“Very Nice Best Western” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in North East
pa
“Very Nice Best Western”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way back home. We were very pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. The furniture and decor were very up to date and the room was clean. It is very conveniently located off of I-95. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not have a recommendation for a specific room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Montreal, QC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel a week ago. We had stayed at this hotel in the past and it was for this reason that we decided to stay again for this trip. The suite was nice and clean with two Queen sized beds, a separate living room and bed areas. Breakfast in the morning was nice and plentiful. Upon checking out the dresser drawers, we were horrified to discover two men's underwear obviously from a previous guest. We placed them in a bag and brought them to the front desk who appologized and casually put them aside.

Obviously, housekeeping failed in their duty and definitely turned us off from staying there in the future. This type of situation is unacceptable for us coming from a big hotel chain like Best Western. We did send an e-mail complaint to the manager and as of today haven't received even an acknowledgement. This explains our poor overall raiting.

jet29

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Havre de Grace, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I lived in this area temporarily for 6 months and had numerous problems with my apartment. After two months of very little sleep every night, I decided to get a hotel room for the sole purpose of getting a good night's sleep.

I went in late afternoon and explained my situation to the front desk staff, one person was a manager by the name of Patricia. The staff and manager were so very nice and sympathetic to my situation. I know it can be hard to be comfortable in a hotel but all I wanted was sleep. They went out of their way to find me the most remote hotel room in the place, and as it was not a very busy night, they booked out the rooms next to me so I wouldn't end up with any noisy neighbors.

The room itself was clean and serviceable. Not a 5 star hotel, but not dirty or uncomfortable. Then again, I could have slept on a bed of spikes at that point. It was quiet. No outside noise from traffic or anything. I ordered a tasty pasta meal from Pat's Pizzeria nearby (they delivered) and proceeded to sleep for 12 hours.

A million thanks to Patricia and the staff for helping out a very tired and upset person. This was back in April or May, I'm just now getting to write the review.

Room Tip: Front desk staff were very nice and helpful, if you don't like your room, try to talk to them (r...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 3-4 times. It is about 20 minutes away from the office I work out of when I am out of town.

I have always enjoyed staying here. I have stayed in multiple rooms and they have always been clean and well maintained. There is a pizza hut across the street and a Chinese restaurant. Down the way there is a WalMart.

It is tucked in a corner a few blocks from the expressway.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Princeton,NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The staff on the front desk and breakfast crew were very, very friendly and helpful. They would do credit to a 5star hotel.
The elevator was excruciatingly slow.
The room was unexciting but very large (we paid $10 extra for a "suite"). The under-the-window A/C unit was fairly noisy, but that is to be expected from this type of equipment.
I would have preferred an outdoor swimming pool. The indoor pool was doing good business in the heat wave we just had though.
Pets are allowed with an extra payment.
Generally, the hotel was unexciting, though fairly good value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Saranac Lake, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

The hotel staff was wonderful--helpful, friendly, accommodating, exceptional.
The kingsize bed--sagged on one half and was broken down. The room needed a good vaccuuming.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Oswego, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Sometimes the stars do not align. Normally I write about the good things at a hotel but not this time, too much went wrong here. We arrived for checkin at 3pm and as we approached the 2 receptionists, we were not greeted with as much as smile or hello. Finally I gave my name and a creditcard and that was pretty much the entire process. After arriving at our room #213, I saw that the entire outside window was blocked by the roof covering the front door. I called to ask if this room was necessary and was told that it was the only room available at this time. Now let's see, checkin time is 3 pm, this hotel in the middle of nowhere has four floors and this is the only room ready at 3 pm. At 60 years of age I'm sure that every young female receptionist thinks that I might be foolish. However let me guarantee you that she is more foolish than I if she thinks I were to believe this load of what they fertilize the corn fields with. The next blunder was the indoor pool. Indeed there is an indoor pool with a water temperature of about 65 degrees. Unless you are 10 years of age or younger, do not be tempted to simply jump in. The bed mattresses were very hard and uncomfortable. Some of the furnishing are filthy. Point in case is the combination chair and ottoman. Both are stained and just plain dirty. Tom Burdett of Motel Six would not allow these in a room.
Personally I would not recommend this hotel and shall not stop here again. Usually I do not use Best Western and these are some of the reasons why.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN North East Inn? Share your experiences!