“UNIMPRESSIVE” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Save Saved
You added Metro Points Hotel - Washington North to your Saves list
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8500 Annapolis Road, New Carrollton, MD 20784 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Carrollton)   |
Offers & Announcements
SUMMER SALE
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in New Carrollton
“UNIMPRESSIVE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had a last-minute trip to New Carrollton and had little time to book a hotel for 1 night. The photos of the hotel seemed nice enough and the free full breakfast was a plus. I arrived @ appx. 1:30pm but knew checkin was at 3pm. There was no spare room even to get dressed to attend a wake. I returned to the hotel at approx. 9:30pm and went to the room. Upon entering the room, there was a stale "smell", difficult to explain, sort of unclean. The tub had stains, the shower head and chrome water spout was dingy full of the soap residue scum. The wall paper was peeling off in the bathroom near the shower. The tv cabinet had seen better days.

I could tell there was an attempt at modernizing the hotel; however, this was done cosmetically and cheaply -- it shows. I had to be up early morning for the funeral. I got up at 5:30 am and dressed. Breakfast is served from 7 to 9:30 am. I went down to get a quick breakfast at 7:45 as I was going to be picked up at 8. The dining room is very small and it was chock full of people who were forming long lines, all the tables were full, the people were hovering over the food and it was chaotic. I decided breakfast was no longer a priority and left rather quickly -- glad to escape from such mayhem.

In all fairness, I must confess I am accustomed to staying at the Marriotts and their secondary properties but decided to give this one a try since it was for 1 night only. The Residence and Fairfield Inns, both properties of Marriott and of a similar level to Metro Points, are two hotels the Metro Point could learn a thing or two from. It lacks organization and planning.

The one good thing about Metro Points were the FRONT DESK employees who were courteous and efficient -- they performed as well could be expected under the circumstances. I feel sorry for them.

Room Tip: NO room in this place is a good room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fernando B, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We always welcome all our guests comments and suggestions to provide a better service everyday.
We hope to see you again soon.

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night late last month. There was no hot water when I was about to take a shower. So I called the guest service to report the problem. The lady who answered the phone said that they would have somebody check it shortly. But I waited for about 45 minutes and still no follow-up from them. So I called guest service again, and this time a man answered the phone, also said that somebody will come to check it shortly. And he said they were very busy. I waited again, but still noboby came to fix the problem, and I had to go to bed without taking a shower. During this whole time, there was no follow-up from them, and they even did not offer any apology! It sounds that my problem has nothing to do with them. Also, I requested morning call, but they failed to do it the next morning. And there was no Wi-fi in my room! (They claimed they had wifi when I checked in.) This hotel is the worst I've even been to. So stay away from it if you can!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fernando B, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Valuable Guest: Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of my entire team. I am very sad that we didn't take care of your requests in a timely manner. This is not the type of service we believe in not the type of service we provide to all our guests. We will make sure the proper departments address this problems. We hope you can give us another chance to show you our great customer service we strive for. We hope to see you again soon.
Martinsville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We found this hotel at a great rate and were pleased with the overall expierence. The people at the check in desk were very friendly. Also, we were given 20% off at the hotel restaurant so we ate dinner there. The service in the restaurant was great and the food was awesome, too. Most of the time hotel restaurants are way over priced...we were very pleased with the food and the price.

The rooms were great. Only thing I wished we did have was a fridge but certainly not a deal breaker.

I have no complaints and it was a great experience for us!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest review. Our number one goal is to provide good service to all our valuable guests during their stay. We will be waiting for your return. Thank you for staying with us.
Kingsport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located for those visiting Washington DC. The shuttle service to the Metro station is very helpful. The free parking and free wifi add to the value of staying there. The rooms are in need of refurbishing as furniture shows wear and tear. Bath towels are smaller than usual. The biggest problem is the lack of space for the morning buffet. There are insufficient tables so people had to stand and eat after waiting in long line to get food. They could also benefit from more staff in kitchen to prepare food and more staff to clean tables. This hotel is not up to the standard of maintenance of rooms and facilities of the many name brand chains that charge comparable prices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest : Thank you so much for sharing your experience while with us. We will make sure we address these issues. We hope to see you again soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

1- fridges are removed from room and u have to pay extra 10$ to get it back.
2-No microwave available in
rooms
-Towels are not enough for baths
4-Buffets open at 6:30 am and closes @ 09 am.People were standing in long lines to get their breskfast snd when we made it we found up there is nothing left.
5-Water was dripping from the roof of the buffet at one side a bucket to collect the water and i will leave to your immagination the rest.

• Stayed April 2013
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. This will help us improve the way we operate on daily basis. We will make sure the proper departments take care of this issues. Thank you for staying with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a problem with my reservation and the unethical management were completely unwilling to help. I've never experienced such poor customer service in my life. Completely unprofessional, incompetent staff. Don't expect anything from this hotel if you have a problem or complaint. There are many, many better options in the DC area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Please accept our apology on behalf of my management team. I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards. We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience. Thank you for your feedback, Hope to see you in the near future again.

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!