“Decent hotel for unplanned visit” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North East
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Decent hotel for unplanned visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We found this hotel after discovering that there was tons of traffic trying to get back home and decided to spend the night. The rate was reasonable, room was clean, and breakfast was the usual simple carbs with some eggs and sausage for proteins. The only thing that bugged us was a gentleman who decided to be yelling in his room and down the hall first thing in the morning, but that wasn't the hotels fault! After my boyfriend yelled through the wall, thanking him for waking us up, it was quiet:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
patriciasparks, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North East Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property, we hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.
Wishing you a most excellent day!
Patricia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Top rating for this hotel in the value-oriented chain category. Excellent clean room, pool, and common areas. Great welcome and check-out and other services. Unusually good breakfast including not only the typical coffee, juice, breads, cereal, but also 2 waffle makers (!), and no TV running constantly (a huge plus for me and my family).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
patriciasparks, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North East Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay. We appreciate your compliments.
It was a pleasure to have you at the Best Western North East Inn and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.
We wish you safe travels and happy trails!
Patricia
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I keep pondering why I can't get completely comfortable at this hotel and I can only assume it's because I am Goldilocks and things have to be just right.

We drove awhile reading reviews for various Best Westerns looking for one worth taking a chance on. There is one I loved that is closer to the Delaware line (I reviewed it last year), but we finally hit on this place before we got there so we read the reviews, which were way more good than bad, and decided the bad was just personal, one-time experiences you can't hold against a hotel.

It was after 10 at night and dark, but we were glad to see we were passing some good restaurants and stores. The street we had to turn on at first looked like a dead end. It took a second to notice the hotel sign, so quiet location this really is, as someone else said in a review. After my husband checked us in, we saw a Pizza Hut delivery happening and asked the woman about it. She took our order right there and let me talk to the cashier so I could give her my credit card number. That was very cool of them and I count that as a positive for Pizza Hut as well as the hotel.

There is lots of tile in the hotel - that's good - and the clerk was friendly. We looked hard at the room. My son even checked the drawers, a la one of the poor reviews we read. It was all good. The chairs at the table were clean and stain free. The bedskirts looked good too, though I didn't look TOO hard there. But that's part of where my eyes go in hotels. So what is my problem? The bed. I hate firm beds and some reviews said the beds are firm but ours weren't. We were on the too soft side of things. Someone mentioned the hard edges of the bed making it uncomfortable to sit on. That was true for the bed my husband and I had. It was then too soft in the middle and it felt like I was rolling toward the center. My husband agreed. Maybe they need to flip the mattress? I sat on my kids' bed and theirs was better. Hey BW, check out room 320, the bed next to the wall, will ya?

Breakfast was as uninspired as the reviews said. Bathroom was big, though I noticed a hair in the corner of the tub. The "clean remote" was a nice idea but no one knew for sure if the stain we saw on it was there before we touched it or not. My husband said he didn't have anything on his hands. These are the kinds of things that make me squirm but the bed is mainly why I am uncomfortable. The bed killed the room for me. Too bad.

• Stayed August 2012
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way back home. We were very pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. The furniture and decor were very up to date and the room was clean. It is very conveniently located off of I-95. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not have a recommendation for a specific room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, QC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel a week ago. We had stayed at this hotel in the past and it was for this reason that we decided to stay again for this trip. The suite was nice and clean with two Queen sized beds, a separate living room and bed areas. Breakfast in the morning was nice and plentiful. Upon checking out the dresser drawers, we were horrified to discover two men's underwear obviously from a previous guest. We placed them in a bag and brought them to the front desk who appologized and casually put them aside.

Obviously, housekeeping failed in their duty and definitely turned us off from staying there in the future. This type of situation is unacceptable for us coming from a big hotel chain like Best Western. We did send an e-mail complaint to the manager and as of today haven't received even an acknowledgement. This explains our poor overall raiting.

jet29

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Havre de Grace, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I lived in this area temporarily for 6 months and had numerous problems with my apartment. After two months of very little sleep every night, I decided to get a hotel room for the sole purpose of getting a good night's sleep.

I went in late afternoon and explained my situation to the front desk staff, one person was a manager by the name of Patricia. The staff and manager were so very nice and sympathetic to my situation. I know it can be hard to be comfortable in a hotel but all I wanted was sleep. They went out of their way to find me the most remote hotel room in the place, and as it was not a very busy night, they booked out the rooms next to me so I wouldn't end up with any noisy neighbors.

The room itself was clean and serviceable. Not a 5 star hotel, but not dirty or uncomfortable. Then again, I could have slept on a bed of spikes at that point. It was quiet. No outside noise from traffic or anything. I ordered a tasty pasta meal from Pat's Pizzeria nearby (they delivered) and proceeded to sleep for 12 hours.

A million thanks to Patricia and the staff for helping out a very tired and upset person. This was back in April or May, I'm just now getting to write the review.

Room Tip: Front desk staff were very nice and helpful, if you don't like your room, try to talk to them (r...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 3-4 times. It is about 20 minutes away from the office I work out of when I am out of town.

I have always enjoyed staying here. I have stayed in multiple rooms and they have always been clean and well maintained. There is a pizza hut across the street and a Chinese restaurant. Down the way there is a WalMart.

It is tucked in a corner a few blocks from the expressway.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN North East Inn? Share your experiences!