“Cockroach roommate” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Save Saved
You added Metro Points Hotel - Washington North to your Saves list
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8500 Annapolis Road, New Carrollton, MD 20784 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Carrollton)   |
Offers & Announcements
LAST MINUTE DEAL
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in New Carrollton
“Cockroach roommate”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

There was a cockroach crawling in the bathroom! I would write more about the room, but the cockroach stole the show. They said that if I'd reported the cockroach immediately, they would have given me another room. However, I was already tired and in my PJs, so didn't call the front desk immediately.

The beds were okay. While I was at the hotel, the front desk was friendly, but didn't answer the phone promptly.

I lost a pair of my glasses. When I called the hotel to ask if housekeeping had found them, I left several messages, and lost and found never called me back.

The complimentary breakfast was good. There was a selection of scrambled eggs, grits, waffles with syrup, yogurt, cereal, etc.

There was a van to take people to the Metro station, and we were happy with it. The driver was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
METROPOINTSHOTEL, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
On behalf of my team please accept our apology. Your feedback will help us improve our hotel operations. We will make sure the proper departments address this isolated problem you encountered during your stay. We hope you give us another chance to show you the quality of service we provide to all our valuable guests.

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kingsland, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The moment we walked in the door smiles and friendly efficient service were abundant and continued through our 5 day stay.
Kevin ~ General Manager
Nuvia ~ Sales Manager
Rene ~ Banquet Manager
I know these names because they introduced themselves making sure my group knew from the start of our stay they were available! The list of names is much longer (Hi Sam!), but I think you get the meaning. The staff at Metro Points Hotel MAKES the hotel what it is.
The rooms are large and beds comfortable. The bathrooms enormous! Are they a tad dated? Yes, but the price and standard of service more than makes up for that.
The restaurant has great prices on fresh food and a breakfast buffet is included with your stay.
The lobby is nicely appointed with several conversation areas.
The location is wonderful.
Starbucks right across the street.
One of the best Mexican restaurants north of the border I've dined in is next door.
I witnessed this hotel handle a group of 300 like it was an everyday affair. The banquet rooms are generous and offered our group a great place to meet and have our meals.
Thank you all for a successful stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you in the near future once again. Please come back again soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great price in todays bad economy and high gas prices. Very impressed with the pretty lobby, clean guestroom, but the BIG bang was the four on-site restaurants with one open 24hours.

OOPS, dont let me forget the friendly staff, from the shuttle driver (Sam) to the hotels General Manager (Kevin Beard) thanks for a GREAT STAY...

Jackie, Tina, Betsy & Larry Coleman Family

Room Tip: Our room 805 was nice and very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We will share your comments with our team to make sure we keep on providing the best service to all our loyal guests. We will be happy to see you in the near future again.
durham , nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am actually about to check out from a two night stay on Jan 25, 2013. First location was good. Based on the other reviews i saw no drug dealers only locals shopping and waiting on the Metro. Check in was quick (thanks Phil), other than him forgeting to give me back my Visa, but he was calling the room by the time i got there to tell me. They had a evening reception for guests when i arrived, nice, but turn the volume down just a bit....lol..The room had its issues, first stains on the carpet that could be clean with a simple steamer pass. Housekeeping forgot to give me a duvet/comforter and i didnt realize till after first nite and a review of the hotel pics. But one was there within 5mins after i questioned front desk. I do have to agree with another reviewer, that the bathroom touchups could be better with a simple coat of paint. The remote had black electrical tape on the battery cover. The mattress made me nervous at first as it sounded squicky and used...you could hear the springs but it sleep ok, not as good as home but ok. I requested a micro and fridge for a $10 per night fee, and they delivered to the room soon after check in. It drips water all over the entrance which is wood. The wood squeaked and popped everytime i walked on it....The stay was average and i would stay again...Hotel mgnt should take the time to take care of the small things....paint , steam clean...otherwise good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take all the opinions from every guest very serious to ensure we keep providing high quality service to all.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was so impressd with the friendliness and hospitality of each of the staff at this hotel that I was in awe simply because this attitude kept on through out my stay. Each staff member went beyond to help me with any request I had through out my three day stay. From the time I walked into the front door and spending time with Nuvia, the catering manager, to saying good bye to the gentleman that runs the bus service and everything else I was catered to. Being in this business, I sometimes can be critical, but this time I was not. The rooms were large and very comfortable, with very little noise from the hallways. By the way, go to the Mexican resturaunt right around the corner. Some of the best authentic southern Mexican food I have tasted.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Our entire team thank you for sharing your honest experience while staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Clayton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visited the DMV for Christmas. We decided to stay here since they were running a special. We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights.
FIRST IMPRESSION: When we drove up to the hotel, I was uncertain that I would be comfortable. The exterior is dated. Once in the lobby, I was surprised to see how elegant and updated it looked. My hopes of a comfortable stay went up.! Our room appeared to have been updated with a wall-unit and flat screen TV.
POSITIVE: We shopped while visiting and left gifts in the room while out and nothing was touched. Appreciated the "do not disturb rule". Also has in-room safe, which we used. They have a Bar and the service was great!
DISLIKES: They gave us a room with a joining door (hate rooms like that). They said that there where no other rooms available. The bathroom looked updated by the lowest bidder. It took at least 10mins for the water to get hot. The shower faucet was not well mounted to the wall. There was no place to hang a towel or bathrobe so we had to put an ottoman in there. The microwave and fridge was an extra $10 a night.
CLEANLINESS: Purchased Clorox wipes, didn't feel comfortable touching anything in the bathroom. One of the large bed pillows had a fresh blood stain. Gave it to the housekeeper and she replaced the cover...WOW.. No one bothered changing them!!!
FOOD: Liked that they served a full breakfast. Everyday was something different. Nothing fancy. Would have liked more healthy choices like fruit, oatmeal and yogurt.

Room Tip: No good views. Located near shopping center and Highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
annandale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

First, off let me just say that the staff were wonderful to me and my husband we enjoyed their helpful, and amazing attitude when we first walked in the door. The two ladies at the front desk, Delena and Noria were so delightful when we first stepped in the hotel, giving us alot of information about the Dc area were me and my husband wanted to site see. Delena was very sweet and helpful form printing our tickets for the site seeing tour in Dc, and giving us great direction to get to the metro station.
The room was very nice and clean with a great view of the area, the only thing i would say was that the guest next door was VERY loud, but we slept good through out the night. Breakfast was ok, wish they have served meat in the dining area, But my over all stay was very good with the price i got, and will be coming back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!