For my trip to Washington DC, I originally booked another hotel through Orbitz, but unfortunately, I didn't check with Tripadvisor. WOW, that was a bad mistake I will never make again. I had a coupon for Sheraton hotels, so called the Four Points and spoke with the manager. He was so polite and even said, "Come on over, and we'll take care of you". When we checked in, we were grateful to find that the manager had actually upgraded us to a suite. A very nice gesture. Needless to say, we were taken care of. Every employee we came into contact with was very nice and very helpful.
I cannot see how anyone thought the neighborhood looked worrisome. I never saw a reason to think anything bad of the hotel's location. There were 2 fast food restaurants within a very short walk, and even 2 grocery stores, a bank, a pharmacy, as well as a 7-11 with a gas station. We ate in the restaurant 3 times and ordered room service twice; all meals were fine, and the service was great. I appreciated the little room off of the lobby with the free internet access; very handy. We also appreciated the free shuttle service to the Metro station. It was probably less than a mile, but it was nice not having to walk it. We simply called the hotel each time when we arrived at the station (New Carrollton, last station on the orange line) and we never had to wait for more than 8 minutes. That neighborhood was nice; again, I can't see what anyone else thought was wrong with it. No bums, no litter, no graffiti, no drug dealers, no abandoned cars...it was a nice clean neighborhood.
Our room was clean and the beds were great. We really liked the bed coverings; they kept us toasty on the cold nights. The AC/heater worked great too. The room was large with plenty of room to move around. The room was also quiet. We had a free newspaper every day, as well as free bottled water. The fridge and microwave were nice additions. The room had 2 phones and space to expand the computer desk, as well as places to plug in our computer. We liked the easy chair in the room also. When we were there, they were re-doing the 8th floor, but we never heard the construction.
If I had one complaint, it would be that the ice machine didn't work on the floor we stayed on.
I definitely recommend this hotel, and will most likely stay there again if I am in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points New Carrollton
- Sheraton New Carrollton
- New Carrollton Sheraton
- New Carrollton Four Points
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North, is the ideal full service hotel for individuals or groups looking to visit the Washington, DC Metro area…without having to pay the high rates of Washington, DC. New boutique style public spaces & guest rooms will wow you as you walk in through our front doors. Located about ¼ mile from the New Carrollton METRO station, giving you access to Washington, DC and other DC areas within minutes, without the hassle of the traffic and parking nightmares. Free automobile as well as bus parking on the premises. Our guestrooms at Metro Points Hotel-Washington North feature 32-inch LCD TVs with satellite channels and pay movies, as well as desks with ergonomic chairs. All guest rooms also have safes to accommodate laptops, coffee/tea makers, and wireless high speed internet access is complimentary. The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is a part of a new development that has a shopping center with a verity of food outlets like IHOP®, Five Guys Burgers®, Starbucks®, and more. Without the worries of high franchise fees from a major hotel chain, the Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is able to offer you low rates and a commitment to focus on the services and quality that you would appreciate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Metro Points Hotel - Washington North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.