“# 1 of only hotel? Average, bad neighbor hood, police has own parking space?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Save Saved
You added Metro Points Hotel - Washington North to your Saves list
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8500 Annapolis Road, New Carrollton, MD 20784 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Carrollton)   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 35% now!!!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
Birmingham, Alabama
“# 1 of only hotel? Average, bad neighbor hood, police has own parking space?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Because of reviews I stayed here, when you see #1 in a town, sometimes u have to see if a #2 exists? Before you book, it was clean I can say that, paid $87, honestly don't believe it was worth it. Old furnishings, 1st room was like in a hole , when you looked out window it was a concrete wall, with garbage. Couldn't see outside. We moved near elevator , there was a view, of the outside)furnishings and carpet was worn badly, staff at front desk , not that helpful or friendly. It seems u have to pay for a view (of what?) and frig and microwave although when u book it states it comes included.the AC was a single wall unit almost impossible for climate control, no I would never stay here again and would not recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest: Please accept my apologies regarding your stay, this is not the type of service we strive for. We will make sure we take the proper steps to address these issues. I hope you will give us another opportunity to lodge you in the near future. If you decide to stay with us please contact me directly at extension 6100 so I can ensure your stay will be comfortable and pleasant like we always do with our valuable guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lagos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I were spoilt silly by sheer hospitality. We had a wonderful stay, my only issue was that we could not be given a hard bed (mattress) so I experienced back pain throughout our stay.
In addition, we found that New Carrollton is only 30 minutes away from Pennsylvanian Avenue, Washington DC, taking the Metro Orange Line from the Metro Station where the hotel's shuttle buses take guests to and pick them from every half hour. With the sumptuous complimentary breakfast, served from 6:30am every day, you only require one more meal for the day, whether you are going site-seeing, to a conference or for business.

'Sina Bamtefa.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and give good views of surrounding lush vegetation and beautiful structure that b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to know your stay was very pleasant and comfortable. We will be waiting for your return in the near future.
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A great location to D.C. Shuttle to Metro. Staff is great. Two suggestions for them: improve food in restaurant. Breakfast for example is plentiful but tasteless. the hotel is clean and comfortable. It needs updating - carpeting throughout, some furniture. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your great review. We are very happy your stay was pleasant. Hope to see you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay at Metro points all the time. The staff is friendly and I have never had any issues with any of the amenities. The price is always great and the location is even better being 5 minutes from the metro is a plus and plenty of food locations with hotel accommodations are near by as well. If I've ever had an issue anyone at the front desk was able to resolve within minutes. Ms. Nora as well as her colleges are phenomenal, this hotel deserves five stars, it is definitely a few steps up from the former hotel four points. This is an honest unbiased review, you can't expect to pay $125.00 and expect for bottle service with rooms with golden floors. This hotel is great for any stay for an amazing price. I will always choose Metro Points as my favorite place to stay, now if its time to add a pool :)

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest: We thank you for sharing your great experience during your stay with us.
We will share this with all our staff to ensure we continue providing a great customer service.
Hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I just recently stayed in this hotel while chaperoning a Middle School trip to D.C.

Knowing that it would be housing 150 kids, I knew it wasn't going to be a Ritz.

This place made me squirm. My room seemed clean enough, but there were a few students who complained of stained and ripped sheets. There were a few rooms labelled 'staff only' but the doors were open and they looked unsafe. When walking past, one of those rooms reeked of pot (possibly from a hotel guest and not a staff member).

My room had an external door that at one point opened to a balcony. It was bolted shut and the balcony was covered by another part of building. So the view from my room was of insulation.

I would pass on this place.

The only reason I give it 2 stars is that the staff I dealt with was very nice and accommodating. The lobby area was also just fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure the proper departments take immediate action regarding the isolated issues you and the group encountered during their stay. Hope you can give us another opportunity to show you the type of service we provide and believe in. Thank you for staying with us.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

For a last minute change of hotel Mr. Marcus understood everything and was very helpful in helping me out. Mr. Marcus went an extra yard in trying to make sure we were taking care of and comfortable because of our last minute situation. My fiancée and our children had to stay there and we really enjoyed ourselves. Our room was wonderful my children didn’t even want to leave the next day. I want to thank Mr. Marcus for everything he did for us. It was really appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for such a great and honest review about our hotel and specially about our associate Marcus. This is the type of service we strive for. We hope you can recommend our hotel to others so they can have the same great experience like you. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!