“Finger Lickin' Good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: American
baltimore
“Finger Lickin' Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a smalll chain of BBQ restaurants that honor those who serve our country with monetary donations to organizations and events that feature them. They are very generous in their support. When entering the building you are greeted by friendly welcoming staff, the line flows quickly and efficiently as soon as you place your order. The ribs have a dry rub, which is tasty and at the table you have a 6 -pack of bbq sauces to choose from, my personal favorite was the Smokey Mountain-it has a bit of a kick to it. The pulled pork bbq was also delicious as well, all tender. The managers also circulate and talk to the customers. This was a good experience and we will return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bel Air, Maryland
“First time here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We had never been here before. We heard about it on a local television station, and it looked wonderful. After walking in the place the people working there could tell that we were new and came over to explain the menu to us. We couldn't have asked for more courteous service and friendliness! They let you sample whatever you want and we decided on the lean brisket sandwich with fries. Sooooo tender and the sauces they had were so different, yet so delicious. The decorations were unique and interesting. What a fun place to eat at.

We will definitely return. They even donate to the local organizations in need, like the people that were impacted during 9/11.

Morgan&Nora Walter

Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Barbecue For The Soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tasty, fun, reflective - Mission BBQ delivers for the hungry patron. I've been 8 or 9 times since they opened last year, and I've nearly worked my way through the menu, I enjoy it so much. Their brisket is excellent, along with 2 styles of pulled pork. You can get each as a meal or as a sandwich. Their chicken and sausage menu items (classic and jalapeno) are equally tasty. They offer delicious sides, and a 2 combo prices allow you to sample one or two sides with cornbread. They offer a very broad beverage menu, with fountain drinks, as well as bottled soda and beer. I enjoy the fresh sweet tea and lemonade, and the custom Arnold Palmers I like.

Service is friendly and frequent. You are greeted warmly when you order your food (no table service), and it's served fast and hot. Employees are very friendly and engaging, offering to help you with refills and checking on you throughout the meal.

Mission BBQ is detailed in service-honoring themes (armed forces, fire and rescue, law enforcement), lovingly adorned with framed football jerseys of the Armed Forces Colleges as well as unit patches, classic military slogans and creeds, and local high school sports. It's a restaurant-themed field mess hall. Gents, make sure you check out the men's room, a labor of love that will trigger memories of our youth (enuff said!)

Meals with sides and drink will generally run $11-12; this is not fast-food, but it is delicious and a value for families eating out for the weekend. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sykesville, Maryland, United States
“Amazingly good!! This is a place where vegetarians will reconsider.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I can spend the next hour telling you how good this place is, but neither of us will have the time for that. And even after an hour, I won't be able to to paint a complete enough picture of just how good this place is.

Last year, after visiting Austin, TX, a bunch of us were craving good BBQ. We scoured Maryland trying various locations and eventually stumbled across Mission BBQ. That may be the most fortunate find of my life (2nd only to my wife). I'll say that everything on the menu is good. You really can't miss. But if you want to love life a little more, this is what you will get:

1/2 lb "wet" or "moist" brisket (Move to 1 lb if you are really hungry)
5 bone spare ribs
side of cream corn
1/2 sweet tea, 1/2 lemonade

Every season, they have a black plate special, seasonal side, and seasonal dessert. The specials vary from Prime rib, catfish, and Ribeye. I don't fully remember the sides because I usually just get cream corn. :-) and desserts include strawberry short cake, bread pudding, and banana pudding. All of which are good.

Also, this place absolutely honors our military and other servicemen. I won't go into detail, but you can check out the different organizations they support and donate to:

Mission BBQ is what I would consider fast food since you order at a counter and then seat yourself. But they also have staff that walks around to ensure a pleasant dining experience. They will bus your devoured trays of food for you and refill your drinks if you are running low.

In closing, this place and the one in Glen Burnie are both MUST VISITS. It will be more expensive than a trip to Burger King. But the quality of food along with the excellence of service are worth so much more. It's 8:12am.... and I'm craving BBQ now. :-)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Soooo Gooood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have been craving good brisket since the original Towson Deli moved from Allegheny (a long time ago) Went with some friends for lunch ordered the "wet" brisket. It is delicious! French fries also delicious! Staff smiling, friendly and attentive - even though you picked up your own order, staff walked around to make sure everyone was okay. I also understand owners donate some profits to Wounded Warriors and local EMS. So what are you waiting for?

• Visited June 2013