“Waitress Doesn't Know Products!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Sandwiches, Chicken Wings
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our guests gleam talking about Smiley's Bar & Grill. We embrace our dining independence by offering a wide ranging diversity on the menu. Business diners love our comfortable bar, chock full of local conversation and selections like our Baked Italian sandwich or our Fire Cracker Shrimp. Families are greeted with delicious fresh made pizza, colossal wings (16 flavors) and cold crisp salads. We exceed expectations every day with our Grilled Salmon, BBQ Ribs, and Crab Cake dinners. Located at the Fort in McHenry. After dinner, check out Smiley's FunZone attraction for even more fun! We deliver!
Greenbelt, Maryland
“Waitress Doesn't Know Products!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Four of us went for a late lunch, and it took 5 minutes for the waitress to come take our drink order. Once we got our drinks, we each order the same thing. We ordered the Monday Special - 1 pound of boneless chicken wings and fries. With the special, we each got two sauces. When the food arrived, we all noticed that it didn't look like a pound of boneless chicken wings. In fact, they were more like half nuggets and not wings. One friend wanted the Chesapeake, and the waitress said that they take Old Bay Seasoning and turn it into a sauce. Since he doesn't like sauce, he opted out of that. I ordered the Chesapeake and the Honey Citrus. When it came, the Chesapeake was not a sauce but a small container of Old Bay. The Honey Citrus didn't taste like honey or citrus, but she said that it was. When another friend looked at it, he said it looked like his garlic butter sauce. When I tasted his and mine, they were both the same. I then asked for the correct sauce and she brought me what looked exactly like honey barbecue sauce that another person in the party had. At this point I was furious and ate everything dry. When we got the bill, we realized that our plates didn't look like a pound of boneless chicken wings because they weren't!! She wrote done a half pound!!! If this is your Monday Special, I really expect your staff to get the orders right; it can't be that hard.

While we were there, we overheard the table next to us complain because they wanted the happy hour prices. They were told that they couldn't get them because happy hour was over. Apparently, they changed the time of happy hour, but didn't change it on the menus. I don't know if the table got their happy hour prices because he left (hungry, no doubt) before them. However, if it was in writing, I hope Smiley's at least honored it since it was their mistake.

Visited December 2012

Somerset, Pennsylvania
“Go carts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Went to Smiley's and rode go carts. The guy at the track was great. We had 10 of us, all adults and due to it not being busy left us bump,just a little and have fun. We also went into the bar and had a few drinks then. The staff was great!

Visited September 2012
Wildwood
“Rachel was the BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My friend and I met Rachel on a whim ...we stopped by to check out the 11am to 6pm happy hour and we were in there for hrs. talking to everyone that we met. The owner came in and Rachel introduced us and she was a sweetheart. The place is clean and the food is fresh. It was nice to have a relaxing place to hang out during the day. The yhave bowling and go-carts and different activiities for the kids as well.

Visited September 2012
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Do not use delivery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This was the only pizza delivery place per the front desk. So we ordered pizza was semi hot when we got it not very good and the driver forgot our sodas and we paid with credit card over phone needless to say no tip!!!

Annapolis, Maryland
“Family friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was good, we ordered pizza, and I really enjoyed it. I have two small children, and this place was extremely family-friendly and the service was good. My husband didn't like the "vinegar smell" but I didn't notice it or mind it - I assume it's from french fires. The specialty drinks were really good too. I would return to this place again.

• Visited September 2012