“Horrible! Never stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Providence, Rhode Island
“Horrible! Never stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel was a nightmare experience. We knew it was a "bare bones" set up, but it was even worse. After we checked in, we noticed there was no hair dryer and the two pillows on the bed were about 1/4" thick. We went to the front desk, and the young man said he was out of pillows and hair dryers. He said the manager had some in his closet, but he (the desk guy) didn't have a key to that, so we would have to wait until the morning. Bad sign when the management doesn't trust the staff with the closet keys! We had a sleepless, terible night. Not only were there no pillows to speak of, but you could hear every noise - the air conditioner went on and off every 3 minutes, there was someone walking in the rooms above us and on either side of us. The next morning we returned to the desk, and sure enough, the manager immediately produced three fluffy, brand new pillows. I was incensed that we had to suffer all the previous night. He then undertook to track down a hairdryer, and did find us one. He said people probably walk off with them. Hello? If they installed them in each room, they couldn't be removed and they'd probably save money. We stayed the second night since we were already unpacked, etc, but I will never ever go back there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, July 30, 2012

Your comments are valid and I will be addressing them with the management team to ensure this doesn’t happen to any other guests. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers.

Between the hotel staff and me, we hope you will give us another opportunity. We look forward to having you join us again or at any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

The violent storms that hit the East Coast earlier this month knocked our power out foot 5 days. The over 100 degree temps caused us to take refuge with our dog at the Extended Stay America in Timonium.
The General Manager, Mike, was absolutely phenomenal while dealing with a complete madhouse due to the number of people that were also trying to get rooms and check-in.
Our room was clean, and very adequate for the price. The staff during our stay was very helpful and friendly.
We definitely will return if we ever need to get away again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Baltimore - Timonium. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have been here since middle May so i have seen a lot fo the operations of the place i think it is well kept,cleaness,laundry and knowlege of the areas local eating places,malls points of interest staff is very nice and goes out of their way to help any issue you have.They also putting big money into this place to make it even better.I dont have a bad thing to say about the entire stay here.I would recommend this place highly!! : - ) **** STAR RATE

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

first I must say that the staff was friendly and efficient. All downhill from there. Two rough looking residents hanging around front entrance. Lobby worn and dated and felt weird. Desk closes at 11pm. Hallways narrow and dark. Whole place smells old. Room spacious but worn out and dirty. Stains on furniture, sheets yellowed and did not seem fresh. Pullout sofa mattress was crunchy and slanted. First floor window lock was broken, but a maintenance man did come right away to fix it. Doors and walls thin, you can hear everything. A woman in a nearby room was screaming on the phone about the drug dealers and alcoholics who were living there and the poor condition of her room. Seems like a low rent place for weekly renters. We were looking for a hotel room for three nights. Nothing nice about the place except the desk clerks. She did not seem surprised when we told her we would not be staying and canceled the reservation without a charge or a problem. we did not feel safe or clean there.

Room Tip: There are not any good rooms here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally apologize for your experience. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Travelers are raving about these Lutherville Timonium hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

This room is so dirty I can't barely stand to be the room. This room hasn't been cleaned thoroughly in years greasy dust, blood on bathroom walls, ants crawling the room, smells like an ashtray, stains on the floor, furniture has food stains. I had low expectations given its an Extended Stay has limited service but basic cleaning should be priority focus of management. I am calling the front desk to see if I can get out of my room now.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tony,

I recently received a copy of your review of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable breakdown in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Columbia, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was not impressed but I didnt expect the world for this class of hotel. I expected old, but everyone can clean! I do not like seeing the previous persons hair around the room and dirty dishes in the cabinet. The Manager is a rude grumpy old man. Avoid this location and pay a few dollars more or stay at the Red Roof Inn down the street that has been updated on the inside.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Baltimore - Timonium. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. In addition we apologize for the quality of your room upon check-in. Your experience is not our norm.

Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is a very uncomfortable place to stay. When we checked in we went straight to our room only to be greeted with A LOT of stink bugs. I do not recommend storing groceries in their filthy, infested kitchen. There's barely a closet area and the bathrooms look like they have not been cleaned in ages. There was hair everywhere. For example: our dish drainer, our bathroom, our EVERYTHING. Our room smelled of stale cigarettes and old milk. Their walls are so thin you can hear everything that's going on! I would not be surprised if this place had bed bugs, which by the way you can take home with you if they are present. The shower curtain, which probably hasn't been washed in over ten years, hugs and sticks to you while you try to shower. I also very strongly recommend you bring your own plates, cups and other utensils. The bed is as comfortable as sleeping on a slab or rock. And the TV was 27 inches of nothingness. The staff was awkwardly friendly and highly unhelpful. I am very dissatisfied! I sent the following to corporate about the stink bug infestation:

"To whom it may concern,
My fiance and I have booked a room here at 9407 Beaver Dam Rd. for a week. As soon as we checked in and came up to our room we noticed at least five or six stink bugs around the window. We killed the ones we saw thinking those would be the only ones. The problem is, it's going on our second night in this room and we have already killed more than a dozen. I have talked to few of the other guests and they seem to have the same problem. My fiance decided to call the front desk and complain about this infestation. The man at the front desk told her he wasn't aware of an infestation though he has seen a few himself. He also said it's a problem all of Maryland is dealing with at the moment. We have been staying in the Baltimore area for a month now and have not seen this problem anywhere else. My other problem is we are staying here for another month or so and would like to have a fully stocked kitchen with groceries, but are concerned about the infestation. This is not a good way to start our long term stay. If something is not done soon I will make sure to write a very detailed review about the situation on every hotel site I can. This is the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel I have stayed at. I hope you do not have any kind of inspection coming up soon regarding this hotel's cleanliness because I'm not sure this hotel could pass such an inspection. Thank you for your time."

THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL is it's location and price! But I would rather pay an extra $20-30 dollars a night than stay in this very gross hotel another night.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley

Been to Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium? Share your experiences!