“a short stay but comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Guildford, United Kingdom
“a short stay but comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the BWI Courtyard whist on a layover. the courtesy bus from BWI takes approx. 10 mins to get to the hotel as it also serves the BWI Marriott. the hotel is clean and fresh but lacking in check in desks (2) if you arrive with a few people on the bus you may have a wait whilst the line clears.
they arranged a taxi for me as my flight was an early departure and the courtesy bus didn't start running till 06.30.
Would I stay here again, apart from the price, Yes. At $170 for the night I may find somewhere better priced, but this is an airport hotel so prices are always higher.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We were staying for a family reunion got a great price everything was good we stayed on the 2nd floor on day 2 the elevator broke down which was a mess. Our keys stopped working we was trying to get in at 4am and had to walk all the way around the building to the entrance to get in the lady at the front desk had to let us in. At 9:33am housekeeping is banging on the door now checkout is at noon my question is why are they banging on the door the front desk couldn't have given it to them we were gonna stay another night but after that I said no so I go to checkout and the elevators are still not fixed and the computers were down and I tell the front desk agent about the housekeeping she didn't care not even I'm sorry so we checked out and we to the Westin and that wasn't any better.

• Stayed July 2013
Roody C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hello Pokerolls

Thank you for your feedback and review on your stay with us. First I would like to sincerely apologize for the service failures you experienced with the elevator, keys and housekeeping. Our team strives to ensure the utmost in satisfaction for every guest during their stay. Your feedback has been shared and discussed with our team to ensure deficiencies such as this are corrected. Again, my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced and we thank you for your business. Should your travels bring you back to the BWI area we hope that you will consider us again.

Southlake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I made a request this morning that I have made fifty times at other Courtyards. Can I please get a skim latte. The front desk person claimed she did not know how and disappeared into the back office. She came back in 10 min and said someone would be right out. 15 minutes later, standing like an idiot at the counter, I gave up. No coffee. After trying to sleep on their old lumpy matters, I needed it. Don't stay here folks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Roody C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hello Mark E

My sincere apologies for the service failure you encountered placing your specialty coffee order. I have followed up with our team to ensure we handle this type of incident more efficiently.

In reference to the mattresses, we recently changed the mattresses in our guestrooms to provide a more enjoyable sleep experience as we know this is important part of our guests stay. Im sorry to hear they werent to your liking.

This is certainly not the type of experience we would have wanted you to have while staying with us.

Again, my sincere apologies for the issue you experienced and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was there for a conference this past weekend and I must say that the staff was amazing. In addition, the room standards were great. This is a place I would stay again. Plus, its very close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Roody C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hello Jason R

We are pleased to have provided you with our outstanding service during your conference with us.

Thank you for your feedback about your stay and we hope to see you soon should you return to the BWI region.

Atlanta,GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is the perfect value. The hotel is outstanding in every way possible. the rooms are layed out ideally. The best of all is at the front desk and her name is Sidnee. She can make you feel right at home and will do anything to make your stay ideal.

My wife and I will always stay here when we come to Baltimore. I normally don't do reviews either!

Room Tip: The king is an ideal size for two people and you can't beat the cost
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SCS-Trip

Thank you for your recent review of your stay and the great comments about Sidnee. She is an asset to our hotel and goes out of her way to take care of our guests.

Should your travels bring you bak to the BWI area, Sidnee and our team look forward to seing you again soon.

Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We were flying out of BWI in the morning and wanted to stay near the airport. There is a shuttle that takes you to the airport in the morning and you can pay a daily cheap rate for your car to park there while you're gone. We were greeted nicely upon arrival. The lobby was really modern and nice, we were so surprised! When we got to our room it was awesome and we had a view of the courtyard. We sat on our patio with a bottle of wine we bought at the bistro and it was so relaxing! The bed was comfortable, the shower was great and they even had Paul Mitchell shampoo! My boyfriend and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone flying out of BWI and would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Kristin F

Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay with us while in the Baltimore area. I’m glad that you enjoyed the room and amenities we have to offer our guests.

