“nice place but definitely missed the mark on a few things” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #33 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“nice place but definitely missed the mark on a few things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was my first time staying here and they did well to accomodate me checking in early. Once in..the set up was perfect for a single person...but I definitely couldn't fit my family of four in there. While they did have upgraded amenities (i. e. Sink, stove, fridge, etc), I was dissapointed with their fitness center. I was allmotivated to burn some calories in the spot all by myself...only to see one treadmill with an out of order sign. The only other treadmill would turn on but the belt wasn't moving. The there's the elliptical.....when I attempted to start that one up..the screen said it needed maintenance.
I tried roomservice from the reflections resturant, the crabcake was soso..I ate it cuz I was hungry. All in all..this was a good stay...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear DKNLVY,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you have experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been staying there every weekend for the past month and I couldn't ask for more. The staff, especially the front desk manager(I think her name is Marylou) is exceptional. The level of service is so good that could make me smile even it's so cloudy day at the beach.

• Stayed April 2013
Magnolia, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is our second stay and we will most surely return. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and have a full mini kitchen. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary . We booked last minute after checking the weather and everything was just perfect.

Room Tip: Join the Priority club and you'll get the VIP treatment.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family of four stayed here Memorial Day week and had a wonderful trip. As for the hotel lets look at the positives. The price per room was still at the lower spring rates. The rooms are spacious and well stocked with pots and pans and stuff like that so we had everything we needed to make a quick lunch.
You can't bet the location of the hotel. There is a market just two blocks away that we must have visited twice a day it seamed like. We hadn't planned on eating in the room allot but with the market being so close it seemed like a waist to buy lunch everyday. There is also a couple of restaurants and take out places close also if you don't want to cook since you are on vacation.
There is also an indoor mini-golf place just across the street. That came in handy for our rainy day activity.
The pool was nice and it was neat to be able to swim up and order a cocktail if so desired.
There wa another nice touch that I liked, they had a clown in the lobby to entertainer the kids, each time we walked by the kids had to stop and get a balloon animal.
i didn't have much interaction with the staff but from I saw the front desk seamed to be friendly and helpful to other guest.
The swim up bar was nice and I was glad they had a smaller kids pool right beside it.

Okay now for the cons. The crowd in the pool can get a little rowdy after sitting at the bar to long. There was actually throw up floating around the sides the one day and no one was out there to clean it up. It was right before the pool was closing, but I can not believe the bar would be serving someone that is that intoxicated. I know I am getting older and other people's rudeness is starting to bother me since I now have kids so I had a hard time relaxing in those types of surrounding, but I think a younger crowd would love this place. I would not recommend this place for families.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Shawn B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Checkin: smooth friendly service. Lobby is small but nicely decorated.

Room : room is plenty large enough and comfortable. Showing some wear and tear but nothing I couldn't ignore. Next off season may be time for some renovations.

Food : had dinner in the Grill. Food was good and reasonably priced. Service could certainly use review. Glasses were slammed on the table, all interactions were gruff. When I asked about a priority club promote regarding eating in indite restaurants no one knew what to do. Had to have the issue resolved at check out.

Location : loved the location. And it was very obvious the pool /outdoor venues are the gem of this property in high season. We would love to return at the end of the summer to enjoy the outdoor areas.

Overall we would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
North Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Kind of middle-of-the road for Hotels in Ocean City. We got a room for Easter Weekend last minute for a great rate. The location is perfect. It's right on the beach and about halfway up Ocean City - far away enough from the Boardwalk, but close enough to get to the boardwalk and visit quickly. Miniature golf across the street, and restaurants and shops withing blocks. The indoor pool is small, but well-maintained with two hot tubs and a small baby pool. Outdoor pool was closed. It seems all rooms have kitchenettes, which would be great in the summer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights here as part of a Spring Break getaway. We were in room 801. It smelled pretty musty when we walked in, most likely because it was a smoking room. The bathroom was small and a bit dirty; the ceiling was kind of gross and the light needed to be fixed. The pillows were small and uncomfortable, but the bed was ok. We had an oceanfront room and that was the best part.
Our room was a hike from the nearest elevator and was noisy between the wind and the other guests. Our rooms was made up quickly, so i can't complain about the housekeeping.
Breakfast buffet was a complete rip-off and even though we got a 20% coupon for dinner, we ate elsewhere. The pool area was disappointing and clammy. Parking was ok, didn't have a problem. I will probably not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Snipsandsnails,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am sorry that you encountered some issues with your room and on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.