“decent hotel for price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tides Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tides Motel
You added Tides Motel to your Saves list
7100 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #43 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
baltimore, md
“decent hotel for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Arrived 8/19 and the front desk clerk was very nice and efficient in getting everyone checked in; we arrived right at 2 PM and three people were ahead of us in line. He told us to let him know if there was anything we needed. On day four, we received a knock on the door from someone, I had never seen him before, stating he was the manager and he had complaints that we were too loud. On check out day, 8/24, the same desk clerk that checked us in, checked us out. Except for the knock on the door from whoever he was, we had a very pleasant time staying at the hotel and are already planning a return visit for next year.

Room Tip: Because there are no elevators, either choose a room on a lower floor, or pack lightly.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sewell, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I felt that the Manager as well as the man that sat at the front desk (devon Washington) were extremely disrepectful and ignorant. As soon as I walked in I was threatened if we made noise and he had to come up to the room it would be ugly. Being that Ocean CIty is a PARTY town we went out and came back a little late. We werent being loud at all he called our room and said that we were walking around too much??? My boyfriend is 6ft 6 and weighs 250 there is no way he can walked lightly. He came to our door the second time and screamed and cursed at us telling us we needed to go to bed like we were little kids and then told us were are getting our stuff and leaving in the morning. The way he spoke to us females was unbelievable. That morning they were at out door at 8 am banging on the door like cops and told us we had one hr to get out (which i dont think legally ya can do) So we got our things and went to Bonita Beach hotel which was fantastic!!!! If you are looking for a nice place to stay and want to be treated like a human being and with respect, I would definitely tell you to go elsewhere. AWFUL MOTEL.....not even worth the cheap rate.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

front desk person was rude absolutely ignorant....you are not allowed to walk around your room because you make too much noise!!!! so make sure you crawl when you get out of bed!!! front desk BANGS on our door in the early am, told us we had an hour to leave or the cops would be called. we were not partying or playing music...however the floors make too much noise so you must leave!!! awful place to go if your just looking for a place to stay...I'd rather pay extra money than be disrespected like that....he yelled at us like we were children.....again stay away from this hotel...we were paying customers who did not deserve to be treated nor spoke to in that manner

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Joppa, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is my second review of this motel, we stayed here two years ago and had a great stay so decided to try it again. As everyone else says, its a typical beach motel. The location is excellent, only steps from the beach. The pool was great, the rooms were clean. I'm not sure if "Lavon" was the one checking us out and in but he was very nice to us, very friendly. We were also offered towels each day. Sure it could use some updating but as long as its clean, who's sitting in the hotel looking at the furniture all day anyway? It also has a kitchenette with a full size fridge. I recommend this motel to anyone looking to stay in OC who is looking for a clean place to stay on a budget. In fact when I tell people where we stayed, I've heard more than one person say it's their favorite place to stay in OC because of price and location.

Room Tip: Stay in the annex if you want to be closer to the beach. The main buidling if you use the pool more...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel has everything you need, it's clean, it's beachside, pool, has a small kitchenette. The staff were all very friendly. I wish they had the option of queen or king sized beds... was a bit crampy trying to share a bed, but they were comfortable enough. The place did smell old, but a little fabreeze & some good cooking, the smell fades. If it had a window that opened that would help, but unfortunatly it did not. The walls are a bit thin, but I'm not a light sleeper, so it did not bother me. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
cecil county md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just got back the other day from a stay at the beach. I was very happy with tidelands our room was nice and clean bathroom nice and clean beds nice and clean! I don't understand how any one could give a bad rating. I and my family will be visiting again very nice motel!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Coaldale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Your average beach motel, nice size room, very close to the beach, and the staff were very friendly. The housekeeping staff and everyone we encountred in the office. Room was clean and rates are very reasonable. Will definetly stay here again .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tides Motel? Share your experiences!