“This is a great place to stay near the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Ellicottville, New York
“This is a great place to stay near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Residence Inn is my favorite Marriott branded hotel because the rooms are always huge and comfortable and they serve a light dinner during the week along with breakfast - always included in the price. The courtyard at this property is very nicely manicured with a pool (even though it was 90 degrees it was closed and covered), a basketball court, and a nice sitting area. No fire pit, which would be nice here. Very close to the airport and rental car return facility. If you have to go to BWI, sorry. But it's at least a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BWIGM, Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty and allowing Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport to provide you with a great place to stay. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed onto our associates.

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Let's start out by saying my last Tripadvisor review was for another Residence Inn and I raved about it. Not this property though. I arrived late after struggling to find the right place to get the airport shuttle. Did I mention I called the hotel and they told me stand in a place that way under construction. The shuttle finally came. it was shared between the Marriott, the Courtyard by Marriott and the Residence Inn.

When I checked in, realizing the late hour, went straight to the Marriott marketplace vending. When I reached for a bottle of beer, i was told they can't sell beer after 1100p. Then I found out they didn't really have any food items other than a microwaveable pasta dinner and some chips.

I was given a map and told to go out of the building, follow a path and go into a back building. When I got to my room, I found I was given a 2 bedroom suite. Which was nice, but I noticed that the total square footage was about the same as the 1 bedroom units I usually get. The extra bedroom came at the cost of a much smaller living room area. For example, there was not work desk. i had to plug my computer into the kitchen counter.

To top it off, I found out that instead of getting a hotel shuttle to the nearby BWI Amtrak station, which is 1.5 miles away like most of the other BWI hotels, I will have to take the shuttle back to the airport and find the airport Amtrak Shuttle. That should add an extra 30 minutes to go a little more than a mile.

Let's just say this will be my last time at this hotel. It's been pretty disappointing and I've only been here about an hour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BWIGM, Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport during your recent trip to Baltimore. Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and we are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. As you are probably already aware, this is not the typical Marriott experience that you have grown accustomed to.
We can certainly understand how frustrating travel can be which was evident from your comments regarding your experience getting the shuttle from the airport, which was affected by the by the construction, the disappointment you experienced when you were unable to purchase a beer after your long day, not being able to get transportation directly to the Amtrak station and your difficulty finding the desk that was located in your two-bedroom suite.
This feedback will certainly be addressed with our operations team as well as the shuttle department. We also will utilize this information to help better serve our current and future guests.
As always, we appreciate your loyalty and the patronage of our guests and strive for them to leave our hotel having experienced a problem free stay.
Thank you again for feedback and we certainly would like another opportunity to for you to stay with us again.
Spring TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Residence Inn at Linthicum Maryland was a wonderful place for our extended stay. The rooms are so large and have a kitchen, large closets, huge desk, large couch and big flat screen television and one of the most comfortable beds I have found. The breakfast is excellent with many choices. They also had food in the evenings, four days a week. The pool has a life guard which you don't see at most hotels. There is a sport court for basketball and/or tennis. The staff is extremely accommodating and always helpful. I really did not want to leave there - felt like I was at home. We received a wonderful rate with our Island Rays membership which blew me away. I couldn't believe the value! There is no doubt where to stay if we are in the area again. Loved it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn BWI Airport during your trip to Baltimore. We appreciate the comments regarding your experience and that the accommodations matched your needs. We look forward seeing you during your next trip to our area
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Full time business traveler: This is the individual buildings type Residence Inn. You drive up to the lobby, register, then drive to your building. Each building is 3 floors and they do have elevators (some Resindences not as I have found).
The grounds here are very nicely kept. The buildings are in good shape. The lobby is very well kept. Front desk help was friendly and efficient. One issue, parking.The building I was staying in has a row of about 12 spaces in front of it. They were full every night. I get back from work late each evening and had to park toward the back. However, I do not factor this into my rating/hold it against the hotel. Most hotels in densely populated areas typically require some walking distance from parking. On the plus side there were an abundant amount of parking overall. Within the area, very close, is a 7-11, Ruby Tuesday and a host of other establishments. I don't think I would call them in walking distance but these are very close...maybe a 2 minute drive.
The rooms themselves are in good shape, very clean. No real signs of wear I could see. Environmental controls worked good. Audio/visual was quite good. Good work space and plenty of outlets. The shower had good pressure and good temperature.
Again, if you have stayed at Residence you know the layout well. I would say this location will definitely not be disappointing compared to others. And if you are new to Residence inn, I highly recommend this hotel IF you like the apartment style, the more open style (full kitchen, separate living room, bedroom) accommodations. However, if you prefer the more enclosed hotel style - where everything is contained in one building, where access in/out of the hotel is limited to the lobby, where one elevator ride gets you to the pool or breakfast area or the workout room etc etc - then I suggest opting for a different hotel. .

