“Do not stay her !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Royalton Hotel

You added The Royalton Hotel to your Saves list
The Royalton Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 North Atlantic Ave., 11th Street & Boardwalk, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #104 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
“Do not stay her !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place is awful. The staff do not care. The rooms I can't even begin. Just save yourself all the time in the world and never come here. You're better off sleeping outside then in this disgusting mess

• Stayed June 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Older property on the boardwalk at 11th st. Clean cheap accommodations with a million dollar ocean front view. Not the Hilton but the view is like no other. If u want a standard beach economy place with a great location and phenomenal views this is your place

• Stayed August 2012
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I don't know if things changed since the last (and only) time I stayed here, but the last time I stayed, my grandpa went out onto the balcony and found chicken bones everywhere! It was disgusting. The room was cramped as well! Some of us had to get showers to wash the sand off our feet and the sand remained in the shower since it wouldn't go down the drain.
Would NOT stay here again after all that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there you have to sign up for room service can you believe that . The people where nasty and rude . No parking rooms are so nasty and cramped . I hated it the shower was so small no soap or towels I had to use my own beach towels to dry my self offt

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last summer with our 1 year old. it was a bit tight but for the money it was GOOD! Location is perfect and it is not dirty or anything. we are thinking of coming back this summer. The shower was small and there was not much total room but the deck was soo BIG. the beds were not horrible but space was our biggest concern. we are thinking about the first or second floor this year tho cus no elevator.mafe all our crap going to the third floor a bit MUCH.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

So I went for the weekend and I stayed here because I was only staying for one night and All the other hotels i called wanted us to stay for two nights. Well the hotel is in bad shape the rooms are very tiny you can barely walk in there! first of all the bathroom was not clean and also the beds! I would prefer paying at least 50 dollars more than staying in that place again! don't waste your money staying at this place it's horrible! The only thing I liked was the view from the balcony.

• Stayed August 2012
Central Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Do not stay here! This was by far the worst room I have ever stayed in. We had paid $109.00 a night for a room that I had to clean and change the sheets myself before I even felt comfortable enough to stay in. First thing I checked was the beds… hair was on the sheets and when I removed the dirty sheets I had found pieces crumbled ceiling tiles under the sheets!!! After walking to the desk down 3 flights of stairs I was given new sheets to change on my own and was told to bring down the dirty sheets. The room also did not look like it has been vacuumed in weeks. The comforter was stained with what looked like blood and defiantly not been washed in quite a while. I would not even put it on the floor to walk on!! The whole building was rundown with a few exceptions that looked like an inexperienced and cheap remodeling job. The best thing about this hotel was the outside which was recently resided with pink vinyl siding and they had also added balconys to some of the rooms.

This hotel advertizes that it has a pool. It does not have a pool the hotel across the street has a pool. You must return your one and only key to your room to the front desk to receive a key to the door of the hotel across the street. This is a huge inconvenience if someone from your group wanted to stay at the pool or go somewhere else they could not get the room key back until you return the pool key. Also, if you lose the one and only key they will charge you a $100.00 fee.

At checkout I had asked the women at the desk if they are planning on remodeling the rooms and she had said not anytime soon. So I defiantly would not recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!!!