“Awesome stay! ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Awesome stay! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

my cousin and I had a quick girls weekend in sept at the Dunes Manor. The lobby was very nice with a piano and tea at check in time. The room was very spacious and had a beautiful ocean front view. Very clean!! We forgot our bottom opener and the nice lady at the bar was more then happy to help us. We would definitely stay again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Shirley D, Director of Sales at Dunes Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Sounds like you and your cousin had a great time! Thanks for taking time to write about your stay with us. Glad to hear you enjoyed our piano sing-a-longs and afternoon tea. We will be right here if you and your cousin decide to do it again next year!

619 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Bourne, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Since our last visit to The Dunes Manor all guest rooms have been renovated and have kind of a "beachy" feel. Was very nice and of course the fact that all rooms open out to their own balconies overlooking the Atlantic doesn't hurt.

Room Tip: All rooms are good...no bad views demo any room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We are certainly glad that you got to come back and enjoy the renovations. Thanks for taking the time to write about them and thanks for your loyalty to The Dunes Manor Hotel. We'll be watching for you to return, hopefully in the near future!
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Have not been here for years. The room had been recently renovated and was a corner room as I requested. The room was nice. The side window was much too small to present any real view of the beach or boardwalk.
The only real issue for me was a big one. I need to access to the internet in my room since I am connected 24/7 to business. I was told they have access free. When I got there I could not connect and the Hotel blamed everything on Comcast.
I will probably not go back. They could not deliver on a key component of my stay.

Room Tip: Choose any room The corner rooms don't offer much in view. Since all rooms face the ocean there...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here with family for a week. We spent a lot of time on the boardwalk so we didn't take advantage of nearly all the amenities, but still enjoyed the hotel greatly. The hotel is right on the beach, and every room is oceanfront. The balcony is a great place to sit and enjoy the ocean. Even while inside the room, you can open the windows and latch the door to the balcony open, and still enjoy the sea air, the breeze, and the sound of the waves. Lots of attractions and restaurants are within walking distance, and the tram that goes up and down the length of the boardwalk is only a block away. If you are there before Memorial Day or after Labor Day, the tram doesn't run unless there is a special event going on, but when there aren't enough visitors for the tram to run, parking is pretty easily found down at the inlet. The room itself was great. Comfortable beds, good water pressure in the shower, and fridge and microwave included. Wifi was terribly slow in the room, but we didn't use it much. Others have mentioned unfriendly staff, but we didn't find this to be the case. Staff was polite and helpful, and we had a good experience in the Victorian Room restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ROCHESTER HILLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Dunes Manor is a great hotel. Each room had a view of the ocean, which was enjoyed not only by me, but the kids as well. Staff was friendly, helpful and respectful. The hotel was located at the end of the Amusement Park, which worked well for us. We spent most of our time in the ocean, swimming and body surfing. The "tea time" in the afternoon was enjoyable, free cookies for the kids and wonderful ice tea. The overall experience was excellent, we plan to go back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 days. PROS-The oceanfront room was GREAT. The room was clean and I found the bed to be very comfortable. I especially LOVED being able to open both windows, (with screens), that faced the balcony which brought the outside in. That was really a plus for me. The hotel was very convenient as the boardwalk tram stop was less than a full block away. Also, the location is good for fast food, stores, etc., right outside on the main strip. The hotel pool with jaquzzi was nice, and the complimentary popcorn during happy hour. The outdoor porch was nice, however, the "rocking chairs" really don't rock.

CONS-The only down side was the lack of friendliness of the staff. Also, the front desk staff and bell staff barely understood and spoke English. Immediately upon checking in, I found the staff to be very DRY and uninviting. A smile goes a LONG way. I like to feel that my business is welcomed, not that I'm interupting someone. I found this attitude to be among MOST of the staff, especially the bell staff and front desk personnel. However, a waitress in the restaurant, Carole, was very pleasant and the bartender was nice. In addition, we found an HBO guide in our room, but couldn't seem to find the channel. When I called downstairs I was told that the channel was not available. The next day started a new month and a NEW HBO guide was placed in our room. Again, when I called, I was told HBO was not available. Upon checking out I was told that the channel WAS available. I find it disturbing that front desk staff could be so uninformed, barely speak and understand English, and not pleasant. These staffmembers are on the front line! Finally, when my husband and I checked out, (late), we paid our balance with cash and a credit card. No one thought to mention that our balance had already been charged on the credit card on file. I only found out a day later. The charge was cancelled in about 2 days. Not good.

Overall, would I stay again? ....Yes. I think that the hotel itself, room, and locatio, definitely warrants a 2nd stay. However, If I find that certain things still exist I will move on and spend my money elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you book online be make sure you inquire whether you have a room or suite. It's not clear on...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Dunes Manor is a very nice hotel located in a good location. The rooms have been updated which is great and all have a nice ocean view. Housekeeping was excellent with all our request( extra towels, pills etc.) when needed. The hotel is in walking distance to Jolly Rogers Amusement Park and a short ride down to the boardwalk. The hotel also has a 3.00pm Tea Time which is really nice to enjoy. I have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dunes Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!