“Old school charm clean and friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Atlantic Hotel
You added Atlantic Hotel to your Saves list
Wicomico Street, PO Box 120, Ocean City, MD 21843   |
Ranked #20 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Phonixville PA
“Old school charm clean and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is our favorite place to stay in OCMD. We have been going there for the last 25 years and the Atlantic is where we stay the most. The location is great the prices are reasonable, and the rooms are clean. The hotel is family owned and cared for and it shows. It’s where old school charm meets modern standards.

Room Tip: If you don't get a room with a fridge bring a cooler.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cape Charles, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here on the recommendation of friends who go to OC regularly. They said "it is clean, not fancy but a good value." We couldn't agree more. If you want to be in the thick of things on the boardwalk, this is an excellent location: close to Ripley's and Jolly Roger amusement park. The staff was friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed sitting on the porch/deck above the boardwalk to people watch in the evenings.

Room Tip: We had a ground level room on the courtyard. It was easy access to the beach and quiet. The only dra...
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our second year at the Atlantic. Click through to my old post for the Pros and Cons of the place itself. The staff of the hotel is very friendly from the front desk staff to housekeeping. You can tell it is a family operation. As I said in my previous place the hotel is old but they keep it clean, both when cleaning between guests and every day while you are there. This year we requested a specific room since last year we were told it was ideal for families. We got room 11 which is located on the ground floor. It was nice not having any steps but the room had two minor issues. First off there was a minor odor of mildew near the bathroom. It was either in the bathroom itself or the carpet in front of it. You only noticed it when going in and out of the bathroom. The other is that due to the fact the room is in the courtyard there are bright lights in front of the windows and since the windows only have pull down shades and thin white curtains, the light from outside is pretty bright. The room was pretty quiet compared to other rooms that we checked out (our family had 3 different rooms) since there was no lobby or rooms above us. The room seemed a little smaller then our two bed hotel room we had last year but the bathroom was much newer and actually had the sink in the bathroom instead of outside like the room last year.

One of my complaints from last year was that they didn't seem to clean the deck enough from the seagull droppings. This year there were seagull droppings but they seemed to just be from that day, not weeks worth like last year. You can't beat the price for this place and also have a hotel that is so clean and convenient. All in all a great trip. We will probably be back next year.

Room Tip: Room 1-11 are on the ground floor. 100 and 200 number rooms are actually the 3rd and 4th floor.
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

After arriving late to Ocean City, we hoped to be able to sleep in and relax in our room the next day. (Hard enough to do since the queen bed we paid for was actually a small double bed). And then the cleaning crew hit the hallways the next morning at 11 like a navy platoon on a recon mission! Walkie-talkies blaring! Their shouting could easily be heard through the paper thin walls. At about 4:30 we went to the front desk to request that our room be cleaned. The attendant informed us that the cleaning crew left at 4 and wouldn't be back until the next morning. "That's one way we keep our prices low" she said. Well, first of all, the prices weren't that low! When I asked if we could at least have some clean towels I was informed that, yes we could, if we brought our old dirty towels down to the front desk to trade for clean ones... When I recommended that it might be worth while to let guests know that if they don't have their room cleaned by 4, they will have to sleep on dirty sheets the next night, she shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't change my sheets every day". The rude and unprofessional behaviour of the staff here makes it impossible for me to recommend this hotel. Won't be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The essence of yesterday still exists here a real rarity, the staff was wonderful and the accommodations were simply put, wonderful I will return here. Right on the Boardwalk, on the beach. Mow if your coming for an absolutely peaceful stay you may want to pass on this one, remember it is old and not soundproof like new hotels but still well worth it.

• Stayed August 2013
Hughesville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is our third year staying for the weekend at Atlantic Hotel. We have enjoyed it so much, we invited some of my family to join us. Both rooms were under my name, upon check in, each party gave their vehicle information. The hotel allows one parking space per room. We had two rooms and two vehicles. My family told me the next morning that the front desk called their room at 11:15PM and threatened to tow their vehicle. They went down to the desk to discuss the situation and stated the staff woman was extremely rude. My family tried to explain that we had two rooms and two vehicles which was within hotel policy. I guess when we checked in, both vehicle tag numbers were written on both rooms, so it looked like each room had two vehicles each and not two vehicles total. I was shocked to learn about this because #1 why are they calling my family and not me since both rooms were reserved under my name. #2 Why are they calling at 11:15PM, both vehicles had been in the parking lot unmoved since check in at 4pm. #3 Obviously, the person (different staff) that checked us in they what they were doing when they obtained our vehicle information. I was very disappointed to learn my family was treated rudely and it was embarrassing for me. Other than this, we enjoyed our stay. Nothing was every said to me by staff and my family never received an apology. Good location, nice pool, nice balcony.

Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place is an absolute gem and the staff are beyond friendly! You could not ask for a better location...right in the middle of everything. Would recommend it to everyone! The views from the deck are fantastic and it is a great place to relax and observe the Boardwalk activity. The staff truly went out of their way to make everything enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a king-sized room on the top floor with an ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!