“Feels like we get to come home every year.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandy Cove Ministries

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North East
Sandy Cove Ministries
You added Sandy Cove Ministries to your Saves list
60 Sandy Cove Road, North East, MD 21901   |
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
“Feels like we get to come home every year.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been bringing my children to Sandy Cove since 2008. I am a single mom of 4 children and was fortunate to hear about Sandy Cove on the radio. We have time together as a family, and we have time apart from each other going to programs of our own. I get to spend a week with my children, without having to worry about cooking, etc. I get to relax, spend time with God and refuel myself. We get to see and become friends with families that we see each year we go. I started bringing my four children when they were 9, 7, 5 and 2. They are now 13, 11, 9 and 6. On the last day when we have to leave, all four of them start counting down until we get to come back. From the time we get off the main road and pull down Sandy Cove Road it is like coming home to family. You can feel life just come off of your shoulders as you relax. There are so many things to do each time we go. Every year I have gone, I have had the pleasure of wonderful speakers. The staff at Sandy Cove is unbelievable. Not once have I ever had a negative experience during my stay here. You cant go to a better place to spend your vacation. It is well worth the time together and all you get from the time you spend with family and friends. I hope to continue to take my family here year after year and start a legacy for my children to meet each year with their families. I LOVE THIS PLACE AND AM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL IT HAS DONE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I just got back from the Shepherd's Mini Sabbatical at Sandy Cove. It was a great place to unplug and make yourself slow down. There were no TV's in the rooms but there was a TV Lounge near the lobby if you wanted to watch and a TV in the fitness room, and you also had free wi-fi. It was great walking around the property, sitting on Adirondack chairs and looking at the tranquil waters. It was too wet to play tennis, but just walking around was refreshing. I was there for 2 nights, which was just enough time for me to slow down, refresh, and seek direction for upcoming decisions. The price was VERY reasonable, especially since it also included 4 meals during my stay (all buffet style). The staff was friendly and very approachable.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have just returned from my 10th visit to Sandy Cove Ministries for the Crop Around the Clock event. I have to say that this facility is truly amazing and a place that I look forward to visiting every year. The event I attended was for scrapbooking, however they offer many events throughout the year as well as a miriad of programs for everyone. Regardless of the event that you attend, you will find a courteous and pleasant staff, a very clean facility, an absolutely beautiful setting on the water, good food and you will feel refreshed when you pull away. If you have an opportunity to attend an event I would definitely recommend it. I wish they were open more often for personal retreats as it would be a wonderful place to get away for a day or two just to unwind, however their availability seems to be more centered around events. This is not a fancy place, but you are not roughing it either. It is comfortable in every way and you will cherish the time there and be anxious to return.

Room Tip: We always stay in one of the bay front rooms. There is a small extra charge but it is worth it to o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had a great time. Sometimes the best review is written after time has come and gone. I was reading a little book my 2nd grader wrote about himself a couple of weeks into school. Apparently, Sandy Cove is in a favorite place.
My 2-year old still prays for one of her teachers--by name.
These are just two lingering reflections of my children.
As a whole, there was something for each member of our family (toddler, elementary kids, teenager and adults). It was a beautiful location. The staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly. There was a variety of activities planned. The hardest part of picking what to do and what not to do--we couldn't do everything.
It was sad to leave. It became a little home. I hope we can go again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our family vacation at Sandy Cove was amazing. The worship and seminars were soul satisfying. The facilities, staff and food were awesome. There is so much fun stuff to do. The time spent together was so special in a world of distractions. We can't wait to go back!

Aberdeen, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

What an INCREDIBLE experience. My family was sponsored for the Labor Day weekend and it was an amazing time to reconnect with my 6 year old daughter. We had post-deployment "Mommy-Daughter" time! And, it was incredible. Those three days restored to us everything that we had missed in our nearly 8 month time apart. THANKs SO very much! This is a great place with great accomadations, great food, and place for great fellowship with other families and with GOD.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our family weekend at Sandy Cove was one of the best vacations we have ever taken! The entire staff is very friendly and their message is so encouraging no matter where your walk with Christ is right now.

The activities are limitless and there is something for everyone from ziplines to parasailing to the Gaga pit. Our kids loved it as much as my husband and I did. We would definately go back!

If you're looking for a relaxing all inclusive vacation where you will be surrounded by other believers and genuinely good people this is the place to go!

Room Tip: Sign up online in advance for any activities that have tickets. Those who didn't had to wait in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sandy Cove Ministries? Share your experiences!