“They made my wife & I feel very appreciate!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“They made my wife & I feel very appreciate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

It was a special get away, thanks to the love giving from the staff. Roomservice was great, meals were great & inexpensive . The wife & I will be going back. It's our new home away from home. The jacuzzi and pool were clean & so relaxing . I love the kitchen in the room & after enjoying our delicious crabs . I called the front desk to see if they would come dispose of the crab shells b/c I didn't want the shells to remain in the trash in room. They were more than happy to oblige

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time at ocean city. The location of this hotel was perfect. On a nice quiet stretch of beach but within a short drive to boardwalk. We had an eastern ocean view room w balcony on top floor. The view was fabulous. There was a fireplace in corner which we did use. (Just a flip of switch to turn it on ). The king bed was super comfy. There was also a little kitchen in rm which we did not use. The hotel restaurant served yummy holiday inn breakfast. (Cinnamon French toast... My fave!) the indoor pool was warm & only a couple kids in there. Would definitely recommend this hotel. All the staff very nice.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was my first time staying here and they did well to accomodate me checking in early. Once in..the set up was perfect for a single person...but I definitely couldn't fit my family of four in there. While they did have upgraded amenities (i. e. Sink, stove, fridge, etc), I was dissapointed with their fitness center. I was allmotivated to burn some calories in the spot all by myself...only to see one treadmill with an out of order sign. The only other treadmill would turn on but the belt wasn't moving. The there's the elliptical.....when I attempted to start that one up..the screen said it needed maintenance.
I tried roomservice from the reflections resturant, the crabcake was soso..I ate it cuz I was hungry. All in all..this was a good stay...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear DKNLVY,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you have experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying there every weekend for the past month and I couldn't ask for more. The staff, especially the front desk manager(I think her name is Marylou) is exceptional. The level of service is so good that could make me smile even it's so cloudy day at the beach.

Magnolia, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is our second stay and we will most surely return. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and have a full mini kitchen. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary . We booked last minute after checking the weather and everything was just perfect.

Room Tip: Join the Priority club and you'll get the VIP treatment.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family of four stayed here Memorial Day week and had a wonderful trip. As for the hotel lets look at the positives. The price per room was still at the lower spring rates. The rooms are spacious and well stocked with pots and pans and stuff like that so we had everything we needed to make a quick lunch.
You can't bet the location of the hotel. There is a market just two blocks away that we must have visited twice a day it seamed like. We hadn't planned on eating in the room allot but with the market being so close it seemed like a waist to buy lunch everyday. There is also a couple of restaurants and take out places close also if you don't want to cook since you are on vacation.
There is also an indoor mini-golf place just across the street. That came in handy for our rainy day activity.
The pool was nice and it was neat to be able to swim up and order a cocktail if so desired.
There wa another nice touch that I liked, they had a clown in the lobby to entertainer the kids, each time we walked by the kids had to stop and get a balloon animal.
i didn't have much interaction with the staff but from I saw the front desk seamed to be friendly and helpful to other guest.
The swim up bar was nice and I was glad they had a smaller kids pool right beside it.

Okay now for the cons. The crowd in the pool can get a little rowdy after sitting at the bar to long. There was actually throw up floating around the sides the one day and no one was out there to clean it up. It was right before the pool was closing, but I can not believe the bar would be serving someone that is that intoxicated. I know I am getting older and other people's rudeness is starting to bother me since I now have kids so I had a hard time relaxing in those types of surrounding, but I think a younger crowd would love this place. I would not recommend this place for families.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Shawn B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Checkin: smooth friendly service. Lobby is small but nicely decorated.

Room : room is plenty large enough and comfortable. Showing some wear and tear but nothing I couldn't ignore. Next off season may be time for some renovations.

Food : had dinner in the Grill. Food was good and reasonably priced. Service could certainly use review. Glasses were slammed on the table, all interactions were gruff. When I asked about a priority club promote regarding eating in indite restaurants no one knew what to do. Had to have the issue resolved at check out.

Location : loved the location. And it was very obvious the pool /outdoor venues are the gem of this property in high season. We would love to return at the end of the summer to enjoy the outdoor areas.

Overall we would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Ocean City? Share your experiences!