“Poor management and customer service” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1671 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
“Poor management and customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We were attending a sales conference while staying here. So after our conference we came back to our room and were discussing our exciting day and receieved a knock on the door about 45 mins later. The management stated in the most mean and condesending voice that we were way to loud and said we needed to leave. Really? We told them we would quiten down and we did and within 10 mins he brought someone else to our door demanded we open our door or they would open it and proceeded to tell us they had been to our room 4 times which was a Total LIE!! Told us to get out.....really people? I will never recommend this place to our group....which actually has a contract with them and will definately cancel my membership. Reality....all you had to do was ask nicely not treat us like we were teenagers just because we were excited about our careers!!!!

• Stayed October 2012

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here at the beginning and at the end of a trip to Africa and I'll probably stay there again it's a good place. Left my car there for a month parking and the rate was very reasonable. Front desk staff was very nice and not to mention easy to look at.

• Stayed August 2012
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Chose this because the Marriott Hotel down the street was fully booked. It was fine for a one night stay to fly out early in the morning. The Bistro idea for their meals and the lounge for visiting is nice. No tv remote in room. Staff followed up to make sure the remote was provided. It seems to be a clean, basic Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I were catching a flight from FL to BWI, only to stay for one night so as to catch our longer flight the following day. I had read dozens of reviews of all the hotels around BWI. I was looking for something with a shuttle service to and from the hotel, and an indoor pool so the children could get out some energy after flying. The shuttle service was a joke! The driver was very nice, but it took forever to get there, the back door wouldn't open to load the luggage so my husband had to get on and off the shuttle through the small front door to get all of our luggage and booster seats for our children. The door didn't even stay closed! It kept flying open on the drive! It was a nightmare! Then we get to the hotel only to realize that the room I thought we were getting, 2 queens beds with a living room, didn't even exist. We were going for a larger room to have room to move around with 2 adults and 3 children. Instead the "living room" was a dirty arm chair that looked like it had Blood stains on it! Barf! The room was half the size I believed it to be. There was no room service, and the "restaurant" inside was overpriced and rarely open. I had to find a Walmart just to stock up on snacks and juices. The indoor pool was nasty, long hairs surrounded it. The tiles they used for the flooring in that room were so slippery that even I had a hard time walking around. A serious accident waiting to happen! They have a life guard on duty, which I thought was odd and found annoying since he just stared at us the entire time. Making for a very awkward swim. It was an even bigger let down because we had two friends with their families come to visit us for the night, they had decided to book rooms there too to be close to us. I was so embarrassed that it was the hotel I had picked, which cost $100 more than other hotels in the area, and my dear friends bit the bullet just to stay near us. When we fly through BWI again, we will not be staying here and may even opt to just fly right through that whole area entirely.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while visiting Baltimore at the end of August. The location is great, only about 10 minutes outside Baltimore. We were never far from anything we wanted to do. Lobby was nice and there is a bar/ coffee area that is a nice touch. Front desk staff and bartender were very friendly and helpful. The lobby design was pretty awesome as well. Couldn't ask for more in the rooms- the beds were comfortable and the shower was excellent. Overall we were very, very impressed with our stay!

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Based on the Trip Advisor reviews, I chose the BWI Marriott Courtyard over the hotel hosting the conference that I attended in Baltimore. I am glad I did.

The airport location was great, less than ten minutes from my downtown conference. At check in, and all during my stay, the front desk staff exuded professionalism, were eager to help, and were the personification of service. Like a majority of Courtyards, the lobby had been updated.

In addition to the lobby; my room, updated in a tasteful burgundy and cream motif, was spotless. Although I did not use them, there were a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. My room faced the courtyard and was very quiet. The bed was firm, yet soft enough to sink into a restful slumber. . . overall an excellent choice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
North Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband I and stayed here overnight before an early morning flight from BWI. The lobby is open and modern with a business center, bar with appetizer-type food to order, and lounge. Our room was immaculate. There was free wi-fi and a beautiful courtyard in the center of the hotel with plenty of seating area. We would most definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!