“Nice Beach Motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tides Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tides Motel
You added Tides Motel to your Saves list
7100 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #48 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Coaldale, Pennsylvania
“Nice Beach Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Your average beach motel, nice size room, very close to the beach, and the staff were very friendly. The housekeeping staff and everyone we encountred in the office. Room was clean and rates are very reasonable. Will definetly stay here again .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Let me start this off by saying that I stayed here during Senior Week & I wasn't looking for a fabulous hotel.. so if that's what you're looking for, this motel is not for you.

PROS:
-CHEAP- went with 4 people for 5 days and it was only about $150 per person for the entire time.
-We got the the Motel like 3 hours early (11:00, check in is supposed to be at 2), called and they told us we could get a parking permit to park awhile and come back about a half hour later to check in early. We hung out at the beach, came back and checked in way earlier than I thought we would.
-The guy that checked us in, in the morning was really nice. Joked around with us and gave us a fold out bed within 5 minutes of us asking.
-The maid was really nice, always asked us when she seen us if we needed anything.
-The room was so much bigger than we thought they were going to be, had a full kitchen and plenty of seating.
-The pool is supposed to close at like 8 or something, but the night guy let it open til like 10 or 11 as long as people weren't being too loud.
-The Motel is literally less than like a 5 minute walk to the beach.
-Parking was awesome, even when there was no Vacancy.
-The beds were pretty good, I had no trouble sleeping.

CONS
-The furniture is very outdated.
-Bathroom is kinda small and the tub got clogged.
-Pool was small, not very deep.
-FAR from the boardwalk, but not a bad walk. (I didn't look into how far from the boardwalk though.. so my fault)
-We could hear the people above us and could literally see the floor shaking when they were jumping on the bed. They were other kids for senior week and they were just obnoxious.

Overall, we had a great time and it was nice enough to chill in when it rained. I would definitely recommend this Motel if you're on a tight budget and need a decent place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the room right beside check in, from what I saw they don't use that room.. but...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Its an average beach motel the only things that stick out are the size of the rooms great size for the price. The maids are extremely friendly as well.

• Stayed July 2012
York, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the tides motel this past weekend for one night, (Thank god). As my friend I checked in to the motel, the night manager Lavon told us to try to keep it down during our stay, which we politely obliged. Only a few minutes later while taking our luggage up to our room, lavon yelled at us and said that we are walking on eggshells with him now, because we sound like a "Herd of elephant" walking up there. Wow! could not believe this, my friend gave me this look and said we cant put up with this already, so I ventured down to his office and asked for another room since this one was directly above his office. He proceded to tell me that there were no other rooms available, and that we shouldn't be doing alot of walking around the room anyway since it was so small, and that he likes renting it out to elderly people because they don't move around as much.He went on a rant for awhile saying that he works more than 16 hrs a day and that he will not put up with alot of noise. I told him that I read some reviews about him on trip advisor but rented anyway with an open mind, but I can now see the reviews by other people were spot on, this guy is on a power trip. When I told him that, he responded by saying him and the owner of the tides motel do not care about those reviews because they do not mean anything anyway! So since I got there late I just figured I would ride the storm out and check out as early as possible. I felt like a little kid in the room tip toeing around the room trying not to upset big daddy Lavon. It was the worst stay i've ever had anywhere in ocean city, and I have been going every year since i was 10, so 30 yrs! Checking out of the tides felt like freedom, I had so much anxiety staying there because of lavon. Never will I stay here again, or recommend this place as long as lavon is manager!!

Room Tip: Do not stay near Lavon's office!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I requested new towels on my second day of my stay by walking into the office with my four towels from the previous day. I was impolitely told by the General Manager that I was only allowed to be given three towels. Three towels may sufficient to dry our bodies but my children needed a towel to stand on as the exited the shower. We would not have needed the towel to stand on if the showers were able to drain properly. There was no way to dry off in the shower due to the fact that there was standing water. Subsequently, I spoke to another family of four that were staying at the Motel and they explained that they had received five towels early that day from the office. I went back in to the office to speak with the General Manager about the matter and to obtain washrags and the General Manager became irate and threatened to evict me from the Motel.

DO NOT STAY HERE

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Tides motel was very good. Reading the reviews I was kind of wish-washy about it, but when I got there the man at the front desk was very helpful! He was extremely nice and made sure we were comfortable. Though, he warned us about the manager who works at night he said "don't draw any attention to yourselves". In the other reviews I read, people said that he was a pain in the butt, but we heard no yelling, he didnt say anything to us which was good. It was steps away from the beach. But very far from the boardwalk which we had to drive to. The motel room smelled like slight mildew, nothing too strong though. Overall, it was a VERY nice motel and great staff.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms had a better view and less people walking in front of your window. Stay on top flo...
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I've stayed at the TiDES every summer now for the past 8 years.
No, it's not a 5 star property but what you get is a lot of 'bang for the buck' !

* TiDES is located in an ocean block, a very easy walk to the beach.
* The rates are extremely very reasonable !
* Each room is an efficiency; you have a refrigerator, range-top & microwave.
* There are 2 queen sized beds in each room.
* The staff have always been helpful and considerate.

I've stayed at quite a few motels at the beach over the years but the TiDES has become my place to stay when in Ocean City !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tides Motel? Share your experiences!