The hotel is an ex Sheraton four points but even if it is not anymore, the level of service and quality are great. The hotel is conveniently located outside DC at 20min by Metrorail from the capital (terminus New Carrollton stop) on the orange line. It is accessible right at the exit of 495 highway. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle from and to the Metrorail (and bus) station every 30 min (last one at 10pm) which avoids to walk through the neighborhoods (you can choose to walk but we had a small kid). The staff is mainly hispanic (for those who care) and the service is great: the breakfast offers plenty of fresh food hot and cold (sausages, bacon, eggs, oatmeal) that changes every day. The hotel in general and the rooms are very clean and quiet in general. The only negative points are: air conditioning is noisy (might be the room) and the fan in the bathroom did not work. There is also no microwave and fridge but you can get one for extra money.The hotel also offers happy hours and diner option (surcharge). There are plenty of options for restaurants (mall at 6miles) and shopping (IKEA-6miles). Overall our stay was great and we recommend strongly this hotel if you are on a budget but want to be within minutes from the main DC attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North, is the ideal full service hotel for individuals or groups looking to visit the Washington, DC Metro area…without having to pay the high rates of Washington, DC. New boutique style public spaces & guest rooms will wow you as you walk in through our front doors. Located about ¼ mile from the New Carrollton METRO station, giving you access to Washington, DC and other DC areas within minutes, without the hassle of the traffic and parking nightmares. Free automobile as well as bus parking on the premises. Our guestrooms at Metro Points Hotel-Washington North feature 32-inch LCD TVs with satellite channels and pay movies, as well as desks with ergonomic chairs. All guest rooms also have safes to accommodate laptops, coffee/tea makers, and wireless high speed internet access is complimentary. The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is a part of a new development that has a shopping center with a verity of food outlets like IHOP®, Five Guys Burgers®, Starbucks®, and more. Without the worries of high franchise fees from a major hotel chain, the Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is able to offer you low rates and a commitment to focus on the services and quality that you would appreciate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Metro Points Hotel - Washington North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points New Carrollton
- Sheraton New Carrollton
- New Carrollton Four Points
- New Carrollton Sheraton