“Quiter pace” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East & West Nursery Rd.
Placerville
“Quiter pace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Snyders is just down the road from G&M's. I have gone here when the line was too long at G&M's. It is a older, family oriented place with big tables and down home décor. Great service, great seafood, reasonable prices. And plenty of parking. Also very close to the hotels on Nursery Road/BWI - but you would never find it driving around.

Visited May 2014

Severn, Maryland
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had a friend visiting from out of town that remembered this place from his youth, so we decided to go grab a meal. Let me point out that this place is easily accessible off the highway, and by appearances, primarily caters to Wedding groups, Daddy/Daughter dances and events of this nature. That isn't to say that the atmosphere is poor or anything of the sort, but it is generally more targeted to a senior clientele.
On to the food... My friend remembered their crab cakes, and I don't think he was disappointed. I went for the chicken breasts, and was very happy. My chicken was moist and plentiful, and the sides were very good. They have some sides that you don't typically see anymore - my friend had pickled beets and the vegetable medley, I had corn and a baked potato. My friend was very happy with his crab cakes, and felt they were almost all good crab meat and very little filler, with just the right amount of Old Bay.
It was a very nice meal, at a reasonable cost. I would go back again, but am more likely to bring my folks than a date.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Linthicum, MD
“Old Reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Having grown up nearby, I have been to Snyder's many times over the years. It's popular for weddings receptions, high school reunions, retirement dinners, etc. It's a good place for Maryland seafood specialties. The shrimp stuffed with crab imperial, the soft-shell crabs, and the chicken Chesapeake are especially good. The service is typically homey and familiar. On our last visit, we came for the Tuesday night lobster special. We told them what we had come for while we were being seated, and it's a good thing we did. A few minutes later, we heard a waitress at a nearby table saying that they were out of lobster. We panicked a bit since we hadn't ordered yet, but, thankfully, they had put aside our lobsters already. The lobsters were such a treat and the price was unbeatable- $17.99 for a lobster and two sides. The menu is extensive. If you come with a group, even a multi-generational one that includes picky eaters, you can rest assured that everyone will be able to find something to their liking.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“Blast from the PAST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Walking in one could be sure that a ton of wedding receptions had been catered here. There has been no updating in table arrangement, wallpaper or wait staff. And that ain't all bad just a weird feeling that being there 30 years ago would have made ya feel like a million bucks. It really felt like there were a lot of memories clinging everywhere, not bad just a tad eerie. The food was reminiscent of the past as well. Ya got go and see for yourself, we all giggled the moment we opened the door and just kept looking at each other with smiles.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Unimpressive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I ventured out for a lovely valentines dinner and once seated I ordered a bottle of wine. The wrong selection was brought out. Once the correct selection was brought out it was poured into a dirty glass and served to the lady first. I notified the manager and they brought another glass and refreshed the wine. I then ordered a cognac. After 20 minute they told my they didn't have my first or second choice. (What fine establishment has no Remy Martin). My wife ordered the seafood platter and I ordered the prime rib. They didn't have that either. Geeeeezzzzz! The filet mignon was my second choice and it was cooked to perfection but I wasn't offered any sauce or toppings. My asparagus looked more like anorexic string beans and served without the traditional hollandaise sauce.
I guess it was the wrong night or the wrong place. I will not return.

• Visited February 2014