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty and allowing Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport to provide you with a great place to stay. We sincerely appreciate your helpful comments!
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were disappointed with 2 recent stays at this property.
While there is a sign indicating that the lobby is newly renovated, it remains too small to handle anything but the most minimal crowds. Case in point: A large group had gathered at the hotel on the July 4th holiday, and the common areas were simply overwhelmed and staff appeared completely unprepared for the onslaught Breakfast was complete chaos with food strewn about everywhere and the kitchen help desperately trying to manage the situation. At other Residence Inns I've stayed at - and I've spent upwards of 100 nights at Marriott properties in the last year - the management is well prepared for such situations and adjusts staffing accordingly (either that or the hotel management failed to enforce maximum occupancy levels in the rooms). Here, the general manager appeared to arrive after the chaos had passed and he subsequently had to scramble to clean up the mess and restore the lobby to something approaching what a health department inspector would deem adequate.
Days earlier, during an evening manager's reception, finding a place to sit in the small lobby was a challenge even though the crowd was a little more low-key and the level of cleanliness was more in line with what I would expect. The fitness room is extremely small by Residence Inn standards with a few treadmills and little else - there's simply no room.
The rest of the property is detached from the lobby and appears to have been updated with the current Residence Inn motif, including carpets and televisions plus a fresh coat of paint. Unfortunately, kitchen appliances were not updated and the suites I stayed in lacked full-sized ovens. The microwaves looked straight out of 1995. One of the rooms I stayed in appeared to have a smoker as a prior guest despite the posted no smoking sign, but it was too late and I was too tired to request a change. The shower drain also was malfunctioning.
There tends to be few parking spaces near the parts of the property where most of the rooms are located, often resulting in long walks to your room from the back or front. The elevators seem to be located closest to the parts of the property with the fewest amounts of parking spaces.
I did ask for and received a token credit to my Marriott Rewards account for the July 4th stay, but I will look to other properties in the area next time I am staying near BWI. Perhaps this property does, indeed, warrant the four stars it receives on TripAdvisor, but it definitely did not live up to that billing during my stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport during your recent trip to Baltimore. Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment during the stay. We certainly remember the 4th of July breakfast experience and are sorry to say that we failed miserably in responding to the increase in guest attendance. After investigation and follow-up into what happened, we discovered that a large portion of the guests were actually non-guests from neighboring hotels that were invited to by a group staying for the weekend. It seems that our breakfast was much more of an appealing option. However, this not an excuse that we can afford to let happen again. We have updated our staff to the potential of this occurring again and the contingency to address it proactively.
We would love for you to stay with us again. Your comments regarding the size of our public space and the layout of the hotel are communicated to our Brand staff to consider when designing and building new prototypes. Thank you again for the great feedback!
East Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Friendly staff that ensures you have a great hotel breakfast experience. They even have yogurt parfait for the health conscious. Clean rooms and property. The pool doesn't open until 11am but they have a lifeguard on the premise that didn't mind us doing our own version of water aerobics.

Room Tip: For a family choose the to bedroom suite. It has 2 bathrooms and a pull out couch.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn BWI Airport during your recent trip to Baltimore. Your comments are very much appreciated and we are happy that you had a great stay! Please come back to visit soon. By the way, we have the recipe for that healthy Parfait if needed.

Enjoy the remainder of your summer!!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a immediate-family reunion based at BWI Residence Inn...Everyone was so helpful and thoughtful...We had 14 people from ages 2 months to very mature...and it was great!! Breakfast outside at the umbrella table, where kids could move around, late night conversations after the kids in bed, over endless coffee...airport and kid-friendly restaurants nearby and shuttle for the occasional arrival and early departures...close to inner harbor for the water taxi to Fort. Mc Henry and its wonderful tree-lined park...a perfect time-intensive long weekend...The accomodations could not have been better, Danielle, Justin and all the staff were quick to address any question knowledgeably. Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Baltimore to celebrate with your family. It sounds like you had a great time! We appreciate the comments and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!