The parking is a convenient value that many of our guests also enjoy while staying with us and flying out of BWI Airport.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to serving your travel needs again in the future.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I went to visit a friend in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, after having a great day we were late (horrible Philly traffic in the middle of the day Saturday) getting back to the airport to catch the last flight home. Stand-by seats the next morning would be bad, so we drove down to Baltimore to fly out of there in the morning. We quickly needed to find a hotel in the BWI area, (most of them are good mid-grade hotels). A look on hotels.com revealed prices around $130 and several bids hovering around $50 to $60 didn't work on priceline.com. As we were decided to just drive down and take our chances an Express Deal popped up and I grabbed it at $62.

It turned out to be the Courtyard by Marriott BWI. I'd stayed at the Sheraton BWI four weeks earlier with my 90 year old mother, on our last fun trip together before she passed away. So I knew the Courtyard was just around the corner, less than 5 minutes from the airport. I miss her, so much!!

Location:
The hotel is clustered among similar quality hotels surrounded by small business parks, including an enormous aerospace facility. West Nursery Road and Elkridge Landing will take you to the airport. 2.5 miles away. You can also get to the Inner Harbor from here in about 15 minutes.

Food Nearby:
There are not a lot of restaurants nearby. However, there is a Bob Evans breakfast restaurant (3 out of 5 star food quality) and since our visit to the Sheraton, a new Cracker Barrell restaurant is being built fast, (usually 5 out of 5 stars).

Exterior:
Basically looks like a typical Courtyard, nothing special there. However, the parking lot on the side could use a little bit more lighting.

Hallway:
It could have been more brightly lit.

Interior:
Whoa, it is one of the new remodeled style interiors we experienced at the Courtyard Grand Sandestin, in Destin, Florida. It is very colorful, with strong colors, nice spacing, good furniture and a business area with three large screen computers. There is a separate station with two computers specifically setup for creating boarding passes.

The Staff:
Welcoming and responsive. They handled a lot of activity for the Capital Jazz Festival which was going that weekend (a reason for the high unusual high prices in the area).

Room:
I went, "Whoa", when I saw it, for it was also quite colorful and bright. Red and earth tones seem to be the dominant color, but it it blended in well with all of the other colors. More importantly, my wife liked it and said, "this is great", and she is much harder to please. Carpeting looked good, nice size combination desk-tv stand-work area. Wallpaper, painting, etc., all looked good and very new.

Bed:
It was not one of those plush super soft, hold me in splendor type beds. But it was still good and we slept well.

Bathroom:
Was good with no rusted surfaces, torn or worn facilities, stains or the like. It was kind of small when viewing it from the perspective of a wheelchair having to move around in it.

Other Items:
The safe in the room would not lock, so we had to keep our valuables with us when we went exploring the Inner Harbor in the morning before our flight.
The wi-fi in the room was pretty strong and was complimentary. In the lobby the wi-fi was much faster and stronger.

My question is always did I get value?
At a $90 price-point I would consider it good. However, at $72 (with taxes), I considered this an very good hotel stay spot.

TIP: Since my wife had never been to the Inner Harbor, I got her up early to get over there. 1) Before about 9am, there is hardly any crowd in the area, so you have much easier accessibility. 2) That time of morning you can usually find some free parking about 10 minutes walk away on Aliceanna Street, between S. Carolina and S. Broadway. 3) There's a breakfast restaurant on Aliceanna St., that has a good breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Roody C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Lifetraveler1

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed and thorough review of your stay with us. It's an impressive amount of detail. I'm sure this will be beneficial for other visitors to the site.

We are currently addressing the lighting in and around the building to make them more energy efficient and brighter.

We are pleased that given the reason for your having to stay with us you were able to go and see our city while here.

Again, thank you for you’re in depth observations of your visit with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Roody

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!