“Great Place - just wish it was cheaper!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Place - just wish it was cheaper!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Dunes is our go to Hotel when in Ocean City since its oceanfront and only a block from the end of the boardwalk, we can park and not move the car. Two hotels down is the Dunes Motel which is a little cheaper, but also nice.
My family loves the rooms - the only complaint is that the beds are small. We need queen size to be comfortable!
The Hotel is pricey, but comfortable and welcoming. I love that there is tea and crumpets served in the afternoon everyday. They have piano players to come in - which is neat to walk into and hear people singing along.
We tried the restaurant too and it was good.
I love the deck with rocking chairs - of course sometimes you have to fight for chairs! We would love to stay for a week, but to get the rooms with kitchens is really expensive for us and they seem to be booked all the time!

Room Tip: The motel is not as nice, the beds are smaller, but have kitchens in all the units. The motel is pri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Hamilton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I understand the Dunes Manor Hotel has rennovated its guest rooms. I can't wait to see the rennovations. This hotel is in such a wonderful location in Ocean City, MD and has nice restaurants in the hotel. The rennovations are great news. Seriously, I can't wait to go there again to see for myself!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband & I celebrated our birthday with some friends this past weekend. We found the rooms to be updated & comfortable. We stayed in a room with a king bed. Very comfortable! I found the rooms to be well insulated & hardly heard any hallway sounds in the mornings. Great views from the balcony overlooking the beach. The afternoon they offered tea & cookies. Restaurant & bar on the premises. Loved the deck with rockers facing the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My GF and I stayed here for a weekend and had a great time. The view was beautiful and the restaurant has good food and reasonable prices. And don't forget the free tea served everyday from 3-4 very cute.
My only complaint was I forgot some toiletries and they refused to run them up to my room. Not a biggy but still poor service.
I like that they have special winter packages.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Delightful ambience, great staff, delightfully entertaining piano player (Dorothy I believe) nice bar. Our room was like new due to the recent complete reservation. A great facility with an even better staff. Yes we will be back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came down to OC to celebrate our anniversary, only to discover a electrical problem at our family's beach home that caused burst pipes, no heat and no electricity. After being in a cold, dark house for 3 hours we were told to fix the isses would take days and there was no hope until Monday:(! I called the dunes at 9pm on a Friday and they were so, so kind to us. Got us a beautiful freshly remodeled room overlooking the ocean. The room was spotless, bathroom was impeccably clean and the view was outstanding! The staff at the dunes provided us with everything we asked for on the spot. I have never stayed in a hotel in oc before but I have heard horror stories from friends and I promise you that the dunes is not one of "those places". They saved our anniversary weekend and I will forever recommend them to anyone looking for a hotel in OC!

• Stayed February 2013
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My hubby is an ocean lover so I surprised him last year with a weekend stay for our anniversary. He enjoyed it so much, we're returning this year. Spacious & bright corner room with balcony overlooking the beach/ocean. Breakfast in the restaurant was yummy. Location at end of Boardwalk gave us a pleasant place to walk (& bike since it's before the busy, summer season).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dunes Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!