed us about their in house fine dining restaurant and gave us a coupon to use, during our stay. We were also told about the other bar/grill on site and open & close times. It was nice & they mentioned that my husband didn't need to do anything else, because he booked through Expedia.
We had a King, Garden view room and it was cute. Nice kitchen area equipped w/apartment sized fridge, stove, cookware, etc. I believe our room could technically sleep four - the sofa may have been a pull out. There was a patio, which was nice, because from my room I could see the Tennis courts and the outdoor pool. Not that these activities were in use yet, end of April was a little chilly for me. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean - trust me. I'm kinda phobic about bed bugs and whenever I travel, I pull back the sheets and check the edges of the mattress for traces. Yuck, but - if something looks fishy, I'm outta there! (LOL). We scoped out the place went to the fitness center, the indoor pool and jacuzzi (there's a small game room too). There was a wedding there, as well - so we ventured to check out the OC. :-)
Make sure if you come to Ocean City, MD you also go to some of the other spots for the traditions of eats in the area...(I'll just add a review). ;-o
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Hotel
- Ocean City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Oceanfront Resort Hotel and Conference Center is located directly on the beach and ocean. Our hotel offers a great location in midtown Ocean City, MD, with the sandy beaches as our backyard. Spend a sunny afternoon relaxing on our oceanside hammocks or take a dip in our outdoor pool with swim up pool bar where you can enjoy a refreshing cocktail. We also offer activities such as tennis, a game room, shuffle board, tanning bed, and supervised children s activities in-season. Kids 19 & under stay free, while children 12 and under eat free. Ocean City Golf Packages are our specialty with over 20 golf courses just a short drive from the hotel. Family fun, including Jolly Roger s amusement park, jet ski rentals, parasailing, Northside Park, and putt putt golf are conveniently located nearby. Assateague National Park with wild ponies is located just 20 minutes away. The hotel is located just one mile from Seacrets Bar and Grill, 3 miles from the Ocean City boardwalk, and walking distance from famous Fager s Island Restaurant. Enjoy a fine dining experience at our award winning Reflections Restaurant featuring table side cooking and gourmet American cuisine. For a more causal option, join us at the Sterling Grille and Raw Bar for the best of what the area has to offer. In season visit our famous Original Pool Bar and Grill for tropical libations and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.