“Best Pizza I Have Ever Had!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain State Brewing Co.

Mountain State Brewing Co.
6690 Sang Run Road, McHenry, MD 21541
301-387-3360
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in McHenry
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Pizza I Have Ever Had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have been to Mountain State multiple times now and every time it is amazing. They have classic pizza like pepperoni or a margarita, but they also have new and exciting pizzas such as the Big Casino which has a ranch base with bacon and spinach or the Sweet Kickin' Chicken which has a sweet chili sauce base with chicken, bacon, spinach, onions, and tomatoes AMAZING! The only downside is that after you have their pizza all others will be a disappointment.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Wood Fired Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Local beer, wood fired pizza & football on tv. Great atmosphere, friendly staff, and good food.
I tried the Mountain State Ale, Fire on the Mountain Pizza, and homemade root beer

Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Good food, good service, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife, 3 kids (age 6-12) and I were staying at WIPS resort on Jan 1-Jan 3. The onsite restaurant (DC's) did not have a kid's menu, was a little more pricey than what we were looking for, and had a 45 minute to hour wait. We drove here, about a 5 minute drive, in the snow. Very open place. Waiter was very friendly and timely. They had some games for the kids to play at the table. We had "pub food". I had a hot sausage sub, kids had chicken fingers, and kid's pizza (it was a good size), and my wife had some kind of salad. The food hit the spot. We also had a couple of their beers. Very tasty. Two issues, the restaurant was a little chilly (fine for me, but my wife likes it warm) and it was a little hard geting out of the parking lot in our mini-van in the snow. But that is a vehicle-weather issue. If you are nearby, you should try this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great Beer, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We ate here on a Thursday night in January and the place was packed! We had the Cold Trail Ale beer, which was absolutely delicious. I'm not a fan of "hoppy" beer and this Ale was perfectly crafted with only a hint of hops but a lot of great flavor. We had the artichoke and spinach dip as an appetizer and I would definitely order it again, as it was delicious. We shared a medium Miller's Supreme flatbread/pizza (pepperoni, sausage, onion, green peppers). The flatbread was just ok. I don't have any complaints about it, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it as a "must have". All in all, a great nice of beer and pizza located conveniently just up the road from Wisp.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakton, Virginia
“Great beer & good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Nice rustic place with good food & beer. The kids loved the hog chocolate and the hot fudge brownies. The bruschetta was great. We loved the beers