“Disgusting” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Boardroom Motel

Boardroom Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oakland
Boardroom Motel
You added Boardroom Motel to your Saves list
12678 Garrett Highway, Oakland, MD 21550   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Oakland B&B and Inns
“Disgusting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I was with my team traveling for a soccer tornument in west virginia. When I got to the motel it looked sketchy from first sight. The first night I stayed everything was fine, although my teamate a few rooms down said he had stains on his bed sheets. The next day I got new towels, and only one large towell was clean. Every other towell had stains all over or instead of being white, the towell was brown. My room often smelled like smoke (I am not a smoker). A buddy in another room had his heater catch on fire. Smoke started coming out and sparks were spewing from the vent. Luckily he unplugged it before anything tragic happened. Bottom line, DON'T GO. Worst motel I've ever been to. The Mexican was good though, that was really the only plus side to staying in the board room.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Beacon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Exhausted from driving 7 hours, we were approaching Oakland, Maryland and started searching and calling motels, inns, etc. Everywhere we called we were rebuffed with our dog! Finally, called the Boardroom and they said yes. What a mistake. Inexpensive but that should have warned us. $55 for us. $25 for the dog. On a huge strip mall in an ugly section of the town. No ice machines. You have to go next door to the Mexican restaurant with your ice bucket. Two double beds, bedspreads questionable (took off, obviously), carpet questionable (couldn't pull that up!), basically the whole place really, really questionable. The only reason we stayed was the hour and our exhaustion. A real dive. Don't go!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Westville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We got into town late @ 9:30 pm and almost all motels were taken. We found this one and called the number on the door since they had left for the night. He came in a timely manner and we got two doubles, flat screen TV, very big bathroom. Microwave and small fridge. All in all a nice place. We paid $80 which was better than Comfort Inn up the road or Oak-Mar closer to town. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on bottom in middle and had no noise problems at all
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
garrett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stay in Oakland all the time and at several diffrent places. The Boardroom Motel has always treated me well and they do eveything to accomadate my traveling needs. I have read the other commets on here and all I can say is there are some bad customers out there and maybe these sites should check them out before they allow them to post info without the whole story. My opion is that it is a great place!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011 via mobile

I stayed there with my boyfriend while he was working.. while he was at work I would stay in the room the woman would not collect the garbage or bring us clean towels. Everytime I went to the desk it was closed and there was no one to be found. I wouldn't reccomend it. The rooms are little and the service sucked. The only good part is the Mexican restaurant next door. And they never have any parking. So good luck if you stay there they need new employees.

• Stayed September 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I come to Oakland, Md. every couple of months for bussiness and have stayed at all the local motels in the last couple of years. I spend 14 days of a month on the road staying in little motels like this one. I think this motel is above standards and for as cheap the rates are you can't get any better. The rooms are simple and clean and the staff is always welcoming...even during the worst snow storm I was caught in last January. I drove a extra 40 miles to get to this motel, because everyone else was closed. The lot was cleared and the room was warm and waiting for me. There is one more thing I need to add. You've got to try the Mexican food connected to the motel. Good Food.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Needed an inexpensive room in town but near everything and found it at the board room. Best rates in Oakland (that i could find). Friendly employees, clean rooms, comfy bed. Next time in Oakland i will stay there for sure !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Boardroom Motel? Share your experiences!