“Nice place to stay: clean, great staff. Needs some updating.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Save Saved
You added Metro Points Hotel - Washington North to your Saves list
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8500 Annapolis Road, New Carrollton, MD 20784 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Carrollton)   |
Offers & Announcements
EXPLORE D.C
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in New Carrollton
Baltimore, MD
“Nice place to stay: clean, great staff. Needs some updating.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A great location to D.C. Shuttle to Metro. Staff is great. Two suggestions for them: improve food in restaurant. Breakfast for example is plentiful but tasteless. the hotel is clean and comfortable. It needs updating - carpeting throughout, some furniture. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. We are very happy your stay was pleasant. Hope to see you again in the near future.

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay at Metro points all the time. The staff is friendly and I have never had any issues with any of the amenities. The price is always great and the location is even better being 5 minutes from the metro is a plus and plenty of food locations with hotel accommodations are near by as well. If I've ever had an issue anyone at the front desk was able to resolve within minutes. Ms. Nora as well as her colleges are phenomenal, this hotel deserves five stars, it is definitely a few steps up from the former hotel four points. This is an honest unbiased review, you can't expect to pay $125.00 and expect for bottle service with rooms with golden floors. This hotel is great for any stay for an amazing price. I will always choose Metro Points as my favorite place to stay, now if its time to add a pool :)

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest: We thank you for sharing your great experience during your stay with us.
We will share this with all our staff to ensure we continue providing a great customer service.
Hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I just recently stayed in this hotel while chaperoning a Middle School trip to D.C.

Knowing that it would be housing 150 kids, I knew it wasn't going to be a Ritz.

This place made me squirm. My room seemed clean enough, but there were a few students who complained of stained and ripped sheets. There were a few rooms labelled 'staff only' but the doors were open and they looked unsafe. When walking past, one of those rooms reeked of pot (possibly from a hotel guest and not a staff member).

My room had an external door that at one point opened to a balcony. It was bolted shut and the balcony was covered by another part of building. So the view from my room was of insulation.

I would pass on this place.

The only reason I give it 2 stars is that the staff I dealt with was very nice and accommodating. The lobby area was also just fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure the proper departments take immediate action regarding the isolated issues you and the group encountered during their stay. Hope you can give us another opportunity to show you the type of service we provide and believe in. Thank you for staying with us.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

For a last minute change of hotel Mr. Marcus understood everything and was very helpful in helping me out. Mr. Marcus went an extra yard in trying to make sure we were taking care of and comfortable because of our last minute situation. My fiancée and our children had to stay there and we really enjoyed ourselves. Our room was wonderful my children didn’t even want to leave the next day. I want to thank Mr. Marcus for everything he did for us. It was really appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for such a great and honest review about our hotel and specially about our associate Marcus. This is the type of service we strive for. We hope you can recommend our hotel to others so they can have the same great experience like you. Hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at the metro points hotel for a day trip to visit UDC's speech-language pathology program. Before arriving at the hotel, I read the many bad reviews and contemplated cancelling my reservation.

I am SO glad I did not cancel! I can agree with certain aspects of the bad reviews like:
-stained carpets
-lumpy floor (squeaky hard wood too)
-paint peeling bathtub
-ceiling leaked and was uneven on 10th floor (my own observation)

BUT the shuttle was convenient, free, and prompt. The shuttle driver was very nice and personable. The breakfast buffet was an actual buffet with good food offerings, and it was FREE. I was surprised by the buffet since I had read so many reviews about how terrible it was. We had a king room, which wasn't anything spectacular but it was not THE worst. It was sufficient and more than I expected for the price I paid. I loved that the room included a table and chair that can be pulled out from the "entertainment center" (for lack of better words), which really worked out well for me because I needed to complete some school work during my trip. The Happy Hour was great! They offered free h'orderves, $3 bottom shelf drinks, $5 premium drinks, 5 wings for $3, and $3 cheeseburger sliders. I took full advantage of the happy hour and really enjoyed myself!

I only had one issue, which could have been a huge damper on my day trip if I did not have a positive attitude. I booked the hotel on Expedia's "daily deal" and chose to pay at check-in versus paying online at the time I made the reservation. After traveling on a 7-hour delayed train, we didn't check-in until after midnight. So needless to say I was just ready to lay down when we finally arrived. I checked my account when I got to my room because I realized I didn't see any amount I was being charged on the forms I signed. I was supposed to be charged $172, but there was a hold on my account for $434! Huge difference. I immediately called the front desk and explained there must have been a mistake. The night auditor acknowledged that I had been charged incorrectly but said he couldn't correct it himself, his manager could but she wouldn't be in until 7am. I slept on it and went straight to the desk at 7:00 on the dot, only to be told by the manager that the night auditor had corrected the issue himself and the money would show up in my account the same day. At about 12pm, the money still was not back on my account so I called the front desk again and was told it was a security deposit that would not come off until I checked out. I knew this was incorrect, and had her transfer me to someone in accounting. I spoke with Harold in accounting several different times while I was out and about in the city. Basically, I got the run-around but when I got back to the hotel Harold invited me into his office and resolved the issue right then. I was pleased with the end result, but would have loved if the process of getting my refund was much easier.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a copy of charges you will be billed BEFORE they charge your credit card, their proce...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest: We are extremely happy with your detailed feedback, we are proud of the quality service we provide to all our loyal and valuable guests.
We will appreciate your recommendations to others. Hope we can serve you many times in the near future.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel is an ex Sheraton four points but even if it is not anymore, the level of service and quality are great. The hotel is conveniently located outside DC at 20min by Metrorail from the capital (terminus New Carrollton stop) on the orange line. It is accessible right at the exit of 495 highway. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle from and to the Metrorail (and bus) station every 30 min (last one at 10pm) which avoids to walk through the neighborhoods (you can choose to walk but we had a small kid). The staff is mainly hispanic (for those who care) and the service is great: the breakfast offers plenty of fresh food hot and cold (sausages, bacon, eggs, oatmeal) that changes every day. The hotel in general and the rooms are very clean and quiet in general. The only negative points are: air conditioning is noisy (might be the room) and the fan in the bathroom did not work. There is also no microwave and fridge but you can get one for extra money.The hotel also offers happy hours and diner option (surcharge). There are plenty of options for restaurants (mall at 6miles) and shopping (IKEA-6miles). Overall our stay was great and we recommend strongly this hotel if you are on a budget but want to be within minutes from the main DC attractions.

Room Tip: Book early to get good rate (less than 90/night). For the Metrorail, get a daily pass and avoid rush...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are very happy your stay was very pleasant. We thank you for sharing your honest and candid comments. This will be shared with our staff so they can keep on providing great quality service to all our valuable guests. Hope we can see you again soon.

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!