“one of the good ones in OC!” 4 of 5 stars

20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
mechanicsville, MD
“one of the good ones in OC!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

First stay here for a 3-day convention. Realizing that this is the off-season, but I appreciated the quiet atmosphere. Right on the beach, every room has a balcony with a super view. Did not use the pool, but it is on a lower roof level with no decor or anything. Not a 5-star, but very good for the OC area - I had previously been unimpressed with places I had stayed. The staff were quite helpful. Nice restaurant on the premises, tea and munchies in the late afternoon in the lobby. Room was sufficient, although not inspired. Small microwave and reefer. Beds were comfy, but they definitely need to use larger sheets that do not come untucked. AC/Heat unit was a bit noisy, but I am a light sleeper and after the first night it was not very noticable. I would recommend this hotel. About 10 blocks south of convention center. A 10-minute drive will get you into a shopping/outlet area with Marshalls, Applebees, Subway, Starbucks, Panera, KFC, SuperFresh, etc. if you want to spend less on food.

Room Tip: My end unit had a side window also, so if you like extra light, that is good.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Gettysburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My family and I stayed here recently during a road trip to our winter home in Florida, and we loved it! The staff was so nice, and the decor, while not modern, was so nice and victorian. I would highly recommend it, easy to get to, great location and wonderful service! Excellent hotel! Plus, the weather was unnaturally warm for the time of year we were there, so we almost had the beach to ourselves - definitly a plus.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Coastal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Old and Stuffy. Beds old and hard, decor dated. So many more newer and nicer hotels now in OC. This place has passed it's Prime. Not for families with children. Holiday Inn on 17th and the boards is a much better choice. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Winchester, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to the Dunes for several years now. We always come during January or February and take advantage of an inexpensive getaway. This is a lovely hotel and one that we would not be able to afford during the peak season, so it is nice to be able to take advantage of the amenities during a more affordable time. We love the view from their oceanfront rooms which are clean and well appointed. The hotel is located just at the beginning of the boardwalk, so that we can take walks along that when the temperatures aren't too cold. We also take advantage of their oceanfront dining room and have breakfast there at least one morning of our stay. Although the town is pretty quiet during the winter months we enjoy going antiquing and dining at the restaurants that remain open. We return year after year and will continue to do so.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
mid atlantic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I just got back from 2 nights at the Dunes Manor. I haven't stayed there in about 7 years, but I remembered the wonderful view of the ocean and a nice afternoon tea. The view and the tea were my main reasons for visiting the beach in winter. An old friend went with me and we got the connecting rooms we'd requested. I'd done the reserving on line for both rooms, but forgot to bring the credit card I'd used for this. It meant front desk had to cancel out both room reservations and start over with a new card. The attendant at the front desk could not have been nicer about the extra work. I found almost everyone we dealt with to be extremely friendly and helpful. I must say the furniture, tv and bedding were a little dated, but matress wasn't bad and everything was clean (except the elevator tracts!....why is this always overlooked in 90% of the hotels I've stayed in ?- a pet peeve from my days as a facilities manager) . We had drinks at the little lounge along with delicious steamed shrimp that were $5.99 in the bar during happy hour. The same shrimp were on dinner menu for over $9 so it was a good deal. (Only get about 6 or 7 shrimp but they were big, cooked perfectly with old bay, and already devained ). My friend doesn't travel much and on two occasions had the deadbolt lock on her front door, came into my room throught the connecting doors, closing hers behind her and it lock from inside her room. This meant maintenance had to come 2x to work on getting her back into her room. Both times they were really nice and friendly.Food was the problem. Menu was typical hotel fare and overpriced. Afternoon Tea was a big disappointment. The tea itself is served from an urn. No choice in flavors and only lukewarm. The only non friendly person I ran into was standing by a tray of very stale cookies with a pair of tongs and a frown on her face, placing the cookies you chose on your plate. They were unedible. There was a small dish with cold crumpets that were cut into quarters and a bowl of cold margarine as well as a bowl of decent orange marmalade. It was kind of pitiful and embarrassing. Just didn't seem as nice as it was years ago. Would stay again, but wouldn't be disappointed if I missed the afternoon tea. Worth staying for the wonderful view and great service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I've been coming here for years. This is a great place to stay. The service is great and the rooms are clean. The food in there is great. I love the view from the balcony and the pool is really cool and fun. Though the only down side is the rooms. The AC is very loud, (though it is at every hotel), and the furniture seems out dated and old. the need to remodel. Otherwise it is the best hotel I've stayed at!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Elizabethtown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

This hotel was great. We were there just after Christmas and was all decorated and looked beautiful. Our room was clean and the help was very friendly. We would visit this location again!

Room Tip: Get a room as high as you can get for the ocean view!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dunes Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!