“Make sure u have the correct $ 2 ride.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Reading, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Make sure u have the correct $ 2 ride.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great 2 ride 2 the inlet & walk back. Helps save time & prevent kids from getting tired from all the walking. It costs $3.00 2 ride one way which isn't bad, just make sure u have the correct amount since they can't provide change.

Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
“Not what I thought it would be...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed in a hotel on the boardwalk by the inlet, which I am very thankful for! The boardwalk is very long--and fun--but it is nice to be right where everything is. I rode the tram one day on a $6 ticket that I could use from I think 11am-4pm (not positive of the times). Without this "day" ticket, I would have had to pay $3 every time I got on the tram. The tram stops often (we stopped once for the worker to get thrasher fries.....she had to wait in line......we had to wait on the tram in the sun.....I was not impressed). It was worth it to me to see the whole boardwalk and to make a few stops, BUT I would not want to have to use it very often. Hot, pricey and slow.
(I did recommend it....but only for limited use.)

MD
21 attraction reviews
“Great Way to See Boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

The Boardwalk Tram offers a great way to see the boardwalk, shops, restaurants, and get from point a to point b without having to walk. To save some money if you are planning on using the tram more than one time, purchase the multi-ride pass. It definitely helps with the pocketbook!

The staff working the trams are great!

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Riding this is an attraction in OC??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Just kind of suprised this is something people would plan as part of a trip.

MD
21 attraction reviews
“Transportation in OC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Thought I'd relay my thoughts on the Transportation in OC.

The boardwalk tram is $3.00 per person each ride. So, we normally get the tram closest to our hotel/condo and go to the inlet = $3.00. Then do our activities at the inlet, walk a little up the boardwalk and catch one when we're ready = $3.00. So that's $24.00 for a family of 4. Expensive, a little, but if you get the card for 8 rides, it's only $20 and it works great for our family.

The bus is an excellent means of transportation in OC. It's $2.00 and you ride all day.

However, if I have my children, we prefer taking the boardwalk tram because it's fun for them, you get to see everything on the boardwalk, and it's something different.