“Perfect Stop” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We missed our turn on our way to Harpers Ferry and ended up changing plans when we ended up in Middletown. Stopped at The Main Cup and had a lovely lunch. Nice selection, well prepared, fresh ingredients. Burger was a perfect medium-well (as requested). Service was friendly and attentive - right there any time we needed something, not intruding when we didn't. My only regret is that I was too full for a latte after our meal!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Frederick, Maryland
“Nice place to meet friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have been to the Main Cup many times. I love the different atmospheres, the coffee shop or the restaurant. The food is always fantastic and the staff friendly. Their occasional bands make for a fun night.

Visited March 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Awesome coffee & atmospehere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The place is unique. The way that it is painted/decorated is beautiful. It is a friendly, family atmosphere. Great place to grab a coffee or hang out at the bar and watch a show or chat with the waitress. The spinach salad is the best!

Visited August 2012
Middletown, Maryland
“Great food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My fiance and I have been here on average about twice a month for the last two years. It used to be the place we would take all of our out of town guests to eat. The food is always exceptional, but the service has been rapidly declining. Things such as not getting drink refills, everyone getting their food at different times, nobody checking to make sure the food is adequate after it was received are beginning to be regular occurrences. Last time our waitress didn't write our order down, and when only half of our table got their food, she came back and asked the others what they had ordered because she had forgotten.
We finally had enough of it and contacted the owner after our last visit. I told him that even though the food was excellent, we simply couldn't bring guests there anymore because of the service. He didn't seem concerned. He simply emailed me thanking me for my feedback and that was that. If I ever go back, it won't be for a long time. Too bad because they have the best crab dip around.
So, since we needed to find a new reliable place in the area, we branched outand ended up finding Home at Braddock Inn. The food is similar and the service is always friendly and fast. I highly recommend skipping the main cup in favor of Home at Braddock Inn. It says they are in different towns officially, but they are both off alt 40, no more than 5 minutes from each other.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bowie, Maryland
“Delish food, nice stuff, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

What a great place for vegetarians who do not expect much from a place in a very little town! My husband and I were blown away by the warmth and the food selection the place has to offer. The wait stuff is super polite, positive and nice. The place has a great atmosphere, very homely and inviting. We will definitely be back when we are in the area! I wish we had a place like this here in DC, I would be there every day!

• Visited June 2012