“Expected better” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Manor Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Monkton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Voted Baltimore Magazine's 2013 Best Restaurant 'Worth the Drive,' we are located in the heart of Maryland’s horse country. ‘The Tavern’, as many of our local patrons refer to us, is a favorite gathering place for friends and families to enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, superior service and meals that are flavorful from beginning to end. The traditional American inspired kitchen is rooted at a local level to highlight our area growers and purveyors ensuring the freshest produce, meat, fish and chicken are of the highest standard.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Expected better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had lunch here with my relatives from out of town and I must say the service and quality of food has really declined since new ownership. It took almost an hour to get served and they forgot to bring our appetize out. I can usually forgive bad service if the food is good, but I ordered a brisket sandwich and all I can say is if you don't know how too cook then don'tserve it or put it on the menu. The brisket was very tough and it was served up like some kind of roast beef and it was very hard to chew, not good at all. I don't know if I will come here again, I do have friends that come here from time to time and they have told me that they too were very dissappointed. Hopefully this restauraunt can figure it out and correct their problems.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore,Maryland
“A great luncheon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I held my husband's birthday luncheon at the Manor Tavern for a party of 15 people and everything was wonderful. Food was delicious, incl their crab dip as well as scallops, crab cakes, shrimp salad, etc. Service was impeccable and the setting is relaxed yet elegant. Will definitely return to check out other menu items.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
washington dc
“Dee Lish Us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Dined with friends here early Sept 2012. It was wonderful to be in a non-noisy restaurant with staff that was friendly but not intrusive. The restaurant has it's own gardens that it uses for the vegetables it serves.
We started with a hot crab dip, which I'm not usually fond of. This crab dip was so very good. I had the crab cake dinner with fresh green beans and a corn & tomato mixture. Everything was just right.
One of the guests with me had a basic hamburger sandwich with salad and fries. She said it was excellent.
The dessert of flourless chocolate pie with real whipped cream and locally made vanilla ice cream was indescribably good. Our wine choices for dinner and the coffee with dessert added to the delightful evening of great food. If you're in the area, give Manor Tavern a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore MD
“Great find. Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Loved this gem. Very homey atmosphere. The waitress has been there for years and years, Her daughter is the greeter/host. She was chatty but not intrusive and very helpful in recommending dishes. Presentation was great. The food was delicious. Lots of items grown in their own garden or locally. Bison is from just up the road. Loved the "wine tree" offerings and the cute "tree"

My steak was excellent. I would love to try the Natty Bo beer can chicken. The owner checked on a couple times.

This had all the enjoyment of the Milton Inn or the Oregon Grille without the extremely high prices and the snootyness. I could wear jeans and a polo shirt but still get fine food.

Loved this place and will return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“The Windsor chairs are very uncomfortable and do not enhance the dining experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a horse-country restaurant w/ a pub-like atmosphere, low lighting, stone fireplace, etc. Eclectic menu offerings were delivered to our party of 3 at a late lunch by a pleasant, experienced waitress. Food was okay, but nothing memorable, We ordered Balto. Co. Restaurant Week menu specials. as well as regular menu options. The ice cream/brownie dessert was served in a mason jar, cute, but difficult to eat and the brownie was too hard and dense.

• Visited August 2012