“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Manasquan, New Jersey
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice, very clean, recently renovated hotel with beautiful ocean view rooms. We stayed in April (off season) good value. They offered free coffee in the morning and afternoon tea. The small bar had happy hour 4 -7 with drink and food specials. The dining room also offered sunset meals at a very reasonable price 4-6. My daughter loved the heated swimming pool that was indoor and outdoor. The staff was very accomodating and allowed an extra hour for check out! We had a large group and they allowed us to use the lobby even after check out! The veranda with rocking chairs was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vicki M, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your review! Your kind comments are much appreciated! Glad that you like the "new" room decor.

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

After years of hearing people (older people) rave about wintertime visits to this place, we booked a Sunday night on a Presidents Day weekend to check out hurricane Sandy damage (it's all fixed or will soon be, boding well for the summer season). The room at Dunes Manor had just been renovated and there was an overpowering odor of potentially toxic carpet fumes. The desk clerk shrugged and said he could send up housekeeping - did not offer to move us to a room with less stinky carpeting. The last thing I wanted was more smelly stuff sprayed on top of the carpet fumes. It was too cold outside to air out the room with fresh ocean air, and in any case the windows were sealed shut!!?? (although the balcony door did open). - I don't know what the room looked like before, but inclusive of the cheap non-environmentally-friendly carpeting, they didn't exactly knock themselves out with the renovations. The decor screams Sunrise Assisted Living rather than Luxury Oceanfront Hotel. And the heater blasted out extremely hot air all night long, even set at 58 degrees! --The highly touted dining room also reminded me of a stuffy retirement home, but with outrageously inflated meal prices. We couldn't take advantage of a special in their miniscule bar -- or even snag a drink -- because every seat was taken and there wasn't even room to stand. No matter: we found a wonderful half-price special on fish or 16-ounce prime rib (Sundays in winter only!) at Fagers Island restaurant, sitting right by the water no less, and hit Bayside Skillet for breakfast: delicious omelets and crepes along with (another winter-only special) fresh squeezed tangerine juice! Going to Ocean City in any season is supposed to be relaxing, and usually is, but not when your nasal passages are burning from carpet fumes, and your skin is shriveling from the overly enthusiastic en-suite blast furnace.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I do wish that you had allowed houskeeping to elimate the new carpet smell from your room. We could have used a Zontec machine, electronic air purification system, without the use of any chemicals. Our oceanfront windows are not sealed, but they do having an operating window lock for security. If you were having any problems with your heating unit, we could have replaced it immediately. Please do not hesitate to contact myself, or any other hotel general manager, if you are having any problems during your stay. I would had welcomed the opportunity to have made your stay as enjoyable as possible. Thank you for your review.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Dunes is our go to Hotel when in Ocean City since its oceanfront and only a block from the end of the boardwalk, we can park and not move the car. Two hotels down is the Dunes Motel which is a little cheaper, but also nice.
My family loves the rooms - the only complaint is that the beds are small. We need queen size to be comfortable!
The Hotel is pricey, but comfortable and welcoming. I love that there is tea and crumpets served in the afternoon everyday. They have piano players to come in - which is neat to walk into and hear people singing along.
We tried the restaurant too and it was good.
I love the deck with rocking chairs - of course sometimes you have to fight for chairs! We would love to stay for a week, but to get the rooms with kitchens is really expensive for us and they seem to be booked all the time!

Room Tip: The motel is not as nice, the beds are smaller, but have kitchens in all the units. The motel is pri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I understand the Dunes Manor Hotel has rennovated its guest rooms. I can't wait to see the rennovations. This hotel is in such a wonderful location in Ocean City, MD and has nice restaurants in the hotel. The rennovations are great news. Seriously, I can't wait to go there again to see for myself!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband & I celebrated our birthday with some friends this past weekend. We found the rooms to be updated & comfortable. We stayed in a room with a king bed. Very comfortable! I found the rooms to be well insulated & hardly heard any hallway sounds in the mornings. Great views from the balcony overlooking the beach. The afternoon they offered tea & cookies. Restaurant & bar on the premises. Loved the deck with rockers facing the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My GF and I stayed here for a weekend and had a great time. The view was beautiful and the restaurant has good food and reasonable prices. And don't forget the free tea served everyday from 3-4 very cute.
My only complaint was I forgot some toiletries and they refused to run them up to my room. Not a biggy but still poor service.
I like that they have special winter packages.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Delightful ambience, great staff, delightfully entertaining piano player (Dorothy I believe) nice bar. Our room was like new due to the recent complete reservation. A great facility with an even better staff. Yes we will be back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dunes Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!