“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Atlantic Hotel
You added Atlantic Hotel to your Saves list
Wicomico Street, PO Box 120, Ocean City, MD 21843   |
Ranked #22 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you want fancy do not stay here, but if you want a clean , friendly staff, convenient location for a hotel, stay here. Lots of charm being a turn of century hotel. Still use a key to enter your room. There is an elevator, but you have to to summon staff to operate it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
South Riding, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My Husband and I had the pleasure of staying with you on July 19th. I was very impressed with the front desk associate that checked me in (Kelsey was her name I do believe) and the room was extremely clean as well as all public areas and the property was well maintained. We enjoyed the hospitality of ALL associates we came in contact with. Working for Marriott myself for 17 years I have found to be a huge critic when staying anywhere and the charming feel and service of the Atlantic Hotel was far beyond my expectations. My husband and I could not have asked for anything more. We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony upstairs overlooking the boardwalk late at night and it was very romantic. You made our stay to Ocean City THE BEST. We intend on sharing with everyone of this hidden gem that we found.
THANK YOU GREATLY! ...We WILL be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is the third hotel I've tried in Ocean City and it's the best by far. The location is right at the amusement park on the boardwalk, so that cannot be beat. The hotel has a huge deck on the 2nd floor that overlooks the boardwalk so it's the best place possible for people watching. The boardwalk access door to the hotel is understated, it feels like you've found the secret when you see it.

The hotel itself is good by beach standards. The room we shared was a good size, with 2 beds perpendicular to each other. The decor is best described as "Grandma's house" but it's head and shoulders above the other two places I've tried. Housekeeping was on point every day, and was ready to clean our room by 9:30 every day (if we wanted them to). The bathroom was definitely small and the tub has some familiar "beach hotel sandblast" look, but we were still happy. This hotel may not rank equally to a 4-star hotel in a city, but for a hotel on the beach in Ocean City that sees endless traffic, this is the best choice I've found. The staff was very friendly, and there is also a pool out back (but we never tried it).

I'd book here again.

Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

It is unfortunate that the Atlantic had to take housekeeping to an outside company. This is one of the great old beach hotels in America. To have housekeeping staff yelling down the halls and horse playing while providing less than an adiquate service is apprehensable. To hear one say to another "what that B*#%h didn't leave no tip" really!! Come on Purnells. What would Flossie say!

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed at The Atlantic Hotel many times and have always been satisfied. This hotel is VERY clean. The housekeeping staff are hard workers and are very respectful. When you pass them in the hall, they greet you with a "Good Morning" and a smile on their face. KUDOS to them for keeping such a CLEAN hotel, hopefully they are recognized for their hard work. The front desk staff was also very helpful. If you are looking for a CLEAN and QUIET place, this is the place to stay. The lobby area is beautiful and it makes you feel like you stepped back in time. The hotel is right on the boardwalk so you don't have to worry about walking a distance to get to the boards. This hotel is a TREASURE in the sand!!! We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
White Marsh, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have been staying at the Atlantic Hotel now for 40 years. Would/will NEVER stay anywhere else in OC. The front desk, housekeeping and janitorial staff are nothing short of amazing. All will go out of their way to provide you with the most comfortable, relaxing stay. And always with a friendly, pleasing attitude. Always willing to go out of their way for you. The hotel is, and always has been, THE cleanest, well kept hotel I have had the pleasure to visit. The sheets are pristine white, the floors are impeccably clean as well as the bathrooms. The hotel is over a hundred years old and is lovingly cared for and restored to past elegance. A pleasure for the eyes as well as the soul. And location, location, location! It's located in the hub of all the action; restaurants, rides, games. And the most reasonably priced hotel in Ocean City. What else would you need? I absolutely LOVE the hotel & especially the staff. See you next year, and many more I hope!

Room Tip: I request, and have always gotten an oceanfront room (corner suite: large, sunny and the delicious a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Atlantic Hotel located right on the boardwalk in Ocean City, Md is a family oriented environment. We have been staying at this hotel for the past 8 years. Every staff member we have ever encountered has been friendly and courteous. The lobby offers a great place to sit and relax for a few minutes.The rooms are clean with an old style charm. The deck is a winner at this hotel. It offers a fabulous view of the activity on the beach and boardwalk. They have a pool that we use on occasion, although we prefer the ocean. The outdoor shower is quite convenient so that you don't track sand back into your room. All-in-all, the price you pay isn't bad for a good clean hotel right on the boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!